Your Red Light Therapy experience?

P

Peatness

Mine do this sometimes too, mostly not, but it has happened often enough to notice. I have no real answer, I just felt that the red light was stimulating the mitochondria and there might have been a cellular mineral deficiency, or something happening with the improved energy flux.
Thank you. I wondered if it might be related to calcium or vitamin d, too much rather than too little.

Dave_Fit

Thank you. I wondered if it might be related to calcium or vitamin d, too much rather than too little.
I have plenty of vit D3, and calcium but probably trend low on magnesium. Ironically my 2 year old had magnesium gummies, he doesn’t not like them, i occasionally eat one or two at 100 mg ea. I do magnesium salts in his bath now. Seems when I have one or two of his gummy’s I don’t have the twitch. I need to verify this. I will report back. BTW I’ve read magnesium baths are the best as we only absorb what we need, no idea ho to verify.

P

Peatness

Interesting. I take vitamin D and get plenty of calcium too so you may be right it could be low magnesium. Thanks, time to get back to doing magnesium salt soaks again.

opethfeldt

Red light is one of the ray peat things I don't respond well to. I've tried it on the thyroid and always feel more hypo after, regardless of food intake. I've varied the doses, too and I've just never been satisfied with how I feel. The sun is the way to go for me. Always feel good after sun exposure, even in the dead of winter.

Dave_Fit

Red light is one of the ray peat things I don't respond well to. I've tried it on the thyroid and always feel more hypo after, regardless of food intake. I've varied the doses, too and I've just never been satisfied with how I feel. The sun is the way to go for me. Always feel good after sun exposure, even in the dead of winter.
Makes sense. I only treat my shoulders and occasionally my knee. I've never treated Thyroid directly so have no idea what that would do. Seems like tissues like tendons and ligaments respond well as they tend to have lower circulation so up regulating electron transport in those tissues, particularly cytochrome C oxidase or complex IV really helps. It catalyzes the transfer of electrons from ferrocytochrome c to molecular oxygen, converting the oxygen to water. This happens to be what I am looking for as a treatment for my (what I call) joint pain. I have heard others say you need to have ample carbohydrates in your system, when using red light, I always do mine at night after a pint of Haagen Dazs so I've never experienced those issues.

P

Peatness

Magnesium seems to have resolved the muscle twitching when using red light

Dave_Fit

Magnesium seems to have resolved the muscle twitching when using red light
That’s awesome news! How’s the therapy working for you otherwise?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals