The One Gut Bacterium You Have To Boost (and Here’s How)

Inaut

yeah I reacted well to inulin FOS and so i am doing around 5-10g per day. Sent in another test after about 2 weeks on it, so will see if its doing anything
Great interview with the gut doctor amigo!

Vesi

There is so much controversy over gut bacteria and if we should lower it or boost it or try to modulate it.
Well, we have a gut microbiota whether we like it not, so we have to make the best of it.

Lowering gut bacteria with antibiotics can be very helpful, but is rarely a long term solution. Eating the right diet will make the most difference, but we still have to optimize our lifestyle as well, because things outside the gut, such as stress, lack of sunlight, low vitamin D, nutrient deficiencies, lack of movement, poor sleep, etc., can also have a negative effect on the gut.

However, one bacterial species that seems to have a lot of benefits is Akkermansia muciniphila.

I wrote an article on the benefits of A. muciniphila and how to boost it:
The one gut bacterium you have to boost (and here's how) » MENELITE

Let me know your thoughts.

Because of the strong antibacterial activity, EGCG reduced the diversity of gut microbiota and relative abundance of Firmicutes and Saccharibacteria, but substantially enriched the Verrucomicrobia, especially for Akkermansia, a beneficial genus with obesity- and diabetes-alleviating effects (Raza et al., 2017). The results above came from the mice feeding HFD, but it reported that EGCG decreased the abundance of Akkermansia when EGCG was supplemented to the normal diet (Remely et al., 2017). Therefore, it’s reasonable to deduce that the effects of EGCG on gut microbiota and fatty acid metabolism vary under different diets, and the interaction of EGCG and gut microbiota other than EGCG itself take part in the regulation of fatty acid composition. In addition, EGCG markedly enriched the taxa Bacteroides and Allobaculum, which were involved in regulating the metabolism of lipids and aromatic amino acids (Li et al., 2019). Most interestingly, EGCG significantly elevated the relative abundance of Akkermansia muciniphila, which was inversely associated with several pathologies, and administration of Akkermansia muciniphila could prevent the harmful effects of HFD in mice (Cani and de Vos, 2017, Derrien et al., 2017). Recently, Akkermansia muciniphila is considered as a promising next-generation probiotic or novel food supplements with beneficial effects (Ulrika et al., 2012). Although the enrichment of Akkermansia muciniphila was observed for accounting for the metabolic beneficial effects of EGCG (Amandine et al., 2013, Leyton, 1987, Sheng et al., 2018). The regulatory effects of Akkermansia muciniphila on host lipid metabolism, particularly for long chain fatty acid metabolism, still needs to be further explored.

Perry Staltic

Yes. I began with L. Reuteri ATCC 6475 which has a tonne of research behind it. The only problem is, the company Biogaia use only fractional quantities (200M CFU). After a while, the positive effects on my mood seemed to diminish, so I switched to Yamamoto Research L. Reuteri PBS072.

Commentors for a yogurt maker I bought said they are using reuteri, so I suppose you could pretty much grow your own with each batch.

Borz

Forum Supporter
@Hans could you explain why you decided to delete this article? changed your mind about Akkermansia?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans could you explain why you decided to delete this article? changed your mind about Akkermansia?
I removed all articles that weren't related to testosterone to make my website more niche, but I now realize that was unnecessary.

Charger

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals