Will Ceiling Infrared Light Work For Therapy

Elize

Greetings to all.

We have a ceiling infrared light in one of our bathrooms. Would I be able to do red light therapy using it and if so how long should I use it over thyroid and adrenal areas.

OR would a lamp that can be brought closer to the body be better. I read that the light should not be used on the head and my concern is with the ceiling light I may not be able to keep it away from my head. LOL I covered my head with a towel but am not sure if the red light penetrates through clothing etc.

I intend to make my own light therapy lamp should the ceiling light not be useful.

Thanks

Elize

whit

Greetings to all.

We have a ceiling infrared light in one of our bathrooms. Would I be able to do red light therapy using it and if so how long should I use it over thyroid and adrenal areas.

OR would a lamp that can be brought closer to the body be better. I read that the light should not be used on the head and my concern is with the ceiling light I may not be able to keep it away from my head. LOL I covered my head with a towel but am not sure if the red light penetrates through clothing etc.

I intend to make my own light therapy lamp should the ceiling light not be useful.

Thanks

Elize
Hey Elize,
I'm not sure where you read where its not good for the head. Its particularly calming on the shoulders and back of the neck.
As far as the distance is concerned 3ft is far enough for most according to my research.
One light however may not be enough depending on its wattage.
I must admit the image of the towel on the head must have been funny to walk in on.
Like a scene from Star Wars.
Cheers,
Whit

Sucrates

I wouldn't use anything on the thyroid unless you know the parameters and they're similar to parameters used in studies. Unless there's heat you're unlikely to do damage, but you're unlikely to get results also.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Hi Elize,

You should not use your bathroom ceiling light for healing, that light is designed with infrared spectrum of wavelengths to heat you up not heal your body, it would not be safe to use that light daily close to yourself, and its most likely a incandescent bulb that will generate extra thermal heat because of the high wattage needed to run it.

You want a light made form LED bulbs in the visible spectrum.

This is best light i have found for therapeutic benefits.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks sooo much for your help. Daniel.

Best regards

Elize