Erectile Dysfunction Part 2 - Which Hormone To Optimize And How

ubiety

Another excellent article, thanks Hans. Do you think Losartan would help with ED only if you have high blood pressure or are replacing another high blood pressure medication with it? A study I read seemed to suggest the latter - that most HBP medications cause ED and switching to Losartan greatly improved it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Another excellent article, thanks Hans. Do you think Losartan would help with ED only if you have high blood pressure or are replacing another high blood pressure medication with it? A study I read seemed to suggest the latter - that most HBP medications cause ED and switching to Losartan greatly improved it.
Thanks man. Yes indeed, meds used for HBP do contribute to ED whereas Losartan has the opposite effect.

ubiety

Thanks man. Yes indeed, meds used for HBP do contribute to ED whereas Losartan has the opposite effect.
I don't have HBP (it's under 140) and I don't take meds. I was wondering if you found in your research that Losartan could still help ED if not just replacing another HBP med with it?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't have HBP (it's under 140) and I don't take meds. I was wondering if you found in your research that Losartan could still help ED if not just replacing another HBP med with it?
It depends. If someone is stressed with elevated angiotensin II and aldosterone, it might help. Research is mainly done on people with hypertension of diabetics, where it seem effective, but seem very mild and insignificant to those that don't have those conditions.

Aad

Very good article, thank you. But you shared no links to articles on how to increase progesterone.

brix

Interesting section about PTH. I think I have elevated PTH as I have high serum calcium, along with joint and skin issues. My diet is lowish in Calcium. Will try adding in Calcium, k2, and Magnesium and see if I have some positive results

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Very good article, thank you. But you shared no links to articles on how to increase progesterone.
Thanks man. I haven't written on how to do that yet, but I might some time in the future. Preg supplementation should help increase it and you can go straight for the progesterone itself. A few things that can increase progesterone are testosterone, vitamin D, vitamin B6, magnesium, vitamin C and lowering stress.

Lee Simeon

Thanks man. I haven't written on how to do that yet, but I might some time in the future. Preg supplementation should help increase it and you can go straight for the progesterone itself. A few things that can increase progesterone are testosterone, vitamin D, vitamin B6, magnesium, vitamin C and lowering stress.
Would be very interesting with a vitamin C article! Had no idea that it increases progesterone.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would be very interesting with a vitamin C article! Had no idea that it increases progesterone.
I have no idea when I would write an article on vitamin C; It feels a bit like creatine lol, as it's been written about so much already. But it could still be a possibility.

Frankdee20

I have no idea when I would write an article on vitamin C; It feels a bit like creatine lol, as it's been written about so much already. But it could still be a possibility.

I also saw a link saying it can increase DHEA and Oxytocin.... Ascorbate has so much activity in the human body so it doesn’t surprise me at all...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I also saw a link saying it can increase DHEA and Oxytocin.... Ascorbate has so much activity in the human body so it doesn’t surprise me at all...
Yeah, it's definitely beneficial. A lot could be explained due to it lowering cortisol, endotoxins, oxidative stress and so on.

Aad

Thank you!

Interesting section about PTH. I think I have elevated PTH as I have high serum calcium, along with joint and skin issues. My diet is lowish in Calcium. Will try adding in Calcium, k2, and Magnesium and see if I have some positive results

try to put D3 on your stack.
Tolerable Upper Intake level is 4000IU/d for USA and probably EU too.
10000IU/d seems fine to me.