mantq

Hey everyone,
Upon doing some research on fatty acid oxidation (FAO) inhibiting drugs (like meldonium), I thought to myself, do these kind of drugs prevent us from losing fat? How would the body burn fat, if the fatty acid oxidation is inhibited? Or perhaps the drugs do not fully inhibit it? Can someone shed some light on this?
Thank you!

Jessie

I think this has been discussed thousands of times in different threads lol. But to give you the basic run down; no it won't prevent you from losing fat. There's several different mechanisms by which the body can burn fat.

Fat can be burned and subsequently used as heat inside adipocytes provided thyroid function is well. This also has the effect of "browning" your fat.

Additionally, a healthy liver will be able to glucuronidate fats over a long period of time, resulting in a decrease of bodyfat. For this to work efficiently, you need to control endotoxin buildup, which will impair the liver's function.

Finally, much of the skeletal system burns fat in a rested state anyways. A lot of the fat in the chylomicrons will end up going there (and other places, like the heart) and will be oxidized.

The main focus is to suppress excessive lipolysis. Dumping free fatty acids into the blood stream.

Beastmode

I think this has been discussed thousands of times in different threads lol. But to give you the basic run down; no it won't prevent you from losing fat. There's several different mechanisms by which the body can burn fat.

Fat can be burned and subsequently used as heat inside adipocytes provided thyroid function is well. This also has the effect of "browning" your fat.

Additionally, a healthy liver will be able to glucuronidate fats over a long period of time, resulting in a decrease of bodyfat. For this to work efficiently, you need to control endotoxin buildup, which will impair the liver's function.

Finally, much of the skeletal system burns fat in a rested state anyways. A lot of the fat in the chylomicrons will end up going there (and other places, like the heart) and will be oxidized.

The main focus is to suppress excessive lipolysis. Dumping free fatty acids into the blood stream.
Good summary!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals