Guide To Red Light / Infrared Light Therapy?

orangedonkey

Are there any newbie guides on red light stuff? I don't get what to do or what to buy? Do you just switch out your regular lights with red lights and shine it on yourself as much as possible or do you do it for a certain amount of time each day? Danny Roddy made a vid but it doesn't really explain much.

CoolTweetPete

There's a good thread on it here.

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=6815&p=97268&hilit=LLLT#p97268

I've been using a 300 laser diode helmet 2-3x a week for about 5 months for hair regrowth and the results are phenomenal. I spoke with Roddy about it, and he mentioned he has a friend who's father had dementia, and one of these devices improved his condition and restored his hair (pigment as well) as an unintended consequence. Subjectively, I do feel a general burst of energy while I'm wearing the device.

This guy makes the one I use, http://www.overmachogrande.com/

OP
O

orangedonkey

So should I follow strongbads method and get these two? 660 for the skin and 850 for thyroid and deeper tissue? Is this the best method so far?

660nm Red LED: www.amazon.com/Wholesalers-Budding-Flowering-Fruiting-x1315RD/dp/B00M2FAFWE/ref=sr_1_57?ie=UTF8&qid=1432585798&sr=8-57&keywords=660nm+red+led+bulb

850nm infrared: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CMVision-IR200- ... 1c4e5858bb

Im just trying to find the best method, best lights to buy, most convenience. That helmet you posted looks kinda hard to make.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

As you can see in theis new Red Light/Infrared/LLLT forum, there are other lengthy threads with lots of detail and options.
Peat recommends strong clear incandescents (not red-tinted bulbs).

bluewren

Dan Wich said:
post 105699
orangedonkey said:
post 98792 Are there any newbie guides on red light stuff? I don't get what to do or what to buy?
On the what-to-buy side, some smug-looking guy made a guide:
http://www.toxinless.com/red-light
Dan Wich said:
post 105699
orangedonkey said:
post 98792 Are there any newbie guides on red light stuff? I don't get what to do or what to buy?
On the what-to-buy side, some smug-looking guy made a guide:
http://www.toxinless.com/red-light
GOLD! :D

Dizzryda

CoolTweetPete said:
post 98798 There's a good thread on it here.

https://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... LLT#p97268

I've been using a 300 laser diode helmet 2-3x a week for about 5 months for hair regrowth and the results are phenomenal. I spoke with Roddy about it, and he mentioned he has a friend who's father had dementia, and one of these devices improved his condition and restored his hair (pigment as well) as an unintended consequence. Subjectively, I do feel a general burst of energy while I'm wearing the device.

Did this guy actually make it for you? It looked like he only had DIY manuals.

CoolTweetPete

Dizzryda said:
post 107637
CoolTweetPete said:

Yes, he did. If you e-mail him, he constructs them as well. It's a fairly expensive endeavor, but I find it very helpful. Haidut and Roddy spoke on the most recent Generative Energy podcast about red light being similar to methylene blue in that it is capable of unbinding nitric oxide from cytochrome c oxidase.

Haidut also spoke of a pending patent using both methylene blue and red light in the treatment of melanoma. It seems they work synergistically.

Dizzryda

CoolTweetPete said:
post 107698
Dizzryda said:
post 107637
CoolTweetPete said:

https://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... LLT#p97268

Yes, he did. If you e-mail him, he constructs them as well. It's a fairly expensive endeavor, but I find it very helpful. Haidut and Roddy spoke on the most recent Generative Energy podcast about red light being similar to methylene blue in that it is capable of unbinding nitric oxide from cytochrome c oxidase.

Haidut also spoke of a pending patent using both methylene blue and red light in the treatment of melanoma. It seems they work synergistically.
Thanks, man. That sounds promising. After that last podcast I'm pretty anxious to try some red light.

Fletcher

CoolTweetPete said:
[post]

I've been using a 300 laser diode helmet 2-3x a week for about 5 months for hair regrowth and the results are phenomenal.
Do the effects wear off if you stop using it? Have you had a break from using it and did you notice any difference?

CoolTweetPete

Fletcher said:
post 107966
CoolTweetPete said:
[post]

I've been using a 300 laser diode helmet 2-3x a week for about 5 months for hair regrowth and the results are phenomenal.
Do the effects wear off if you stop using it? Have you had a break from using it and did you notice any difference?

Yup, i'm actually on a break from using it right now. I sent it back to him about a week after these posts for repair (the helmet was becoming warped because I was using a poor storage method), so I've been without it nearly 2 months.

I must preface with the fact that I began taking thyroid about 3 weeks before, and began taking methylene blue (which seems to work on the same mechanism as red light) about 3 weeks after, and I have noticed no hair loss as a result of stopping the red light treatment.

I must say, I think the quality of my hair did diminish a bit (after every session of LLLT, the thickness to touch improved dramatically) since I stopped using it, but the methylene blue seems to be helping some. Can't wait to use them together.

MikeG

What lights d everyone buy? Laser or led?
Does power dictate how long and frequent treatment should be?

Can anyone post link to what they bought and how they treated?

I've been hypo for years and cannot tolerate t meds.

Thanks everyone

papaya

my bathroom has a red/orange heater in the ceiling. would that count as red light therapy? if so, how long should i sit under it for?

tara

Does a 500w halogen work just as well as an incandescent?
My recollection from looking this up when I got 500 Watt halogen was that halogen doesn't have quite as good a spectrum as incandescent, but not terrible, better than nothing. I used it for a bit now and then one winter, and generally felt good for it when I did.

sladerunner69

My recollection from looking this up when I got 500 Watt halogen was that halogen doesn't have quite as good a spectrum as incandescent, but not terrible, better than nothing. I used it for a bit now and then one winter, and generally felt good for it when I did.

I see... maybe I oughta pick meself up a good ol incandessy wunna dese days then huh

sladerunner69

There's a good thread on it here.

This guy makes the one I use, OverMachoGrande.com - Build your own / Do-it-yourself Laser Helmet / Laser Comb / Laser Brush for Hair Loss!

I didnt buy his, but I used his free source blueprints! Bro, overmacho is the man, kid!

/the issue Ive had is my diodes keep falling apart. Seems like I need to sadder my diode wires every couple of months or so. Really quite a handful of work if youre committed....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals