Red Light Therapy: The Top 10 Most Amazing Benefits

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
THanks for the reply and quote. So overheating the tissues locally would be the only danger in your opinion?

Yes that and i find the infrared spectrum makes me feel kind of uninspired, were as the visible wavelengths of orange and red have a very positive effect on consciousness, that implies quite a bit about its effects.

Also i found the visible wavelengths between 600 nm and 700 nm worked much better to improve my thyroid and endocrine functioning.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
That's a nice price.
So most here use red lights in the winter with lack of sunlight or same application of it year round? Does anyone here use light spectrums to increase vitamin d during the winter?

The lights used at home for vitamin D production are a ultraviolet (UV) lights, they work but also have negative effects, they have a strong concentration in the ultraviolet spectrum but with no other wavelengths.

The best would be to get sun exposure or take a good vitamin D supplement. Sunlight peaks in the visible spectrums and is about 1000 watts per square meter on earth, plus Sunlight is much safer then man made UV lights and gives other benefits as well.

This page has good info about vitamin D and Sunlight.

Vitamin D Council | How do I get the vitamin D my body needs?

The Red lights we are talking about here will not interact with your body to produce vitamin D, the Red Lights are used for increasing cellular energy and enhancing endocrine, glandular and organ functioning.

Here is a link for info on how Red Light improves thyroid functioning.

Light therapy improves hypothyroidism - Red Light Man

Tzheng2012

There are a lot of studies that have shown infrared to be more effective than red light for certain things though. For example one korean study on red light vs infrared vs combination for facial rejuvenation like collagen and wrinkles. The infrared performed twice as well as red, with the combo being the best, but only slightly better than infrared (i assume its just cause the longer treatment times since they used boh red and inrared). Another one off the top of my head is one study where they compared using multiple wavelengths together. One group had reds and infrareds, but no 830nm and one had reds and infrareds with 830nm. The one with the 830nm performed significantly better than the mixed wavelengths without.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
There are a lot of studies that have shown infrared to be more effective than red light for certain things though. For example one korean study on red light vs infrared vs combination for facial rejuvenation like collagen and wrinkles. The infrared performed twice as well as red, with the combo being the best, but only slightly better than infrared (i assume its just cause the longer treatment times since they used boh red and inrared). Another one off the top of my head is one study where they compared using multiple wavelengths together. One group had reds and infrareds, but no 830nm and one had reds and infrareds with 830nm. The one with the 830nm performed significantly better than the mixed wavelengths without.

Yes the infrared spectrums will have an effect, and for short term use in the studies will probably be fine, but for long term use over the thyroid and directly in the open eyes i feel it would not be safe to do and actually be less effective.

TubZy

Yes the infrared spectrums will have an effect, and for short term use in the studies will probably be fine, but for long term use over the thyroid and directly in the open eyes i feel it would not be safe to do and actually be less effective.

Isn't it fine if you use infrared over eyes if you close them? I have the full body light from red light man which is a mix of red light/infrared and it mentions that closing your eyes should be sufficient

johnsmith

Great article. I want a red light device that I could use to heal my brain. I received a decent concussion 8 months ago. Vielight has a helmet with a nasal device but its almost 2 grand. I know I got a lot of research to do, but if anyone has advice, much appreciated!!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Great article. I want a red light device that I could use to heal my brain. I received a decent concussion 8 months ago. Vielight has a helmet with a nasal device but its almost 2 grand. I know I got a lot of research to do, but if anyone has advice, much appreciated!!

My first advice is don't use infrared light spectrums on your head and face, this light is excellent and only cost $100.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

johnsmith

My first advice is don't use infrared light spectrums on your head and face, this light is excellent and only cost $100.

Thanks, yes I read you post something about that earlier. Im going to follow what you said about shining that device on the testicles, eyes, and thyroid. I even got the idea of shining it up my nose, or would that only be beneficial with near infrared rays?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Isn't it fine if you use infrared over eyes if you close them? I have the full body light from red light man which is a mix of red light/infrared and it mentions that closing your eyes should be sufficient

Hey bro, i have posted many time on my concerns about the infrared wavelengths, the light you have is a mix of four spectrums so its less concentrated then all infrared, I'm sure using it for a couple weeks at a time would be ok but probably not the best for long term every day use.

I really wish red light man would make that same big body light with the option of all visible wavelengths...

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thanks, yes I read you post something about that earlier. Im going to follow what you said about shining that device on the testicles, eyes, and thyroid. I even got the idea of shining it up my nose, or would that only be beneficial with near infrared rays?

They sell nasal light devices, i tried one for a while, it had a subtle effect but nothing as positive as the light i mentioned in the open eyes, the eyes are a much more direct rout for the light photons and associated electrochemical reactions to reach the brain via the optic nerve, enhancing hypothalamus and pituitary functioning.

TubZy

Hey bro, i have posted many time on my concerns about the infrared wavelengths, the light you have is a mix of four spectrums so its less concentrated then all infrared, I'm sure using it for a couple weeks at a time would be ok but probably not the best for long term every day use.

I really wish red light man would make that same big body light with the option of all visible wavelengths...

Thanks..I might try that mini you suggested above for all the time on my desk since I spend majority of time here..

T

tca300

There is definitely room for improvements, but for now the mini is the only light in that size available with three wavelengths in one light, i hold it right against the skin over my thyroid 8-10 min, i cured years of hypothyroidism and was able to get completely off NDT with just using the red light device mini, i know it works, and its good for light gazing and on the testes.

Red Light Man is a good company, i had been experimenting with different lights for healing for over 30 years, they sell quality lights but they still have a lot to learn.

I have some ideas for new light designs, first they should all be in the 600 nm - 700 nm range, (no infrared) then we need more variety of shapes and sizes, a helpful one would be a nice curved shaped unit about 20” long by 8” wide that could cover most of the abdomen area including stomach, liver, spleen, pancreas, colon etc… This same curved light could be placed on ones back over the kidneys, adrenals and spine.

Another good size would be a kind of flat device, around 8” x 10” with handles on the side and also a stand that could fold down be used to place upright on a table, this way you could cover whole face, jaw, mouth, eyes, and forehead. Its better for light gazing to have the lights spread out like in the mini, the strong single focus of the bigger units is not best for light gazing.

I like shining the light in my open eyes, 3"-5" from nose for 3-8 min, this enhances brain and endocrine functioning via optic nerve, the mini is better for that then the stronger big lights until they come out with some better designs.

The shorter wavelengths also offer many positive biological effects, our cells like the orange wavelengths.

LED 590 nm photomodulation reduces UVA-induced metalloproteinase-1 expression via upregulation of antioxidant enzyme catalase.
What would be the point of using a large red spectrum light over those organs when it wont even penetrate much past your skin? Isn't that a main draw for infrared? ( deeper penetration ) If I use the infrared mini over my heart for about 1 minute a few times per day it completely rids me of heart beat abnormalities, but visible red and orange spectrums have no such effect.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
What would be the point of using a large red spectrum light over those organs when it wont even penetrate much past your skin? Isn't that a main draw for infrared? ( deeper penetration ) If I use the infrared mini over my heart for about 1 minute a few times per day it completely rids me of heart beat abnormalities, but visible red and orange spectrums have no such effect.

What is going deeper, the shorter the wavelengths the more energy the photons have. I find the orange and red spectrums work quite well over the liver and abdomen areas, this is also partly because of its beneficial systemic effect.

"Although red blood cells have no mitochondria; blood platelets, white blood cells and other types of cells present in the blood do contain mitochondria."

Different wavelengths have very different effects, the longer infrared wavelengths are quickly absorb and dispersed by water molecules, the visible spectrum 600 nm - 700 nm has very positive effect on cellular functioning, it enhances mitochondrial respiration.

The benefits your noticing with the infrared light are probably because the of the increase in temperature of the fluid around the heart. I know you don't want to hear this but as i have presented many times i feel the infrared spectrums are not safe to use.

@Constatine posted a good article yesterday that compares the effects of viable red 670 nm to infrared 808 nm wavelengths.

The finding from this study was that although the infrared spectrum of 808 nm was shown to penetrate deeper then the visible 670 nm spectrum it did not work better and even caused problems on a cellular level that i have been concerned with regarding the use of infrared wavelengths.

“In the 670 nm wavelength group, serum T level was also significantly increased the testosterone levels at the same intensity of 360 J/cm /day. On histopathological examination, there were no definite changes in the 670 nm wavelength group. In the 808 nm wavelength group, there were such findings as an atrophy of the seminiferous tubules, disarrangement of sertoli cells, generation of giant multinucleated bodies and other deformities.”

“Our results showed that the LLLT using a 670-nm diode laser was effective in increasing serum T level without causing any visible histopathological side effects to the tissue. Thus the low level laser therapy may be an alternative treatment modality for conventional types of testosterone replacement therapy.”

http://www.alliedacademies.org/arti...elevatingserum-testosterone-level-in-rats.pdf

T

tca300

What is going deeper, the shorter the wavelengths the more energy the photons have. I find the orange and red spectrums work quite well over the liver and abdomen areas, this is also partly because of its beneficial systemic effect.

"Although red blood cells have no mitochondria; blood platelets, white blood cells and other types of cells present in the blood do contain mitochondria."

Different wavelengths have very different effects, the longer infrared wavelengths are quickly absorb and dispersed by water molecules, the visible spectrum 600 nm - 700 nm has very positive effect on cellular functioning, it enhances mitochondrial respiration.

The benefits your noticing with the infrared light are probably because the of the increase in temperature of the fluid around the heart. I know you don't want to hear this but as i have presented many times i feel the infrared spectrums are not safe to use.

@Constatine posted a good article yesterday that compares the effects of viable red 670 nm to infrared 808 nm wavelengths.

The finding from this study was that although the infrared spectrum of 808 nm was shown to penetrate deeper then the visible 670 nm spectrum it did not work better and even caused problems on a cellular level that i have been concerned with regarding the use of infrared wavelengths.

“In the 670 nm wavelength group, serum T level was also significantly increased the testosterone levels at the same intensity of 360 J/cm /day. On histopathological examination, there were no definite changes in the 670 nm wavelength group. In the 808 nm wavelength group, there were such findings as an atrophy of the seminiferous tubules, disarrangement of sertoli cells, generation of giant multinucleated bodies and other deformities.”

“Our results showed that the LLLT using a 670-nm diode laser was effective in increasing serum T level without causing any visible histopathological side effects to the tissue. Thus the low level laser therapy may be an alternative treatment modality for conventional types of testosterone replacement therapy.”

http://www.alliedacademies.org/arti...elevatingserum-testosterone-level-in-rats.pdf
Thank you very much for your reply! Im always interested in learning new things. I have lights of various spectrums and will stick to the red/orange now as a precaution. Thanks again!

BibleBeliever

If your going to get any of thhe minis from redlightman its much more cost effective to get something like https://www.amazon.com/ABI-Booster-...&qid=1504480106&sr=1-1&keywords=abi+red+light . Its cheaper and more powerful than the ones he has. Available in 630 or 660. I have his box version myself but his minis are much overpriced for what they are.
I ordered that one, but the shipping to Canada is useless. They apparently came to my home to deliver it once or twice, left no notice and shipped it back. At least I will be getting a refund. I contacted the seller, but he said its amazon I have to deal with.
Couldn't find anything similar sold to Canada. Do you happen to know of any?

raypeatclips

What are you doing with it?

Just having it pointed at me when I'm sat at my desk. Probably about 50cm away from me? Could be moved further if there are issues with that being close. Sometimes use 2-3 of the 250w bulbs but most of the time usually just the 1. Usually aimed at my topless torso but I duck my head down with eyes closed every so often to get it on my face/neck for a few seconds.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Just having it pointed at me when I'm sat at my desk. Probably about 50cm away from me? Could be moved further if there are issues with that being close. Sometimes use 2-3 of the 250w bulbs but most of the time usually just the 1. Usually aimed at my topless torso but I duck my head down with eyes closed every so often to get it on my face/neck for a few seconds.

Those bulbs emit mostly infrared wavelengths, better not to use that light, this light much better,

raypeatclips

Those bulbs emit mostly infrared wavelengths, better not to use that light, this light much better,

Thank you. I have the red light device mini and the infrared device mini as well. The incandescent bulbs make me feel fantastic however, after using them for a few minutes, and can bring me out of a rut within 15 minutes, or so. I feel much less from the red light devices. It would be a shame if they were causing me harm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals