Best Foods To Increase Dopamine

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

If you've been wondering how to increase your dopamine, specifically with food, I just did an article on it and wanted to share with your guys.
Dopamine is involved in motivation, focus, memory, cognition, drive, happiness, etc., so it's definitely something I want to keep optimized.

Check it out: 17 Best Dopamine sky-rocketing Foods » MenElite

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for reading.

Attakai

Great as always. Do you think a "brain" supplement would suffice or do you think eating brain has a much higher benefit?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great as always. Do you think a "brain" supplement would suffice or do you think eating brain has a much higher benefit?
I think a brain supplement would definitely help as it's freeze-dried which makes it a concentrated source of brains. By eating the brain you can get a lot more at once, but someone is most likely not going to eat brain daily, so a supplement is a good idea.

Nemo

That's an amazingly helpful article, Hans. Thank you.

Barry

very helpful. Maybe a bit more discussion on the negative aspects of turmeric, green tea, which we read so much positive things in most other places.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
very helpful. Maybe a bit more discussion on the negative aspects of turmeric, green tea, which we read so much positive things in most other places.
Good point. I do think that a little bit of turmeric could good but in the doses some people supplement it it might start to be negative. For example, resveratrol, turmeric, berberine, green tea, all exert anti-androgenic properties where they lower steroidogenic enzymes.

If read a study where a little bit of phytoestrogens can be anti-estrogenic whereas higher doses are estrogenic. Peat even talked about it in the recent podcast with Haidut and Danny where he said that small doses of caffeine can be sedative whereas large doses are stimulatory.
This is similar with many other compounds where a small dose and a large dose can have opposite effects.

So I so think that a small dose of turmeric can be pro-androgenic (because it lowers inflammation) but in large doses it can be anti-androgenic and serotonergic.

Frankdee20

Can we include FAVA beans on this list ? It may have negligible amounts of L Dopa...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can we include FAVA beans on this list ? It may have negligible amounts of L Dopa...
I'm not sure if the benefit outweighs the risk.
Fava beans contain the compounds vicine and convicine. These chemicals are metabolized to divicine and isouramil, which are potent oxidizing agents.
I'd say there are safer foods to increase dopamine.

HumanLife

I can attest to Cacao Powder's pro-dopamine effects from using it last year in March. I used to eat it after hearing about it in the forum, but then I stopped. I should get back to it, I just stopped using it when trying to look out for other foods and never came back to it. The reasoning you provided in aiding dopamine synthesis is really interesting, and would explain the euphoric feeling I had in that same month, which I haven't managed to achieve again. I used Lindt chocolate's 70% cocoa and higher. I think I achieved the euphoric feeling around the same time I was taking the 99% cocoa, it might have been one of the things that made me free of anxiety in that period. I bought the 85% cocoa from another brand today and... I feel good. I will report back of any benefits later.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I can attest to Cacao Powder's pro-dopamine effects from using it last year in March. I used to eat it after hearing about it in the forum, but then I stopped. I should get back to it, I just stopped using it when trying to look out for other foods and never came back to it. The reasoning you provided in aiding dopamine synthesis is really interesting, and would explain the euphoric feeling I had in that same month, which I haven't managed to achieve again. I used Lindt chocolate's 70% cocoa and higher. I think I achieved the euphoric feeling around the same time I was taking the 99% cocoa, it might have been one of the things that made me free of anxiety in that period. I bought the 85% cocoa from another brand today and... I feel good. I will report back of any benefits later.
Sweet man. Cocoa and carbs have a synergistic effect at lowering stress and increasing dopamine. I like to add cocoa powder with fruit and honey in a smoothie.

Ron J

I noticed you mentioned using monk fruit sweetener; have you read about its safety? I've asked before on the forum, but didn't get a response.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I noticed you mentioned using monk fruit sweetener; have you read about its safety? I've asked before on the forum, but didn't get a response.
It's an extract from the monk fruit so it's natural, similar to stevia. Unless maybe the supplement is contaminated, I'd say it's safe.

Jsaute21

Good point. I do think that a little bit of turmeric could good but in the doses some people supplement it it might start to be negative. For example, resveratrol, turmeric, berberine, green tea, all exert anti-androgenic properties where they lower steroidogenic enzymes.

If read a study where a little bit of phytoestrogens can be anti-estrogenic whereas higher doses are estrogenic. Peat even talked about it in the recent podcast with Haidut and Danny where he said that small doses of caffeine can be sedative whereas large doses are stimulatory.
This is similar with many other compounds where a small dose and a large dose can have opposite effects.

So I so think that a small dose of turmeric can be pro-androgenic (because it lowers inflammation) but in large doses it can be anti-androgenic and serotonergic.
I was meaning to ask you - what drives you’re recommendation in many articles for green tea extract? As you mention above isn’t green tea anti androgen? Your articles are great just was curious regarding the anecdote.

Frankdee20

Those brands are not that great, a good chocolate bar should run you about 4 dollars and up. Theo is good, Green and Blacks, and other artisan brands.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was meaning to ask you - what drives you’re recommendation in many articles for green tea extract? As you mention above isn’t green tea anti androgen? Your articles are great just was curious regarding the anecdote.
The main reason why I would mention green tea for example is because it's been shown to have a specific action related to what I'm talking about. So more recently I though to instead mention that I'm aware of those compounds, but why I would not use them even if they might seem beneficial.

Frankdee20

The main reason why I would mention green tea for example is because it's been shown to have a specific action related to what I'm talking about. So more recently I though to instead mention that I'm aware of those compounds, but why I would not use them even if they might seem beneficial.
The EGCG has been linked to Dopamine more so than the Theanine.

HumanLife

Those brands are not that great, a good chocolate bar should run you about 4 dollars and up. Theo is good, Green and Blacks, and other artisan brands.

The Lindt chocolate I buy here costs, 2.90 euros, which makes it roughly 3.30 dollars. It's already pretty pricey. I checked online where I could buy Theo or Green and Blacks and there's a shop not too long from where I live that sells it, so I will check it out.

What do you think of the Novi brand, by the way?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals