Wife w/Terminal Cancer Commits Suicide, Videos Show Husband's Abuse

animalcule

There's a story trending now about a man named Allan Kassenoff and his wife, Catherine, who committed suicide after being diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. She had endured years of her husband's cruel tirades, as well as false allegations in courts, having her children taken away from her, having her reputation ruined, etc. Below is are some videos showing his abuse, and the posts she made before undergoing medically assisted suicide.

But some things just didn't sit right with me, watching the videos. Maybe it's because I've witnessed similar toxic dynamics between my parents before they divorced. My father also won in courts, because he knew the legal system and had more money. He harassed my mother legally for years. I'm not excusing this behavior. What happened will haunt his children forever. But it just doesn't sit right with me... the idea that this woman was simply a long suffering martyr and that his behavior came out of nowhere.

A few things:
- In the videos I've seen, he usually appears to be trying to get away from her, while she follows with her phone, insisting he fulfill a certain obligation. He seems disgusted by his wife, but also...strangely childish. He's not standing over her and threatening her physically. He's ... venting extreme frustration and disturbance by his wife. And trying to get away from her, not interact with her. Again, not excusing it, just ... trying to understand what was really happening with this dynamic. Maybe I sympathize with him, a little, because I know what it's like to feel trapped by duty and obligation and finances to someone who ... sometimes makes me feel like life is not worth living, someone who saps the energy from me whenever I'm near them.

There's always something behind this. He is deeply disgusted by her. Maybe she reminds him of aging and death. Or of life as an endless chore. Or makes him feel as though he's only a pawn in her life, but she doesn't respect him, and he can't complain about that bc that would be seen as being a bad husband/father, which is morally wrong, but inside his life is misery. Maybe he's just a superficial child who can't handle having family responsibilities. Maybe he's just supremely selfish and cruel. But maybe... this has been building for years, complete inability to communicate or empathize with the other, and he can feel nothing but disgust for her. He's thinking in the scope of his entire life, not just in terms of that day's stressors. He's dehumanized her and wants revenge, and uses the legal system to do so. But I just ... WHAT IS THIS? Why does it happen? What causes it? Because yea ... I almost empathize with him. And I empathize with the wife -- I'm not suggesting she did anything wrong, but ... I know how some people just do not SEE how their behavior is dehumanizing to someone, or just ... causes them to shut down and not want to interact with them. And when these people use the weight of duty and obligation to justify their words and their behavior... the other person is trapped. The anger turns inwards first, and then outward. And it spirals. Because now the angry, cruel, yelling person has to justify his rage, not only to himself, but also to the other party. Who will, of course, see him only as cruel and abusive. And the disgust and rage keeps burning, and every comment that reminds him of duty/obligation only stokes the flames.

- She had breast cancer 3 times. This could have been random. It could have been exacerbated by living in constant stress with a man who hated her. But it also immediately made me think there was an environmental component. Some toxin in their home. Which for her manifested as cancer. And maybe for him... manifested as psychological disturbance.

- Mold rage. Yes, I'm still obsessed with mold, and the psychological impacts it can have. I can recognize now, when I'm in a moldy environment, or an environment with a lot of allergens, I'm prone to feelings of rage. I'm highly irritable. Things that might otherwise never come to mind somehow lodge themselves there, and I perseverate on them with growing anger. A little issue I have with a person suddenly become an issue of supreme importance and rage. And then I leave the environment.... and I don't care. I noticed that when I was in my basement at night, I would start obsessing over personal disagreements, my mind would spin out wildly, resentments simmer to the top, scarily so. Now that I'm avoiding that area... I don't really get into that same frantic, rageful headspace.

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@therobbieharvey/video/7239750147268267306

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@therobbieharvey/video/7240063019391225131

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@therobbieharvey/video/7240453967728168234

View: https://twitter.com/foxiesonline/status/1664337074718121985

It's a sad and horrible story all around.

Just sharing some thoughts.

OP
A

animalcule

And just to be clear: The man was vindictive and used the court system to punish his wife. He could have just walked away and left them. He could have walked away and hired an intermediary to help with kids handoff if he wanted to share custody and didn't want to interact with his wife. Instead, he used hundreds of thousands of dollars to destroy his wife in the courts and take their kids away from her. I'm just excusing this. I'm just ... trying to understand what causes this toxic dynamic. I don't believe the "he's just evil" line. There's always a reason, there's always a trigger, there's always an explanation for the deterioration. And that's what I'm interested in. I'm not trying to absolve this man of his wrongdoings.

