Does stroking your beard increase your DHT?

Starchless

This one sounds very stupid but let me explain:

Whenever I imagine my beard growing and stroke my chin area, I feel some itchy sensation on my chin and beard area and then after I get this relaxed feeling with insane confidence, it feels like a DHT increase because I get a similar feeling to coffee. So I have a bit of an understanding of how DHT feels, it's like this feeling where you feel wiser than everyone around, sort of like a drunk old man who tells stories about the past. I don't know if you guys feel the same way from DHT-increasing supplements like I do.

So when I pretend to be super high DHT, I feel my DHT actually going up, and the itchy feeling on my chin keeps going on until I touch it again and it stops. It feels like doing this makes my facial hair grow faster, it sounds so stupid but I wouldn't be shocked if pretending to be high DHT actually gives you a legitimate increase in DHT.

Similar to that study about how men who stood up straight in a superhero position saw an increase in testosterone, maybe stroking your beard and acting like a wise man leads to a boost in DHT, maybe this is why all those super religious preachers can grow some mean beards, it's because of the behaviour that they adopted of being the "wise man" sending signals to their body to make them grow facial hair and have a naturally deeper voice.

This sounds very "pseudoscience" I know, it's just this thought I had.

Goat-e

Does stroking your beard increase your DHT?​

Only if the stroking is being done by a collection of extraordinarily hot, scantily-dressed women. But if you've got low DHT in the first place that might be tricky to achieve....

JamesGatz

In my view - I believe stroking the beard or pulling/touching hair increases serotonin - however, I do believe growing out the beard increases DHT - my androgens definitely feels a lot stronger now that I am growing my hair out on my head and beard.

Another interesting thing - when my serotonin is high my hair and nails grow a lot faster but when my serotonin is low growth seems to slow down quiet a bit. Personally, I believe it is some sort of protecting mechanism and I believe hair in both of these areas should be kept on the longer side.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals