Guide To Red Light / Infrared Light Therapy?

Amazoniac

(see previous post)
Smooth.

Ray recommends:
An infrared, reflective, clear-glass bulb designed to run at 130 volts

Attempt to clarify the confusion:
Red Light Therapy, Lights, Supplemental Lighting

It's a nightmare to find things on a 30-page thread. Search on Google for things like:
"clear site:https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/red-light-therapy-lights-supplemental-lighting.9210"
or tint, recommend, interview, etc. And expand the results, otherwise only a few appear.

Last edited:

Queequeg

I found this interview with Dr. Hamblin from Harvard very interesting. Lots of good info from a researcher in the field. He recommends LED FWIW.

ddjd

Yup, i'm actually on a break from using it right now. I sent it back to him about a week after these posts for repair (the helmet was becoming warped because I was using a poor storage method), so I've been without it nearly 2 months.

I must preface with the fact that I began taking thyroid about 3 weeks before, and began taking methylene blue (which seems to work on the same mechanism as red light) about 3 weeks after, and I have noticed no hair loss as a result of stopping the red light treatment.

I must say, I think the quality of my hair did diminish a bit (after every session of LLLT, the thickness to touch improved dramatically) since I stopped using it, but the methylene blue seems to be helping some. Can't wait to use them together.
Updates on the methylene blue?

Mauritio

Hello everyone!
I got on old infrared light from my mum, but dont know which wave length it has. It says 240V and 150 W .
It says not use longer than 15 minutes if you are new. Does anybody know if this one could have some beneficial effects on my body ?
It looks like this
$_72.JPG

Also does anybody know which wave length spectrum it could fall into ?
Thank you!

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Hello everyone!
I got on old infrared light from my mum, but dont know which wave length it has. It says 240V and 150 W .
It says not use longer than 15 minutes if you are new. Does anybody know if this one could have some beneficial effects on my body ?
It looks like this
63829924_1.jpg

Also does anybody know which wave length spectrum it could fall into ?
Thank you!
google the name and maybe model number on the light. Im sure its good for you as it seems to be made for red light therapy

Mauritio

x-ray peat

I'm sorry its not exactly that picture , i just used it because it looks similar. I found a pic of the real lamp. I am going to replace it in the original post.
you should be able to google that name and the model number on the box. These lamps look like halogen heat lamps behind a red light filter. It should give out red light plus near and mid infra red. All are good for you

Mauritio

you should be able to google that name and the model number on the box. These lamps look like halogen heat lamps behind a red light filter. It should give out red light plus near and mid infra red. All are good for you
Yes, i tried to google the company and model, but my mom bought it around 2001 /2002 so there is a good chance that this company doesnt exist anymore and doesnt/didnt have a website. only found one person on ebay selling the same lamp. didnt get any new information there though.
Wow, red light, near and mid infra red . That sounds good. Thanks for the info!

Mauritio

s
Is this one easy to overdose? I thought it is not . But I used it for an hour today and feel like i did too much ..

TripleOG

s

Is this one easy to overdose? I thought it is not . But I used it for an hour today and feel like i did too much ..

At what distance?

Your bulb looks like every other red-filtered tungsten bulb. Treatment times for a 250W version from 2-3ft away is usually 10-15minutes. Longer for darker skin.

Mauritio

At what distance?

Your bulb looks like every other red-filtered tungsten bulb. Treatment times for a 250W version from 2-3ft away is usually 10-15minutes. Longer for darker skin.
Is the treatment time 10-15 minutes in total or per body part ?
I had like 1 inch away end even less when i did it on my head...

TripleOG

Is the treatment time 10-15 minutes in total or per body part ?
I had like 1 inch away end even less when i did it on my head...

Per body part.

You held the 150W bulb 1 inch from your head for an hour? :shock::extinguishflame

Mauritio

Per body part.

You held the 150W bulb 1 inch from your head for an hour? :shock::extinguishflame
NO, the head was just 10 minutes . Overall, all body parts together i probably did an hour yesterday.

Mauritio

1 inch away with a 150w sounds like is going to end badly. I've only seen the LED lasers recommended getting that close, sometimes even that is too close for them.
Im sorry i meant foot !! It was one foot away , at least 3 inches i would say. I am from europe so inches , pounds, feet it all seems to be overcomplicated to me...
i thought it MIGHT be okay since most of it generated as heat ?!
So 2-3 feet away would be enough ?

x-ray peat

I would think all of these rd lights/IR lights can be overdosed. When
Im sorry i meant foot !! It was one foot away , at least 3 inches i would say. I am from europe so inches , pounds, feet it all seems to be overcomplicated to me...
i thought it MIGHT be okay since most of it generated as heat ?!
So 2-3 feet away would be enough ?
what kind of symptoms are you feeling?

Mauritio

I would think all of these rd lights/IR lights can be overdosed. When

what kind of symptoms are you feeling?
I was super warm and sweating also felt a bit anxious ,racing thoughts with fast beating heart like an adrenaline rush. also didn't sleep very well...

x-ray peat

I was super warm and sweating also felt a bit anxious ,racing thoughts with fast beating heart like an adrenaline rush. also didn't sleep very well...
sounds like an overdose. Ill get a weird druggy sensation if I use it on my head for too long.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals