Fat Up The Health Benefits With Dairy Fat

JKX

A good read as always. I drink at least a litre of full fat Jersey milk per day and love it. I get a notable increase in metabolism from full fat dairy. But I think if I ever increase my milk intake beyond that I might swap to 1%.

YourUniverse

Milk fat is great for you for so many reasons. Youth-promoting hormones as you mentioned in another article, vitamins K2 and D, protein and valuable alkaline minerals.

Anecdotally, I find too much whole milk (3.25% here in canada) makes me colder. Could this be Randle cycle?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
A good read as always. I drink at least a litre of full fat Jersey milk per day and love it. I get a notable increase in metabolism from full fat dairy. But I think if I ever increase my milk intake beyond that I might swap to 1%.
I seem to bloat more if I consume more than 1L of full fat milk, but if it's skim I don't bloat at all even with 3L. Might be the brand, so that's something I have to experiment with.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Milk fat is great for you for so many reasons. Youth-promoting hormones as you mentioned in another article, vitamins K2 and D, protein and valuable alkaline minerals.

Anecdotally, I find too much whole milk (3.25% here in canada) makes me colder. Could this be Randle cycle?
Could possibly be. Maybe it's also causing some gut irritation for you?

T

TheBeard

I can't drink milk on days I eat solid food, makes me spray paint my toilet.
If the only thing I ingest is milk then I'm ok, troublesome digestion still, but ok.
I love how warm full fat milk makes me.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I can't drink milk on days I eat solid food, makes me spray paint my toilet.
If the only thing I ingest is milk then I'm ok, troublesome digestion still, but ok.
I love how warm full fat milk makes me.
Interesting. Do you still get indigestion if you separate the solids with the milk for several hours?
IIRC, you were on some sort of carnivore diet of meat and milk and some other food I can't remember. Do you still do that diet?

T

TheBeard

Interesting. Do you still get indigestion if you separate the solids with the milk for several hours?
IIRC, you were on some sort of carnivore diet of meat and milk and some other food I can't remember. Do you still do that diet?

I have to separate the milk and solids at least 12h apart if I want peace.
I added back some carbs like rice and potatoes, so not strict carnivore anymore.
Milk adjunction to meat still bothered me, although I was happy to have an animal carb source.

Maljam

Really enjoyed the article, very interesting parts on the odd chain fatty acids, don't get talked about enough.

Maljam

Have you tested the same amount of skim milk? Is the milk straight out of the fridge? Lots of cold liquid can easily make people colder.

Peaches

Fantastic article (and website!). Thanks for the info! As a soap maker, fatty acids and their properties have always been a fascinating subject. I at one point only knew stearic acid as a hardening agent in my soap or lauric acid as the ingredient which increases bubbles, but over the past year have found it nothing short of amazing to find out what they can do in the body when consumed :):. One thing which confuses me is that there seems to be a lot of benefits in milk fat for fixing metabolic dysfunction and thus helping with obesity. Yet, skimmed milk is promoted for losing body weight in most of the threads on this forum and by Ray Peat in his interviews. Wouldn't it be better to consume full fat milk but simply less of it (to consider the calorie count) for weight loss than skimmed milk since full fat milk would provide you with more of the SFA benefits?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Fantastic article (and website!). Thanks for the info! As a soap maker, fatty acids and their properties have always been a fascinating subject. I at one point only knew stearic acid as a hardening agent in my soap or lauric acid as the ingredient which increases bubbles, but over the past year have found it nothing short of amazing to find out what they can do in the body when consumed :):. One thing which confuses me is that there seems to be a lot of benefits in milk fat for fixing metabolic dysfunction and thus helping with obesity. Yet, skimmed milk is promoted for losing body weight in most of the threads on this forum and by Ray Peat in his interviews. Wouldn't it be better to consume full fat milk but simply less of it (to consider the calorie count) for weight loss than skimmed milk since full fat milk would provide you with more of the SFA benefits?
Thanks. Yeah, these fats are definitely amazing and fascinating. That is a good strategy for sure. I personally aim to get 3L of milk, so it has to be low fat or skim for me not to pick up weight. But if I lowered my milk intake to 1L and reduced my dietary fat overall, I'd probably have whole milk and cream in my coffee.

Peaches

Thanks. Yeah, these fats are definitely amazing and fascinating. That is a good strategy for sure. I personally aim to get 3L of milk, so it has to be low fat or skim for me not to pick up weight. But if I lowered my milk intake to 1L and reduced my dietary fat overall, I'd probably have whole milk and cream in my coffee.

Can I ask why you are aiming for 3litres of milk right now? As in, is it for a particular body composition goal or health benefit? I've started drinking around 1-1.5 litres of skimmed milk daily and I thought that was a lot :smile:.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can I ask why you are aiming for 3litres of milk right now? As in, is it for a particular body composition goal or health benefit? I've started drinking around 1-1.5 litres of skimmed milk daily and I thought that was a lot :smile:.
It's just a good and convenient source of protein, carbs, calcium, vitamin B2 and many other nutrients. I also really like milk, so I guess it's more of a personal preference.

Inaut

I buy a good whipping cream with no added thickeners or preservatives. It is very androgenic and good for libido

lampofred

There's something amazing in dairy fat but it does make me gain weight and the PUFA does add up, plus Dr. Peat is so emphatic about low-fat milk and he's much smarter than I am, so I don't drink whole anymore... Plus cheap full-fat milk will have accumulated dioxins.

Inaut

There's something amazing in dairy fat but it does make me gain weight and the PUFA does add up, plus Dr. Peat is so emphatic about low-fat milk and he's much smarter than I am, so I don't drink whole anymore... Plus cheap full-fat milk will have accumulated dioxins.

Dr Peat also doesn’t strike me as doing strenuous activity so the calories would certain add up quickly

Peaches

It's just a good and convenient source of protein, carbs, calcium, vitamin B2 and many other nutrients. I also really like milk, so I guess it's more of a personal preference.
Thanks that's good to know :relaxed:.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals