The Dope On Blocking Fatty Acid Oxidation

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What happens in the body when energy is produced from alcohol? Since you mention it in the article
Couple weeks ago I went camping with friends and we were drinking all day, while drastically cutting food of course.
I felt pretty great, even afterwards. My extremities were extremely warm, and my sleep very good, naturally
The body creates ATP from it and itappears to speeds up the metabolism because the body wants to get rid of it as fast as possible.
Alcohol is burned first, before glucose, fat or protein. So if you're healthy you can handle it, but if your health is comprimised you'll suffer from oxidative stress and inflammation and start to get negative symptoms such as fatty liver, leaky gut, insulin resistance, nutrient deficiencies, etc.

Recoen

I can think of 2 possibilities-- the fructose was being absorbed very quickly by tissues, and glucose along with it. Or that the insulin spike occurred even before the 5 min mark, and caused blood sugar to quickly drop.

Did you say you have low insulin values as well? Or were you referring to blood sugar only?

Have you taken similar readings but on other carbs such as rice, oatmeal, or potatoes? It would be helpful to have those readings.
I do have low insulin too.

I haven’t tested after just eating rice, oatmeal, or potatoes; I have always had them with fat and/or protein. I’ll try them this week.

Will you share what you’re thinking if they cause more of a spike? What if they cause a similar progression?

yerrag

I haven’t tested after just eating rice, oatmeal, or potatoes; I have always had them with fat and/or protein. I’ll try them this week.
Try them with fats and protein. Fats slow down the digestion and meat contains potassium, which helps with sugar absorption into tissues.

Will you share what you’re thinking if they cause more of a spike? What if they cause a similar progression?
If there's a spike in blood sugar, likely a spike in insulin will follow. And the insulin will signal the liver to convert blood sugar to fatty acids in an overly strongly manner, leading to a rapid lowering of blood sugar.

Starch, being complex carbs, especially those with fiber, will take longer to digest into simple sugars, and the sugar will be assimilated at a slower rate into the blood. At the rate it's going, it could take as long as 4-5 hours for a fibrous starch to be digested, and so, even if you have no glycogen stores, you will continually have a slow stream of sugar being metered into your blood from the slow digestion and conversion of starch into sugar for assimilation into blood.

@Ableton
Ableton said: ↑

What happens in the body when energy is produced from alcohol? Since you mention it in the article
Couple weeks ago I went camping with friends and we were drinking all day, while drastically cutting food of course.
I felt pretty great, even afterwards. My extremities were extremely warm, and my sleep very good, naturally

What also happens is downregulation of GABA - receptivity, and thus reduced gabaergic tone and transmission, demasking sympathetic tone. Also, it is an source for acetate, but even better would just be plain vinegar, the acetic acid is a source of acetate endogenously.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
which are?
Lowering inflammation, and getting all your micros are the 2 main ones. There are many categories that fall under those, but that's where I'll start. I typically address diet and lifestyle and that's basically all people need.

TheBeastPanda

Lowering inflammation, and getting all your micros are the 2 main ones. There are many categories that fall under those, but that's where I'll start. I typically address diet and lifestyle and that's basically all people need.
Best unorthodox ways to lower inflammation?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Best unorthodox ways to lower inflammation?
It depends on where it's coming from. It could be from insulin resistance, sleep loss, gut issues, toxin exposure, etc. So you have to identify that first than address it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals