Why Intermittent Fasting Actually Works (it’s Not What You Think)

Sounds rough man, why did you do such a long term low protein diet?
>Initially had significant psoriasis issues
>Tried a bunch of random supplement protocols, got a bit worse
>Tried all forms of keto from using large amounts of butter, nuts, or fatty red meat for fat
>Tried a liver reset from Ben Greenfield, things were marginally better but got worse not long after
>Tried a pesticide & metal detox from Bryan Walsh (hardcore sauna use for the 3 months surrounding this time)... Helped majorly for a short time until I gave into wickedly intense cravings for sugar of all types, major backlash effect immediately, much worse than before
>Stupid, over the top enema practices trying to nuke the mysterious problem out of existence. I legitimately thought I killed myself on one of them for a couple hours afterwards.
>Tried carnivore dieting, quickly transitioning into raw carnivore. Initial progress until I got trashed on a watermelon then I knew something was really wrong
>Got to a point where I felt I couldn't eat anything without causing an issue. For a couple weeks it felt like the entire grocery store was one big booby trap. Couldn't drink two tablespoons of coffee without freezing to death and urinating two clear quarts in the next two hours

*During this time I avoided all forms of carbohydrate to a great extent. They were a cheat in my mind. I probably had less fructose over the course of 500 days than you'd find in 3 bags of grapes. Fasted cardio training was preferred because I felt I couldn't recover from normal, regular weightlifting sessions (and looking back I feel I was right, 'mind over matter' has never been the issue, assuredly I say).

To finally answer your question though, it's because I finally listened to Robert Morse and put all my "vegans are unhealthy quacks" ideologies to the side. Fruit fasting and using herbs was the only thing that FINALLY gave big, big progress. My cognition started to come back, so I kept riding it out until I felt the progress had ceased. My skin issues hadn't cleared, but they were better and my brain actually functioned again for the first time in years so I was easily motivated to keep the fasting up... Which was so easy compared to all of the previous efforts.