Red/Infared Light VS Incandescent

cyclops

I have both and I'm a bit confused as to how long you'd want to use each.

I believe incandescent lights, like Bulbrite 250BR40H 250W, can be used all day as long as you want, and that would be beneficial. Is that right?

What about the infrared/red light combo light from red light man though: Red-Infrared Combo Light - Red Light Man

It seems you don't want to overdo this. How much should you use and where? Does it make a difference if you are also in conjunction with the incandescent lights?

biggirlkisss

Some say after a hour they can't handle just red led like 620nm or 660nm. I have used red led light 20 watt with no problems. It would be best to put them together the red led where the light of the incandescent is going. This would push down the blue from the incandescent.

Also interested in this question.

Particularly the overlap of utilizing both types. Currently in Winter with colder weather and less sun I am very much enjoying the high-watt infrared incandescents in my home for heat and brightness, but am also interested in some more targeted red LED device therapy. I wonder if I risk easily overdoing the U-shaped dose response curve utilizing the LEDs after a day of being under the Incandescent.

biggirlkisss

This is my view I am not that much of a fan of the single red leds 660nm or 630nm because of extra cost. I think a very warm led chip with as high cri is the way to go much cheaper per watt and you cover the full orange to red spectrum. I don't know of any studies comparing 630nm to 660nm at same wattage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals