Red Light Therapy: The Top 10 Most Amazing Benefits

EndAllDisease

Hey everyone!
Just finished working 6 hours today and 4 hours yesterday on my latest article on red light therapy. I hope you enjoy reading it.

EndAllDisease-Top-10-amazing-benefits-of-red-light-therapy.png

Top 10 Amazing Benefits of Red Light Therapy:
Red Light Therapy: The Top 10 Most Amazing Benefits - Must Read!
Would love to hear your feedback on this one let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

bennyha

Great article! I just started using the handheld red light in the 600 mm from Redlightman about 3 weeks ago on my eyes, thyroid, and testicles, and the early results are promising. I've been dealing with chronic exhaustion for 7 years now along with ice cold feet and bad acne. So far, I seem to just feel a little better overall. I'm hoping that with consistent use over a long period of time, I'll start feeling better.

I sent your article to a number of family and friends because I've been encouraging them to learn more about this and try and apply it in there own life. Thanks for the great article!

L

lollipop

Comprehensive. One suggestion in the introductory paragraph, before Wound Healing title, I would explain a bit more for a beginner about red light, nanometer wave length, etc. a bit of science. It sort of indirectly happens in science research articles you refer to, but a person without any background might be benefited by a few sentence explanation.

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

Comprehensive. One suggestion in the introductory paragraph, before Wound Healing title, I would explain a bit more for a beginner about red light, nanometer wave length, etc. a bit of science. It sort of indirectly happens in science research articles you refer to, but a person without any background might be benefited by a few sentence explanation.

That's excellent I really appreciate your feedback.
When I first started writing the article I had two sections on what red light is and how it works and it just felt WAYYY too long and drawn out. I had the feeling that it would drive people away and make the 'top 10' title seem misleading because I wasn't delivering the top 10 right away.

Sounds like I need to find a happy medium here.

L

lollipop

That's excellent I really appreciate your feedback.
When I first started writing the article I had two sections on what red light is and how it works and it just felt WAYYY too long and drawn out. I had the feeling that it would drive people away and make the 'top 10' title seem misleading because I wasn't delivering the top 10 right away.

Sounds like I need to find a happy medium here.
:):

belcanto

Great article. So you recommend the infrared light device over the regular red light? I've been wanting to order a red light but I don't know which kind to get.

L

lollipop

Great article. So you recommend the infrared light device over the regular red light? I've been wanting to order a red light but I don't know which kind to get.
I would go with RedLight Man's devices. Quality. I would personally choose red light in the 630 to 680 nm range over infrared. I have seen the bulk of research done with red light. Others like both. Check the good threads on red light on this forum. TONS of good info :):

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I agree, i dont think people should use the infrared spectrum of light for healing, the visible spectrum is more effective and much safer, especially by the thyroid, face and head.

This is the best one i have found.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

Great start on the article, nice to see someone working on something important like that.

Tzheng2012

If your going to get any of thhe minis from redlightman its much more cost effective to get something like https://www.amazon.com/ABI-Booster-...&qid=1504480106&sr=1-1&keywords=abi+red+light . Its cheaper and more powerful than the ones he has. Available in 630 or 660. I have his box version myself but his minis are much overpriced for what they are.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
If your going to get any of thhe minis from redlightman its much more cost effective to get something like https://www.amazon.com/ABI-Booster-...&qid=1504480106&sr=1-1&keywords=abi+red+light . Its cheaper and more powerful than the ones he has. Available in 630 or 660. I have his box version myself but his minis are much overpriced for what they are.

Yes but the mini is twice as powerful and has three wavelengths instead of one, this is very important, the cost is well worth the health benefits.

Also people have complaints about that light on Amazon that it has a fan that makes noise, this will consumes power that should be used for the light output, there is no reason LED lights in that spectrum should be creating so much heat that it needs a fan.

Tzheng2012

No the mini is 200mw at 0cm. The ABI is 140mw at 10cm, or 160mw for the 24w version. The heat issue is obviously because its a stronger light, but amazon customers said its not enough heat to produce discomfort even when holding it in the hand.

As for multiple wavelengths, personally i think 610 is useless since if you look at the crytosome c absorption spectrum right below 610 it drops sharpley, and since leds have a +-20nm or so, a lot of it is not useful. And as i said, you can just get 2 bulbs, 630 and 660 for less than 1 combo bulb from RLM.

The minis are thhe only beef i have withh RLMs products because theyre just typical grow bulbs but he sells it for 100$ a pop.

Footscray

Great article and the possibilities do seem endless. But I am still trying to find out the optimal distance to use a device from the skin. I have the RLM's mini red light and I don't know whether to use it touching the skin ( arm, head, stomach etc) or a few inches away? I'd like to know your ideas. Thanks.

Tzheng2012

It should have came with a paper with instructions, at least my combo box light did.

Complete guide to light therapy dosing - Red Light Man Is supposed to be the "complete" dosage guide, but he didnt include the minis, even though in the comments he said he would.

From the comments ive found: the mini 670 is 40-50mW/cm2 at 30cm. 200mW/cm2 @0cm and 20mW/cm2 @60cm.

To calculate the time to apply its:

Time = Dose ÷ (Power density x 0.001)
Time in seconds, dose in J/cm² and power density in mW/cm²

RLM mentioned its better to keep the minis at least 5 cm away for the lights to converge. The rest of the factors depends what your trying to treat. If your going for arthritis or deep seated problems you would use a closer distance with around 100mw/cm2. If your going for skin deep issues then further distance at around 30-100mw/cm2

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
No the mini is 200mw at 0cm. The ABI is 140mw at 10cm, or 160mw for the 24w version. The heat issue is obviously because its a stronger light, but amazon customers said its not enough heat to produce discomfort even when holding it in the hand.

As for multiple wavelengths, personally i think 610 is useless since if you look at the crytosome c absorption spectrum right below 610 it drops sharpley, and since leds have a +-20nm or so, a lot of it is not useful. And as i said, you can just get 2 bulbs, 630 and 660 for less than 1 combo bulb from RLM.

The minis are thhe only beef i have withh RLMs products because theyre just typical grow bulbs but he sells it for 100$ a pop.

There is definitely room for improvements, but for now the mini is the only light in that size available with three wavelengths in one light, i hold it right against the skin over my thyroid 8-10 min, i cured years of hypothyroidism and was able to get completely off NDT with just using the red light device mini, i know it works, and its good for light gazing and on the testes.

Red Light Man is a good company, i had been experimenting with different lights for healing for over 30 years, they sell quality lights but they still have a lot to learn.

I have some ideas for new light designs, first they should all be in the 600 nm - 700 nm range, (no infrared) then we need more variety of shapes and sizes, a helpful one would be a nice curved shaped unit about 20” long by 8” wide that could cover most of the abdomen area including stomach, liver, spleen, pancreas, colon etc… This same curved light could be placed on ones back over the kidneys, adrenals and spine.

Another good size would be a kind of flat device, around 8” x 10” with handles on the side and also a stand that could fold down be used to place upright on a table, this way you could cover whole face, jaw, mouth, eyes, and forehead. Its better for light gazing to have the lights spread out like in the mini, the strong single focus of the bigger units is not best for light gazing.

I like shining the light in my open eyes, 3"-5" from nose for 3-8 min, this enhances brain and endocrine functioning via optic nerve, the mini is better for that then the stronger big lights until they come out with some better designs.

The shorter wavelengths also offer many positive biological effects, our cells like the orange wavelengths.

LED 590 nm photomodulation reduces UVA-induced metalloproteinase-1 expression via upregulation of antioxidant enzyme catalase.

Wagner83

I have some ideas for new light designs, first they should all be in the 600 nm - 700 nm range, (no infrared)

Why do you want to drop all infrared lights? Are you aware of potential dangers from infrared lights or things like infrared/jade heating pads?

BibleBeliever

That's a nice price.
So most here use red lights in the winter with lack of sunlight or same application of it year round? Does anyone here use light spectrums to increase vitamin d during the winter?

TubZy

I bought the $800 full body light, I have it hanging on the back of my door but haven't used it yet. I was also thinking of getting a mini for when I sit at the computer. The full body light is a pretty big lol but it is quality you can tell...I got it from red light man.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Why do you want to drop all infrared lights? Are you aware of potential dangers from infrared lights or things like infrared/jade heating pads?

I feel the longer wavelengths the infrared lights emit because of their higher absorption by water molecules may be over heating to brain, eyes, and other tissue, the lights we are discussing are very focused strong lights that you are holding very close to your body, the infrared wavelengths may have specific short term use for certain pathologies, but the farther you move along the electro magnetic spectrum; infrared then microwave and radio waves the less time you want to spend close to a concentrated source, the same for the other side of the visible light spectrum; extreme ultraviolet, soft x-rays, hard x-rays and gamma rays.

"The blue color of ordinary water is caused by its absorption of red light, possibly by its hydrogen bonds (Braun and Smirnov, 1993), but there haven't been many studies of the physical effects of red light on water itself. Since water absorbs much more strongly in the infrared wavelengths, there is a tendency to explain the benefits of sunlight by its infrared rays. Red and orange wavelengths penetrate tissue very effectively, because of their weaker absorption by water, allowing them to react with pigments in the cell, such as cytochrome oxidase, which is activated (or re-activated) by red light, increasing the production of ATP. This effect counteracts the toxic effects of ultraviolet light, but there are probably other mechanisms involved in the many beneficial effects of red light." -Ray Peat

Wagner83

I feel the longer wavelengths the infrared lights emit because of their higher absorption by water molecules may be over heating to brain, eyes, and other tissue, the lights we are discussing are very focused strong lights that you are holding very close to your body, the infrared wavelengths may have specific short term use for certain pathologies, but the farther you move along the electro magnetic spectrum; infrared then microwave and radio waves the less time you want to spend close to a concentrated source, the same for the other side of the visible light spectrum; extreme ultraviolet, soft x-rays, hard x-rays and gamma rays.

"The blue color of ordinary water is caused by its absorption of red light, possibly by its hydrogen bonds (Braun and Smirnov, 1993), but there haven't been many studies of the physical effects of red light on water itself. Since water absorbs much more strongly in the infrared wavelengths, there is a tendency to explain the benefits of sunlight by its infrared rays. Red and orange wavelengths penetrate tissue very effectively, because of their weaker absorption by water, allowing them to react with pigments in the cell, such as cytochrome oxidase, which is activated (or re-activated) by red light, increasing the production of ATP. This effect counteracts the toxic effects of ultraviolet light, but there are probably other mechanisms involved in the many beneficial effects of red light." -Ray Peat
THanks for the reply and quote. So overheating the tissues locally would be the only danger in your opinion?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals