NovoThor Red Light Therapy Bed

L

lollipop

Ok guys I am doing it, I am building my own bed so I can recover from my spinal cord injury. I just want to have a bed in my home that I can get in every morn. But I really need your help!

I am purchasing a tanning bed, then pulling out all the bulbs and replacing them with the bulbs that are in the novothor bed. But I really need help with

#1 tanning bed wattage type. #2 type led lights needed and how much and how to connect. #3 then where do I buy the led’s?

I have a very small amount of $ I can invest but I think it’s worth it! I have paid to get in the novothor beds before and it helped, but I would rather try and build it, I have friends that can help me do the electric, now I am just trying to find out what type lights and how to setup. If you can help I will be so grateful!

It’s been 7+ years in the wheelchair and I am almost out of it! I work hard daily to get better and I know this bed will help! Thanks for all the input already!

I have been filming my recovery the past 7 years. This is just another step along the way and I want to show and help others like myself get better and film the making of the bed, include this forum for helping me get there and show others that there is hope is rehabilitation! This is my video preview of a documentary i have planned to film, and with your help this bed will another feature.

I have gained so much knowledge from so many forums! Thanks for all your help in advance! Also my phone is two five two- 396- one 9 one three if anyone wanted to call and discuss! Any help is much appreciated! Thanks guys!

WoW! Amazing story and journey. I wish I knew the exact answer to help you.

BUT I know this has been discussed somewhere on this forum before: number of LED’s which LED’s etc. etc. to use in building your own bed. One guy talked about purchasing an old tanning bed. If you do a thorough search and read ALL threads on red light, I think you might find your answer :): If I didn’t have a busy work day I would try and find the thread. I KNOW it is here on the forum somewhere.

WoW! Amazing story and journey. I wish I knew the exact answer to help you.

BUT I know this has been discussed somewhere on this forum before: number of LED’s which LED’s etc. etc. to use in building your own bed. One guy talked about purchasing an old tanning bed. If you do a thorough search and read ALL threads on red light, I think you might find your answer :): If I didn’t have a busy work day I would try and find the thread. I KNOW it is here on the forum somewhere.

Ok thanks Lisa, I will start searching! Hopefully I can find what I need, I have a Lady with a Wolfe tanning bed she is willing to sell at reasonable price, just want to make sure I am not making any Spending mistakes and end up with
A bunch of junk and no more room to put it! Lol

Diokine

@Phillip Bryant

I've found the LED arrays used in something like the RedLightMan redlight device are the most economical way to package serious light power. I sourced some 100 watt arrays from Alibaba, they were about $16 each, and heatsink/fan combos were another $20 or so. The power supply was the biggest challenge for me, and I decided on a commercial industrial power supply from Meanwell. These are fantastic units, lowish EMF, and are very powerful. The 300 watt supply was around $80, and was worth every dollar. Heat management is a big concern, these lights put out a lot of power.

Here are some links to similar items

Alibaba link for LED array - select 100 watt and red

Heatsink/Optic combo

Meanwell power supplies from Sager

I wish you the best of luck, your message is very powerful :):

L

lollipop

@Phillip Bryant

I've found the LED arrays used in something like the RedLightMan redlight device are the most economical way to package serious light power. I sourced some 100 watt arrays from Alibaba, they were about $16 each, and heatsink/fan combos were another $20 or so. The power supply was the biggest challenge for me, and I decided on a commercial industrial power supply from Meanwell. These are fantastic units, lowish EMF, and are very powerful. The 300 watt supply was around $80, and was worth every dollar. Heat management is a big concern, these lights put out a lot of power.

Heatsink/Optic combo

Thank you @Diokine! Helpful info for him.

Yes thank you very much! I just can’t figure out how the Novothor works with so many lights? I count 1200 lights but can’t understand the science, infrared? Red light? Or both? Not sure how or where to get the lights, mostly everything is overseas. I just have to keep researching light and how it all works. I know it works on my body, that’s proven, now just need to go to science class and learn how to build!

@Phillip Bryant

Heatsink/Optic combo

Thanks! I am looking at the links you sent, do you think those lights are the lights that will rep or match the Novothor? They are very interesting. I wish I could understand their language!

Ok everyone! I have just purchased this tanning bed, having it delivered to my shop tonight. I have been talking to a few LED light manufactures in China. But I really need help with building this bed! I am not an electrician and I don't mind hiring one to help on the side, But I need to direct them and tell them what to do. Right now I am looking at this light group to add.

Red: 630nm x 1200 lights
Green 550nm x 1200 Lights
Red: 660nm x 1200 lights
NIR: 850nm x 1200 lights may even consider 940nm infrared

But thats as far as I can get, I have the bed coming, once I get bed I need to measure the bulbs and take them out, my thoughts are I will have to build frames to hold lights? Any help and ideas I would be so grateful to have! I believe this will help my body recover from my spinal cord injury. It has already proven to me that the light takes the nerve pain away! Any ideas and tips to build this bed, I am on this journey and I need to your help! thx guys! already thankful for the help already from the emails and phone calls, you guys are the best!

Thx!

Attachments

• 32621511_10156376359776263_2104159213373620224_n.jpg
    32621511_10156376359776263_2104159213373620224_n.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 32713293_10156376359771263_9057067553079164928_n.jpg
    32713293_10156376359771263_9057067553079164928_n.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 20

ddjd

@Phillip Bryant

Heatsink/Optic combo

I've been talking to a Chinese manufacturer and they can make the the whole device with 64 X 3w chips for 80 USD delivered. So no need to buy all the separate parts. Would this still have low EMF you think?

ddjd

Perhaps you could try using the other full body devices that are available such as the joovv light or the RedLightMan full body device. I don't know what your budget would be but these devices if used correctly should be able to mimic the benefits of the novothor. The only issue for you given your condition would be to get a whole body benefit but with a little ingenuity i am sure this is easily feasible. I would wager that it will be alot easier to make these devices into a form of a bed or as they are rather then to make your own novothor bed from scratch. The reason I never followed through on making my own version of the novothor is because I discovered these alternatives. I myself own a full body red light man device.

Remember the key points with regards to light therapy are penetration, power and energy density. If you do not have the right wavelengths there will not be sufficient penetration to treat more internal issues, equally if there is not enough power there will not be enough energy transmitted to have a biological effect.

The novothor bed uses the same wavelengths as the Joovv and the RedLightMan product in fact the red light man product (which also happens to be the cheapest) uses more wavelengths of light than either the novothor or the Joovv. They both have sufficient power, wavelength and energy density to penetrate deeply and there are many testimonials of their benefits.

Novorthor:

Red: 630nm x 1200
Red: 660nm x 1200
NIR: 850nm x 1200

Check out the links to the joovv and the redlightman product:

Redlight Man Full Body: https://redlightman.com/product/combo-bodylight/

620nm – 25% – Orange Red
670nm – 25% – Deep Red
760nm – 25% – Red-infrared
830nm – 25% – Near-Infrared

Joovv Combo full body: The Joovv™ Light

660nm - 50%
850nm - 50%

The joovv has an option for a device that covers a larger surface area as well as a stand that you can fit the device. They also have a set up where you can connect multiple devices and it imitates almost exactly what I imagine it would be like for a full body. However while it is significantly cheaper than the novothor, this set up is still quite expensive. You can get the same benefit from just one double panel if you simply re-position your body throughout the session. Professionals

360-degree_4007ac13-40e8-4627-bf6a-e1be9b3e8b4c_1020x700.png

A note on pricing. The redlight man fully body device costs 500 dollars but does not come with much in the way of set up. You have to buy something to hang it on the door etc.

The joovv device comes with cables, a pulley system and hooks or a stand you can purchase. However there is a big discrepancy in price the Full size combo panel costs 2695 and if you want to buy a stand to make it easier to use the cost is 795 dollars. The Joovv panel is significantly wider and slightly longer than the redlight man panel so to get the same effect you would have to order two RedLightMan devices. Also the Joovv company offers financing.

It is certainly not an easy choice comparing the two as they both have different strengths and weaknesses. For me the RedLightMan product is better because it covers a more full spectrum range of light but the Joovv has an easier set up and if you are willing to spend the money will require a lot less work on your part. Also the Joovv light is more similar to the novothor in terms of the wavelengths it offers.

If I were you I would correspond with joovv explain to them your situation, talk about the novothor even and ask them for help with regards to making the best choice for you, they were very helpful with me with any questions I had. I would also send a message to @RedLightMan here on the forums or email them or call them (there is a number on his website).

Good luck with everything. I hope this helps and you come back to the forums with any questions you might have and to update us on your progress.

Best.

P.S. be sure to check out what @charlie has linked below it is the same wavelenghts as the joovv but at a much much more affordable price.
Do you think there would be any benefit in getting all of these wavelengths together?

620nm
630nm
660nm
670nm
760nm
830nm
850nm

mr.mag

anyone familiar w/ this?
your thoughts?

Attachments

• FIT 915.pdf
    620.3 KB · Views: 18
  • FIT 915.pdf
    620.3 KB · Views: 10
Do you think there would be any benefit in getting all of these wavelengths together?

620nm
630nm
660nm
670nm
760nm
830nm
850nm
I wonder why these? is that too much? Can one light do the same as the other? what does the 830nm do to that the 850nm doesn't? I am curious to know all I can, not sure how to order bulbs, to make strips or to build it by lights?

Ok I got the lights out the bed, now its time to think LED and what will be the best mixture! We have 24 bulbs and are trying to figure out the LED mixture and wattage. I do want the Green LED in the bed for skin, that I have experienced and think it helps! but now to figure out the NM's for this bed to enhance and fix my recovery! Any ideas of suggestions please let mew know! Thx Everyone! I am also using professional cameras documenting this whole experience! You all are part of my search for the wisdom to use light to heal my body and beat the prescription word! I can't do it alone with a full time disability, full time daddy, full time job to pay the bills! lol This is my project in the shop and I don't know where its going but I am dreaming big and not giving up on this! Its too good for us to not have and use to recover, to stay healthy! Anybody have any wisdom to share I am open ears! Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_4525.JPG
    IMG_4525.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5100.JPG
    IMG_5100.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5101.JPG
    IMG_5101.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5102.JPG
    IMG_5102.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5103.JPG
    IMG_5103.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5107.JPG
    IMG_5107.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5108.JPG
    IMG_5108.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5114.JPG
    IMG_5114.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 11

ddjd

I wonder why these? is that too much? Can one light do the same as the other? what does the 830nm do to that the 850nm doesn't? I am curious to know all I can, not sure how to order bulbs, to make strips or to build it by lights?
Philip here's a really fantastic blog which covers a lot of those questions.

LED Light Therapy

K

KenL

This is for Phillip Bryant. I have read your posts about building a red light bed similar to the Novathor. I have a similar need to you and I would like to know if you succeeded and if it is as good as the Novathor/

Thanks
Ken