The Dope On Blocking Fatty Acid Oxidation

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
One thing I have learned overtime with health stuff is to think not in function and logic, but in risk/reward.

Too great a risk as in, if you do it, the chances you will gain weight to a significant degree overtime outweigh the theoretical benefits. But happy to be wrong and jump on board if people try it and get results.

Haidut posted some studies on stearic acid and losing weight and we all jumped on the cocoa butter train and it basically didn't do much, or in my case raised my A1C by 1.5 points. I am trying to remember some things I read about Stearic acid recently that were not favorable and I am drawing a blank sorry
Yes I totally understand what you're saying. I guess some people that are eager to experiment can and then there will be anecdotal evidence if it worked or not for the others to consider if they want to try it as well.

What kind of stearic acid did you use?

Tarmander

Yes I totally understand what you're saying. I guess some people that are eager to experiment can and then there will be anecdotal evidence if it worked or not for the others to consider if they want to try it as well.

What kind of stearic acid did you use?
I tried https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050LKJ6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but it raised my blood sugar too much and made blood sugar control terrible.

Switched to cocoa butter and felt better on that. Also got brain benefits on that but like I said it spiked A1C

it sure irritated my gut.

I have to agree with @Tarmander in risk/reward thinking. Often that there are many risks to trying stuff here and for me, for example, irritable colon was the result and took a month to settle down. I was eating white chocolate. Strangely enough I'd eaten it in the past without issues, but I think I was eating too much this time.

It's all too easy to tank your good health, or what good health you have.

I've felt that Pyrocet is very positive for me though.

tankasnowgod

Often that there are many risks to trying stuff here and for me, for example, irritable colon was the result and took a month to settle down. I was eating white chocolate. Strangely enough I'd eaten it in the past without issues, but I think I was eating too much this time.

For what it's worth, I've been using the supplemental Stearic Acid, and haven't noticed any gut irritation issues. I've taken it as a straight spoonful, or cooked into food, although always with a meal.

Tarmander

Did you dissolve it before consumption? Did it irritate your gut?
no didn't irritate my gut. The cocoa butter I just popped in my mouth and it dissolved. I think with stearic acid I melted it but I can't remember. I do remember really loving popping some cocoa butter into my mouth.

SQu

Brad at FireInABottle also seemed to have success with Stearic Acid, although he was absolutely drenching any starch he ate with Stearic Acid and other highly saturated fats. Maybe what worked for him was essentially turning starches into antibiotics for the colon, similar to what Haidut suggested in mixing Coconut Oil with Activated Charcoal.
I should update. Unless I can stack something with other things I'm taking, I don't usually keep on with it because the day is too short. Stearic acid was one such thing. It's not convenient to have it solidify in still hot coffee, or to swallow spoonfuls of powder. I went on quite a journey of skincare which was all about incorporating stearic acid, and the conclusion there after 18 months is it's too high a melting point to incorporate much into a lotion or cream for example (like 6% at most). It will be like rock to use much more than that. It does have potential in a balm, which I am working on right now. I still love it, but that's where I am. If cocoa butter was not so insanely expensive I'd make my own white chocolate. My brother in law who I introduced to this, is taking I think several tablespoons a day and it works like thyroid for him. And he has health issues like many on this forum, lifelong, really big ones. So it's not that it doesn't work - it's how to incorporate it into your routine. I will probably have another bash. So many Peaty things work the second or third or fourth time you try them.

Vinny

Didn't achieve any fat loss on stearic acid (in the form of white chocolate, cocoa butter and pure SA) was keep gaining weight, so discontinued it.
Still got a bucket with cocoa butter in my cabinet but not planning to touch it in the near future.
The pure SA is horrible, it's like plastic, I really doubt one can brake it down unless having a superior digestion, which is a rare luxury among modern people.

Mito

Didn't achieve any fat loss on stearic acid (in the form of white chocolate, cocoa butter and pure SA) was keep gaining weight, so discontinued it.

Diet containing stearic acid increases food reward-related behaviors in mice compared with oleic acid

Abstract
Obesity is currently a worldwide phenomenon. The consumption of calorie-rich foods is responsible for most obesity cases, but not all humans exposed to high-calorie diets develop obesity. According to recent studies, exposure to fat-rich diets may be the actual cause of obesity. Dietary long-chain fatty acids affect brain function and are linked to food intake and motivation-related behaviors. Recently, many studies have shown that different types of fatty acids play different roles in animals. In our study, the effects of stearic acid (a saturated fatty acid) and oleic acid (a monounsaturated fatty acid) in diets on hedonic feeding behaviors were investigated, and changes of feeding-related protein levels in the brain were detected to explore the possible mechanism underlying the effects of these fatty acids. As a result, mice fed a diet containing stearic acid, compared to a diet containing oleic acid, exhibited increased food intake, hedonic eating, and an operant response to sucrose and locomotor activity. Furthermore, stearic acid corresponded to a higher level of leptin in serum than oleic acid. In addition, the stearic acid treated group had lower protein levels of p-JAK2 and p-STAT3 in the VTA and a higher dopamine concentration in the NAc than the oleic acid-treated group. Meanwhile, the protein level of TH in the NAc was higher and the protein level of the DA transporter in the VTA was lower in the stearic acid-fed group than in the oleic acid-fed group. In conclusion, these findings indicated that a diet containing stearic acid can increase hedonic feeding behavior and affect mesolimbic dopamine system signals in mice. Moreover, the lowering of serum leptin and leptin signaling in the VTA may contribute to this effect.
Diet containing stearic acid increases food reward-related behaviors in mice compared with oleic acid - PubMed

Vinny

Diet containing stearic acid increases food reward-related behaviors in mice compared with oleic acid

Abstract
Obesity is currently a worldwide phenomenon. The consumption of calorie-rich foods is responsible for most obesity cases, but not all humans exposed to high-calorie diets develop obesity. According to recent studies, exposure to fat-rich diets may be the actual cause of obesity. Dietary long-chain fatty acids affect brain function and are linked to food intake and motivation-related behaviors. Recently, many studies have shown that different types of fatty acids play different roles in animals. In our study, the effects of stearic acid (a saturated fatty acid) and oleic acid (a monounsaturated fatty acid) in diets on hedonic feeding behaviors were investigated, and changes of feeding-related protein levels in the brain were detected to explore the possible mechanism underlying the effects of these fatty acids. As a result, mice fed a diet containing stearic acid, compared to a diet containing oleic acid, exhibited increased food intake, hedonic eating, and an operant response to sucrose and locomotor activity. Furthermore, stearic acid corresponded to a higher level of leptin in serum than oleic acid. In addition, the stearic acid treated group had lower protein levels of p-JAK2 and p-STAT3 in the VTA and a higher dopamine concentration in the NAc than the oleic acid-treated group. Meanwhile, the protein level of TH in the NAc was higher and the protein level of the DA transporter in the VTA was lower in the stearic acid-fed group than in the oleic acid-fed group. In conclusion, these findings indicated that a diet containing stearic acid can increase hedonic feeding behavior and affect mesolimbic dopamine system signals in mice. Moreover, the lowering of serum leptin and leptin signaling in the VTA may contribute to this effect.
Diet containing stearic acid increases food reward-related behaviors in mice compared with oleic acid - PubMed
Hasn`t ever crossed your mind the possibility that mice probably metabolize those fats in a slightly different way than humans do?

Cloudhands

I believe travis talked about using stearic acid by heating it and rubbing it all over body like lotion

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I believe travis talked about using stearic acid by heating it and rubbing it all over body like lotion
I don't think it's going to absorb fast enough before solidifying again. Maybe a very small percentage will absorb, but your skin is not nearly warm enough for it to stay liquid.

yerrag

@yerrag ”Unlike glucose, fructose is not an insulinsecretagogue, and can in fact lower circulating insulin.[5],”

I don't know that about fructose, so thanks for the FYI. But I guess what you're saying is that fruit juice, which is half glucose and half fructose, is better than taking something that is 100% glucose, right? And the reasoning is that fructose is not an insulin secretagogue. Is that correct?

If I inferred your meaning correctly, I'm still not sure that is enough for blood sugar not to spike up when drinking fruit juice, in your context. In drinking fruit juice, you're still assimilating sugar into your blood in a flash flood manner, which just causes blood sugar to spike up (even though half of the fruit juice is fructose). If blood sugar spikes up, insulin will spike up as well. Half of a lot is still a lot. Your experience says so, which is why your blood sugar crashes because of the insulin spike.

One thing you could try is to spread your intake of juice and bread over 4 hours. Instead of eating/drink them in one meal, spread it over 4 portions, taken 1 hour apart from each other. Then maybe your blood sugar and insulin won't spike, and your blood sugar won't crash.

Last edited:

Recoen

I don't know that about fructose, so thanks for the FYI. But I guess what you're saying is that fruit juice, which is half glucose and half fructose, is better than taking something that is 100% glucose, right? And the reasoning is that fructose is not an insulin secretagogue. Is that correct?

If I inferred your meaning correctly, I'm still not sure that is enough for blood sugar not to spike up when drinking fruit juice, in your context. In drinking fruit juice, you're still assimilating sugar into your blood in a flash flood manner, which just causes blood sugar to spike up (even though half of the fruit juice is fructose). If blood sugar spikes up, insulin will spike up as well. Half of a lot is still a lot. Your experience says so, which is why your blood sugar crashes because of the insulin spike.

One thing you could try is to spread your intake of juice and bread over 4 hours. Instead of eating/drink them in one meal, spread it over 4 portions, taken 1 hour apart from each other. Then maybe your blood sugar and insulin won't spike, and your blood sugar won't crash.
My blood sugar and insulin don’t spike, even after straight oj.

Recoen

What are the values?
Before fasted: 63
5min after 8oz OJ: 67
10min: 72
15min: 75
30min 77
1h: 72
3h: 69
So an increase of 14. I’ve tested others (sister in law, dad, husband, etc) and theirs will jump at least 30.

Last edited:

Ableton

What happens in the body when energy is produced from alcohol? Since you mention it in the article
Couple weeks ago I went camping with friends and we were drinking all day, while drastically cutting food of course.
I felt pretty great, even afterwards. My extremities were extremely warm, and my sleep very good, naturally

yerrag

Before fasted: 63
5min after 8oz OJ: 67
10min: 72
15min: 75
30min 77
1h: 72
3h: 69
So an increase of 14. I’ve tested others (sister in law, dad, husband, etc) and theirs will jump at least 30.
I can think of 2 possibilities-- the fructose was being absorbed very quickly by tissues, and glucose along with it. Or that the insulin spike occurred even before the 5 min mark, and caused blood sugar to quickly drop.

Did you say you have low insulin values as well? Or were you referring to blood sugar only?
My blood sugar and insulin don’t spike, even after straight oj.

Have you taken similar readings but on other carbs such as rice, oatmeal, or potatoes? It would be helpful to have those readings.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals