Light Therapy

squanch

Since there's a lot of talk on here about red/blue light recently and it has been kind of overlooked in the past, I thought I should start a thread about it.
Just starting to read up on it and could use some input.

I assume the natural sunlight we can find during the summer is something we can use as an orientation. We could try to emulate it during the winter and when we are exposed to mainly artificial light.

Color temperature of the sun throughout the day:

-Sunrise: 2500k
-Morning: 4000k
-Noon: 5500k
-Evening: 4000k
-Sunset: 2500k

Now getting as much natural sunlight as possible, getting up at sunrise and going to bed at sunset would be the best i guess. Not always possible though unfortunately.

Things we can do to emulate it:
Installing f.lux on your computer.
Yellow colored glasses during the evening, every time you look into a computer screen for extended periods of time and on cloudy days. Orange/red colored glasses after sunset. (circadian rhythm seems to be mainly dependent on light hitting the retina)
High watt halogen/incandescent around sunrise and sunset.

What about UV light?
Would occasional tanning beds during the winter be beneficial? (ideally at noon I assume)
Maybe one of those UV-bulbs for reptile terrariums?

What's your experience with light therapy and circadian rhythm in general?
What would you consider an ideal light regimen?
Some reliable sources for that topic for people who are just starting to read up on it?

you

I use Redshift (f.lux is good too) on my computer and Twilight on my phone.

achillea

This lecture on light therapy is done by Dr Dietrich Klinghardt PhD MD who has been in practice for 40 years and is now world renowned. The thing about him is that he lectures and practices around the world so he is exposed to the science around the world and his friends are researchers all around the world. I know him personally and he is so respected in Germany that when he lectures there he fills up auditoriums for a month. Brilliant man.

paymanz

halogens are not as good as plain incandescent bulbs.

if you use UVB its good for vitamin d.probably you know it.UVA i dont know.in summer if you go outdoor a lot your skin starts to tan and that protects your inner body from blue light,red light pass through that.that tells me our body really doesnt like blue part of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals