Serotonin, The Fraudulent Anti-depressant

aguineapig

That is fascinating. SSRIs are the only psych meds that make me euphoric for 24-48 hours and then crazy irritable and furiously angry. Always had to stop them within 4-5 days as I could not stop clenching my teeth. For me and my depression, SSRIs are toxic.

That could be allopregnenolone. It can have a biphasic effect and everyone seems to react differently to it. Flooding the brain with Serotonin doesn't help matters when someone responds that way to the Allo, which is a recipe for a suicide attempt which is the unfortunate result when SSRI "therapy" goes poorly.

It's telling that SSRIs are associated with suicide while anti serotonergics are not--even used in susceptible demographics. Like people with anorexia nervosa being at something like a 40 fold increase risk of suicide, but cyproheptadine not only doesn't increase that risk, but has an anti depressant effect. Buspirone lowers Serotonin within hours, and despite being prescribed to millions with anxiety which again carries a higher risk of suicide, hasn't been shown to increase that risk. It's only the SSRIs. And perhaps benzos when misused because of the horrendous withdrawals.

Such a fascinating topic.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
The methylene blue has probably lowered DR serotonin (and mesolimbic dopamine) too much, which causes MR serotonin to be unopposed. The adamantane is most likely increasing dopamine in the mesolimbic area for you and that's why it's helping a lot, which is basically the opposite of the MB.
What does DR mean?
And MR?

golder

The methylene blue has probably lowered DR serotonin (and mesolimbic dopamine) too much, which causes MR serotonin to be unopposed. The adamantane is most likely increasing dopamine in the mesolimbic area for you and that's why it's helping a lot, which is basically the opposite of the MB.
Hans what dosage of MB do you think tips the balance and actually lowers seratonin too much? Appreciate you 💪