JamesGatz

Theres so many things off with this story (you can sense it too) you should question whether its even a real story

First of all, what kind of LAWYER sees his wife videotaping him everyday with her phone and decides to PUT HIMSELF ON FILM making him out to be a bad person (no guy is this dumb, especially not a lawyer)

She had breast cancer 3 times? Thats extremely rare, I have actually never heard of that until now

You can even sense yourself, what kind of guy would do this when theres so many other ways to approach the issue? It doesn't make sense, so you should be skeptical

Medically Assisted Suicide is extremely uncommon and there is a huge agenda to PROMOTE IT,

The destruction of the Family structure is ALSO HEAVILY PROMOTED, so stories with divorces, abusive husbands/wives, help convince the public that long-term relationships/family is not ideal

This "story" helps promote both of these disgusting agendas

Social media is run by you-know-who so you should be wary when a "viral story" promotes horrendous agendas

A lot of things off with this story, not saying its 100% fake, but theres a lot of things off

Sheik

All I know is I don't come to Ray Peat Forum to see things like this.

My read is the guy has rage problems, and an extreme vindictive streak, basically no moral categories other than "for me" and "against me", all being fair in love and war, moving mountains to avenge himself, "if Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold", manifesting a certain feeling of Fīat jūstitia ruat cælum, "let justice be done though the heavens fall" etc., a twisted perversion of true justice. I appreciate your thoughts OP.

OP
A

animalcule

All I know is I don't come to Ray Peat Forum to see things like this.
Then don't read it.

I posted it in "Society." I think it's an interesting look into psychological dysfunction that is not uncommon. And I think there's a bio reason behind it, partly.

OP
A

animalcule

My read is the guy has rage problems, and an extreme vindictive streak, basically no moral categories other than "for me" and "against me", all being fair in love and war, moving mountains to avenge himself, "if Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold", manifesting a certain feeling of Fīat jūstitia ruat cælum, "let justice be done though the heavens fall" etc., a twisted perversion of true justice. I appreciate your thoughts OP.
Thanks. He's definitely full of rage, but in a "beta" sort of way (don't like that word but not sure how else to describe it). Great references.

Jackson Chung

I survived similar horrific abuse at the hands of my ex wife. Luckily we didn't have children.

She lost her mother so I felt sorry for her as her father was an alcoholic so she had a bad past (never told me this until after marriage).

I tried to help her and give her a good life, big mistake.

In addition to working 40 hours a week, after I came home she would force me to do housework like washing dishes, cleaning, doing laundry by hand (yes by hand in the tub). I wasn't allowed to speak to my family unless she was there and she would control what I could and could not say. If I said the wrong thing, she would blow up on me and verbally (sometimes physically) abuse me sometiimes for hours on end. This occured at least once a week for the smallest things. If I said anything back, she would cry, run away, call her family (who would yell at me), one time I tried to defend myself and she tried to jump out of the car on the highway, she would threaten suicide and even sent me a few pics of her cutting herself. I was the only one with a good job in my family that i could not lose. Imagine if she called the cops, who would they believe? She was good at manipulation. Even to get cleared of the charges would have cost me over $20,000.

It got even worse during covid. She lied to me and said she wanted to get a computer science degree. During covid I would have to work full time, do housework/errands and do her schoolwork while she sat around. She never worked and cooked once a day, I survived on OJ and milk during those years. I didn't get more than 1 hour of free time most days and even then she wouldn't let me be alone (which as an intravert drove me crazy). Most days she would call her sister and in front of me they would speak trash about my family (your mother is dirty, your sister is stupid, your brother is retarded, etc...). I had to listen to it and shut my mouth. Even on the weekends when there was no work, she created work for me.

I tried to leave, but my culture did not allow this and considering she had 0 assets and did not work, I would have to pay. I stood to lose about $150-200k which is a lot considering I grew up not rich and I had to support my 2 parents and disabled brother.

I knew if I stayed I would die early and never see my family (slowly she cut me off more and more). I made a plan and executed it. I documented her abuse everyday and the last 6 months recorded every moment. I made my escape plan and fooled her. The divorce petition was over 170 pages of documented abuse backed up by daily logs, recordings and text messages. No one could fight that evidence. This is considered human trafficking and I was prepared to file charges if things didn't go my way, if I wasn't taken seriously I learned the law so I could represent myself in court and file a civil human trafficking complaint against her.

I was able to escape and with the evidence I had negotiate a settlement of only $15k for a divorce. However my family's reputation in the community was destroyed. No one believed she could do bad, despite hundreds of hours of evidence no one believed me or my family. My family says I brought them shame, but at least I am free now.

Luckily we did not fight it out in court. I knew the lawyers would take everything if this occured.

I thank Ray Peat everyday for his work on reducing stress. Because of this diet, I was able to endure horrific abuse for 3+ years of working 80+ hours a day and being shouted at and not being able to see my family. The last year was especially tough, I was working 40 hours a week, doing 40 hours a week of her work (housework, schoolwork), survived verbal and emotional abuse almost every other day, studied and planned my escape and helped my family construct a new home (it was COVID and I didn't mention the abuse so they thought everything was normal, but I did all of their paperowrk and planning for the new home). Its been over a year since I left and finally I am feeling better. I thank Ray's work for without it I think the average person would have been destroyed doing all of this by either being in jail or losing half of what they had. But even with Ray's diet, it took me a year to recover from the heavy stress.

The corrupt court system needs to be destroyed. But it serves its purpose, keep the common people fighting against each other so the rich get away with their crimes. I cannot believe such vile humans exist, but they do.

OP
A

animalcule

I survived similar horrific abuse at the hands of my ex wife. Luckily we didn't have children.

She lost her mother so I felt sorry for her as her father was an alcoholic so she had a bad past (never told me this until after marriage).

I tried to help her and give her a good life, big mistake.

In addition to working 40 hours a week, after I came home she would force me to do housework like washing dishes, cleaning, doing laundry by hand (yes by hand in the tub). I wasn't allowed to speak to my family unless she was there and she would control what I could and could not say. If I said the wrong thing, she would blow up on me and verbally (sometimes physically) abuse me sometiimes for hours on end. This occured at least once a week for the smallest things. If I said anything back, she would cry, run away, call her family (who would yell at me), one time I tried to defend myself and she tried to jump out of the car on the highway, she would threaten suicide and even sent me a few pics of her cutting herself. I was the only one with a good job in my family that i could not lose. Imagine if she called the cops, who would they believe? She was good at manipulation. Even to get cleared of the charges would have cost me over $20,000.

It got even worse during covid. She lied to me and said she wanted to get a computer science degree. During covid I would have to work full time, do housework/errands and do her schoolwork while she sat around. She never worked and cooked once a day, I survived on OJ and milk during those years. I didn't get more than 1 hour of free time most days and even then she wouldn't let me be alone (which as an intravert drove me crazy). Most days she would call her sister and in front of me they would speak trash about my family (your mother is dirty, your sister is stupid, your brother is retarded, etc...). I had to listen to it and shut my mouth. Even on the weekends when there was no work, she created work for me.

I tried to leave, but my culture did not allow this and considering she had 0 assets and did not work, I would have to pay. I stood to lose about $150-200k which is a lot considering I grew up not rich and I had to support my 2 parents and disabled brother.

I knew if I stayed I would die early and never see my family (slowly she cut me off more and more). I made a plan and executed it. I documented her abuse everyday and the last 6 months recorded every moment. I made my escape plan and fooled her. The divorce petition was over 170 pages of documented abuse backed up by daily logs, recordings and text messages. No one could fight that evidence. This is considered human trafficking and I was prepared to file charges if things didn't go my way, if I wasn't taken seriously I learned the law so I could represent myself in court and file a civil human trafficking complaint against her.

I was able to escape and with the evidence I had negotiate a settlement of only $15k for a divorce. However my family's reputation in the community was destroyed. No one believed she could do bad, despite hundreds of hours of evidence no one believed me or my family. My family says I brought them shame, but at least I am free now.

Luckily we did not fight it out in court. I knew the lawyers would take everything if this occured.

I thank Ray Peat everyday for his work on reducing stress. Because of this diet, I was able to endure horrific abuse for 3+ years of working 80+ hours a day and being shouted at and not being able to see my family. The last year was especially tough, I was working 40 hours a week, doing 40 hours a week of her work (housework, schoolwork), survived verbal and emotional abuse almost every other day, studied and planned my escape and helped my family construct a new home (it was COVID and I didn't mention the abuse so they thought everything was normal, but I did all of their paperowrk and planning for the new home). Its been over a year since I left and finally I am feeling better. I thank Ray's work for without it I think the average person would have been destroyed doing all of this by either being in jail or losing half of what they had. But even with Ray's diet, it took me a year to recover from the heavy stress.

The corrupt court system needs to be destroyed. But it serves its purpose, keep the common people fighting against each other so the rich get away with their crimes. I cannot believe such vile humans exist, but they do.
Well done leaving an abusive relationship.

Jackson Chung

I might add to this. I do not hate my ex, I truly wish her the best. I know she's had a bad past, I hope she learns that this behavior is unacceptable. I have no regrets and it only made me stronger. Not sure if Ray Peat helped me think this way, but in the past before Peat I know I would have been bitter about it for years. Now I wish her. the best and I hope she changees.

Regina

Theres so many things off with this story (you can sense it too) you should question whether its even a real story

First of all, what kind of LAWYER sees his wife videotaping him everyday with her phone and decides to PUT HIMSELF ON FILM making him out to be a bad person (no guy is this dumb, especially not a lawyer)

She had breast cancer 3 times? Thats extremely rare, I have actually never heard of that until now

You can even sense yourself, what kind of guy would do this when theres so many other ways to approach the issue? It doesn't make sense, so you should be skeptical

Medically Assisted Suicide is extremely uncommon and there is a huge agenda to PROMOTE IT,

The destruction of the Family structure is ALSO HEAVILY PROMOTED, so stories with divorces, abusive husbands/wives, help convince the public that long-term relationships/family is not ideal

This "story" helps promote both of these disgusting agendas

Social media is run by you-know-who so you should be wary when a "viral story" promotes horrendous agendas

A lot of things off with this story, not saying its 100% fake, but theres a lot of things off
Definitely has an odd feel.

That law firm he used is very high profile. It's come up in some of this cabal circles we've been researching since covid. It's just not ringing a bell which high profile case it was. Was it the Kolomoisky case? Like big deep mob stuff.....

Jackson Chung

There's a story trending now about a man named Allan Kassenoff and his wife, Catherine, who committed suicide after being diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. She had endured years of her husband's cruel tirades, as well as false allegations in courts, having her children taken away from her, having her reputation ruined, etc. Below is are some videos showing his abuse, and the posts she made before undergoing medically assisted suicide.

But some things just didn't sit right with me, watching the videos. Maybe it's because I've witnessed similar toxic dynamics between my parents before they divorced. My father also won in courts, because he knew the legal system and had more money. He harassed my mother legally for years. I'm not excusing this behavior. What happened will haunt his children forever. But it just doesn't sit right with me... the idea that this woman was simply a long suffering martyr and that his behavior came out of nowhere.

A few things:
- In the videos I've seen, he usually appears to be trying to get away from her, while she follows with her phone, insisting he fulfill a certain obligation. He seems disgusted by his wife, but also...strangely childish. He's not standing over her and threatening her physically. He's ... venting extreme frustration and disturbance by his wife. And trying to get away from her, not interact with her. Again, not excusing it, just ... trying to understand what was really happening with this dynamic. Maybe I sympathize with him, a little, because I know what it's like to feel trapped by duty and obligation and finances to someone who ... sometimes makes me feel like life is not worth living, someone who saps the energy from me whenever I'm near them.

There's always something behind this. He is deeply disgusted by her. Maybe she reminds him of aging and death. Or of life as an endless chore. Or makes him feel as though he's only a pawn in her life, but she doesn't respect him, and he can't complain about that bc that would be seen as being a bad husband/father, which is morally wrong, but inside his life is misery. Maybe he's just a superficial child who can't handle having family responsibilities. Maybe he's just supremely selfish and cruel. But maybe... this has been building for years, complete inability to communicate or empathize with the other, and he can feel nothing but disgust for her. He's thinking in the scope of his entire life, not just in terms of that day's stressors. He's dehumanized her and wants revenge, and uses the legal system to do so. But I just ... WHAT IS THIS? Why does it happen? What causes it? Because yea ... I almost empathize with him. And I empathize with the wife -- I'm not suggesting she did anything wrong, but ... I know how some people just do not SEE how their behavior is dehumanizing to someone, or just ... causes them to shut down and not want to interact with them. And when these people use the weight of duty and obligation to justify their words and their behavior... the other person is trapped. The anger turns inwards first, and then outward. And it spirals. Because now the angry, cruel, yelling person has to justify his rage, not only to himself, but also to the other party. Who will, of course, see him only as cruel and abusive. And the disgust and rage keeps burning, and every comment that reminds him of duty/obligation only stokes the flames.

- She had breast cancer 3 times. This could have been random. It could have been exacerbated by living in constant stress with a man who hated her. But it also immediately made me think there was an environmental component. Some toxin in their home. Which for her manifested as cancer. And maybe for him... manifested as psychological disturbance.

- Mold rage. Yes, I'm still obsessed with mold, and the psychological impacts it can have. I can recognize now, when I'm in a moldy environment, or an environment with a lot of allergens, I'm prone to feelings of rage. I'm highly irritable. Things that might otherwise never come to mind somehow lodge themselves there, and I perseverate on them with growing anger. A little issue I have with a person suddenly become an issue of supreme importance and rage. And then I leave the environment.... and I don't care. I noticed that when I was in my basement at night, I would start obsessing over personal disagreements, my mind would spin out wildly, resentments simmer to the top, scarily so. Now that I'm avoiding that area... I don't really get into that same frantic, rageful headspace.

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@therobbieharvey/video/7239750147268267306

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@therobbieharvey/video/7240063019391225131

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@therobbieharvey/video/7240453967728168234

View: https://twitter.com/foxiesonline/status/1664337074718121985

It's a sad and horrible story all around.

Just sharing some thoughts.

It seems this story is personal. for you. I saw the TikTok Videos and it seems some judges/court officials were corrupt?

I cannot imagine what those liittle girls are going through right now. But if you have some time, please find a list of all judges/court officials involved and what the state was. I recommend filing a formal complaint for judicial misconduct, you can also file a complaint against lawyers/other professionals (need to find the respective Professional Boards). I think its the least you can do?

I'm not a lawyer, but feel free to PM me for help if you want to go this route. I know there is already an investigation, but sometimes corrupt officials get away with this kind of stuff.

I could not live with myself if I did something like this. Even leaving my abusive ex I felt bad because I know her father was abusive and she needeed me, but her sibilings will take care of her and I had no choice.

I

i_nomad

you should question whether its even a real story
Yup. Pretty much any trending anything I have come to immediately assume is fake and then work from there. They rarely get elevated to “likely true”… because even if they are originally, they aren’t going to be presented as such.

I applaud OP for attempting to humanize and empathize everybody involved, but it’s all propaganda and nonsense. Especially for all of the stuff you mentioned being promoted.

Regina

Yup. Pretty much any trending anything I have come to immediately assume is fake and then work from there. They rarely get elevated to “likely true”… because even if they are originally, they aren’t going to be presented as such.

I applaud OP for attempting to humanize and empathize everybody involved, but it’s all propaganda and nonsense. Especially for all of the stuff you mentioned being promoted.
Agreed.
There was the silly Gabby Petito murder of the young couple on a roadtrip. The audience follows the lazer pointer like cats.
And surprise, we're supposed to conclude that the girl was annoying and sort of had it coming.

Depp-Heard similar psyop.

I

i_nomad

Agreed.
There was the silly Gabby Petito murder of the young couple on a roadtrip. The audience follows the lazer pointer like cats.
And surprise, we're supposed to conclude that the girl was annoying and sort of had it coming.

Exactly what came to mind.

OP
A

animalcule

It seems this story is personal. for you. I saw the TikTok Videos and it seems some judges/court officials were corrupt?

I cannot imagine what those liittle girls are going through right now. But if you have some time, please find a list of all judges/court officials involved and what the state was. I recommend filing a formal complaint for judicial misconduct, you can also file a complaint against lawyers/other professionals (need to find the respective Professional Boards). I think its the least you can do?

I'm not a lawyer, but feel free to PM me for help if you want to go this route. I know there is already an investigation, but sometimes corrupt officials get away with this kind of stuff.

I could not live with myself if I did something like this. Even leaving my abusive ex I felt bad because I know her father was abusive and she needeed me, but her sibilings will take care of her and I had no choice.
No, I have not been involved in a divorce, or anything like this as an adult. Just some experiences I had as a child remind me of these people.

OP
A

animalcule

Agreed.

Not every trending story is a psyop, especially not when the 'story' has documentation for events going back several years. And it wasn't trending in national media, it was just popping up in certain sections of twitter, typically battle-of-the-sexes type accounts.

While I don't know this couple in particular, I do know this dynamic. It's very real, very toxic. Personally, I think there was something off about their environment that led to 1) his intense rage and 2) her reoccurring breast cancer.

Just as it's not wise to take everything read about at face value, I don't think it's wise to assume that every store that pops up is a nefarious psyop.

Pretty much any trending anything I have come to immediately assume is fake and then work from there.
At the same time, if we assume just about everything happens all the time in any country of sufficient size, then it's also trivial to fabricate any narrative you want with real stories through filtering and omission. I think a good portion of "top-down" narrative construction actually works this way.
Think of farm teams: players (ideas) compete amongst themselves, and any rising stars (exploitable narratives) can be snatched up, repurposed, and redeployed as the organization sees fit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals