Please Help My Poor Suffering Little Sister! So Sadddd!

Xisca

Yes, take ritalin in consideration! How do we know what was the chain cascade in her body? DO NOT change her diet just to try! I quite agree with big lemon, except for trying pregnenolone or DHEA....
I also agree to look into the copper direction. The problem is that blood levels of copper and zinc are not useful alone, to know what is going on, and a hair test should be added because it can say something about the mineral ratios.
For lentils, I would use only the red ones because they come without shell, also split peas. And still soak and wash them well. For rice, I would go half whole... so that she feels still nourished.
It is always good to take care of liver. I guess you make salads: good to start a meal, with cider apple vinegar and olive oil. Bitter greens in the salad. For fruits now and in your climate, I guess you have apples and pears and quince! Make a compote every evening with cinnamon, it helps liver and guts and bile flow.
Do you know how is her liver?
Totally encourage her towards natural foods, but tell her that it is more about the processing and industrialisation, and that she can find good tastes with natural food as well, and that some plants also have their protection and that there are toxic things in nature too. Hey you all, respect that she has associated her former life with mac donald stuff, and respect that she wants to eat natural! It is a good key for her recovery, and she has to learn to listen to herself. She does it great, she has attraction to some foods that not all people like!

But really, due to what you said, learn about phytic acid and lectins. Soak and clear and wash many times only half whole rice. Rice cannot sprout anyway. Use legumes that are shell-free as I said. The problem is with flour. Really, grais can drain her of minerals. You can also test for gluten sensitivity. Can she eat dairy?

If she likes meat, it means she needs zinc, which is good. It also means her stomach makes sufficient acid, good. I do not like when people start to have problems with tolerating meat, bad sign. Cereals can depleat zinc as well as iron, throguh the phytic acid.

Xisca

We did take her to therapy but honestly she hated it. She says she hates talking to complete strangers, she utterly rejects it. I have taken her to appointments where she wants me to stay with her the whole time... and she resents the therapist and will block any attempts at rapport building or any therapeutic alliance - so I guess she is a tough cookie in that sense.
In SE you can stay too, but you need to be very stable and to not feel atracted into the vortex of trauma that will creates, and hopefully dissolve. I would advise you to make sessions first! You are not taken as a charge during sessions, you are empowered and educated. You can start also reading all that I wrote in this forum, just serach with SE and my user name...
One big bonus for SE is that you don't have to talk about stuff. I hate traditional talk therapy too, for the same reasons (talking to strangers, even if they're there to help), but with SE you can focus almost entirely on body sensations, which feels much better/safer to me.
Yes she will feel free, and yes we talk,, but not of the story, not of events! We talk about feelings at body level, and how to manage the stress, even only the stress of how she feels about her health! She will learn how to manage this and how to get rid of all heavy sensations that happen every day in life.
Well... I guess at one point or another you have to talk about stuff. Otherwise people would heal themselves just following TRE for some weeks or months and that is not the case at all.
No to the first guess. You talk, but not about the story, useless. You can think about it, feel the stress, the activation, and discharge it without the therapist knowing what it was! I do it, so I know it is like this. We can talk, but I have seen demos from teachers. And on purpose they worked on something with the person just thinking about what happened, and nobldy ever knew what is was, only the person doing the session.
Second, TRE is not as efficient as SE, because it is not personnalised. it is a first step but far from enough. The reason it is not enough is NOT because you do not speak, it is because it is the same for everybody, and cannot rreach the specificities!
It's possible, given her background, that she may feel like she needs to get better for your sake as much as for her own, which is going to get in the way.
Gosh, I forgot this one, and this was the case with my mother, as she was so sorry for me! So I could not tell her when I was feeling bad... I could see that she was bothered.

Xisca

And honestly, the soy isoflavones might be helpful for this girl if she has zero blood estrogen.
This you cannot know, because we do not know why she does not make any.

Makrosky

No to the first guess. You talk, but not about the story, useless. You can think about it, feel the stress, the activation, and discharge it without the therapist knowing what it was! I do it, so I know it is like this. We can talk, but I have seen demos from teachers. And on purpose they worked on something with the person just thinking about what happened, and nobldy ever knew what is was, only the person doing the session.
Second, TRE is not as efficient as SE, because it is not personnalised. it is a first step but far from enough. The reason it is not enough is NOT because you do not speak, it is because it is the same for everybody, and cannot rreach the specificities!
Interesting... makes kind of sense. What are the SE exercises ? Are they similar to TRE or more like ROLFing or like Bioenergetics (Lowen) therapy ?

Makrosky

For the record : I think pregnenolone seems a MUCH MORE safer option to try than DHEA.

Xisca

First, I came back to write because I thought that when there is a possibility of choice, I would choose a SE therapist that does cranio-sacral work. Especially when there is a trauma at physiological level. Or I would work also with this sort of therapy. It really helps the body to reorganise its life force, at a level we are too gross to interfere with our big tools! The body is a microscopic universe, and is all the time healing itself. Both SE and cranio-sacral do this. SE can also use touch, and better when the therapist is also a manual therapist!
Also, it is good for a girl who knows she has a physical problem, because our society says it is all "in the head", and it is not true. There is no shame inbeing overwhealmed by a trauma, especially when a drug has disrupted your inner balance. This is traumatic at minuscule level! And this has result at macroscopic level.
Interesting... makes kind of sense. What are the SE exercises ? Are they similar to TRE or more like ROLFing or like Bioenergetics (Lowen) therapy ?
Also some rolfers are trained in SE, Peter Levine is, and a bunch of the brazilian teachers too! But SE does not look like rolfing at all! It looks more like cranio-sacral when practised with hands on. The goal of the hands is to sustain the body inner strength at the right place. The person is not passive but expresses if the touch is too light or too strong, or ask to move a little bit etc.
There is a book from PL with a CD and some exercises, but is is hard to do those self feeling exercises alone, because your head will make your think of something else.
Now the difference with TRE, as SE can also make you shake! There is one way to induce shaking with TRE, but SE does not induce anything, because the release can be something else than shaking. Also, it will trigger the exact activation your body wants to get rid off and you will secifically release what is yours, and you will relate it with other levels of the brain, emotional AND cognitive. You might suddenly understand a past situation differently, and it all comes spontaneously. You are the mater of your healing, but the therapist helps you to sustain a very strong energy that was too strong for you to sustain when you where powerless... When you have taken a drug, of course your body was powerless! Not that much because it adapted and survived. Soemitmes the body just is still fighting or waiting for the ennemy to come back and does not relax, just in case... It has been said that you have to "finish your stories", but the truth is that it is useless to do it at the story level, because it is your nervous system that needs to finish it inside you. If you have a defensive movement still present in you, because it was interrupted, this will be what the therapist will make you finish, but in a very special way, usually very very slow, so that you do not "go away" and disconnect as you might have done before, so that you can finally shake off all the accumulation of tention. Then the body can reorganize at hormonal / endocrine level, and mineral levels too. (I would not even take pregnenolone without knowing exactly what it was going to do.)

denise

I was going to say basically what Xisca said--you can go a long way with SE without talking about the trauma itself. TRE, although it shares a lot of background, is quite different. It was developed to help people through a very recent shock trauma (like for victims of a hurricane), not to help process developmental trauma.

SE is not usually hands-on (although Somatic Practice is--I'm not as familiar with that). The focus is on building capacity for the nervous system (so that you feel safe to do the work at all--too many therapists just keep retraumatizing their patients because they don't make sure to create this safety) through exercises that experientially allow the body to know that it's safe right now. Once you have enough of a feeling of safety, you start tracking body sensations. So I might express that I feel tightness in my throat and it's difficult to breathe, or that I'm clenching my jaw. And I alternate between just noticing the sensations in my throat/jaw and, if things get too intense, focus on the things around me--I'll look at the table in front of me, or the tree out the window. I'll notice how my butt feels in the chair and how my feet feel on the floor. It's called titration, this shifting between noticing the intensity and then noticing more neutral things. If you can play with this for a while, big shifts can happen, all without having to talk about the issue itself. If you want to get a taste of how it works, check out this exercise here.

As I'm sure you've guessed, it's quite different from Rolfing. I've heard of Lowen therapy but don't know anything about it.

SE is by far the most profound and effective (yet gentle) therapy for trauma I've ever tried.

Xisca

That is so nice @denise to feel the work of SE through other words! Titrating is diluting what was too strong to be processed before, and you make the job in the present time, at a speed that was not the real one, and in a safe place with a safe person. But you are right it is not enough to know with your head you are safe, you need to put it in the body and feel the safety for real. This is called ressourcing. Feel the strength of the anchor in one part of your body while the other part of the body is processing what hurt there. And the therapist holds the field for you by being neutral, with a compassionate feeling but not falling into the pit.
That is why I said that a person assisting a session must have worked on herself before. A mother can be part of a session by being the best ressource at emotional level for a child.
I got a tremendous activation in my 1st day introductory course by just watching a video of a session. I was holding my activation (from the beginning, as if I knew what was going to happen) and did not know what was happening, until I burst into tears when the woman said "what is hapenning to my little brother, what does the doctor do to him?"
That was "just" me at 4 years old not knowing why my little new born brother had gone away... I asked my mother if he stayed at hospital from birth or had come back with her after birth, and if they had told me what happened to him. She just answered "He came back one week and then something was wrong and he went to hospital (a few months actually!). And no, we did not tell you anything because you were TOO YOUNG." !!!
SE reaches the memory you do not even remember.
Zoe, you have to feel good independently from what happens to your loved teenager!
What are the SE exercises ? Are they similar to TRE
No exercise, in general. It is felt sense though not only. Like (the ... are the answers of the client)
"you tell me you feel good right now, how do you know you feel good? what tells it to you in your body?" ... "and when you feel this nice warm feeling, what else do you notice?" ... "(reapeating like echo) : you feel you "can breathe better". Can you stay a little more with this sensation you "can breathe better"?" ... "what a big sigh!" ....laugh together... "ho great, you feel warmer and your feet are not cold any more" etc, stabilisation of the NS - 1st round or wave done, and then "So, you were telling me that you knew you were safe when you got your test results at hospital, can you remember what bothered you most before this? just before this, you do not have to go back more, and you do not have to tell me. Do you remember?" ... "When you tell me this, I can observe that (physical change in physiology), had you noticed it?" ... "I am here with you, this is just a memory, can you keep the contact with it, or is it too strong for you?" ... "Fine, just tell me if is it gets too strong. And while you feel this (here), do you still feel the strength you said you felt (there)?" ... "(Repeating words exactly again:) You can still feel it but it is not as strong. Take your time, would it help you if I put my hands there?" ... "An emotion? Take your time," ... "Any idea what this is?"

Then for example the person identify some shame, for what led to the traumatic situation and not having listened to the inner warning voice. This is going to be processed at both emotional and physiological feeling. Then maybe something else will come in the next wave, more about the physical damage. And then there will be a big adrenaline rush, because the person will feel strong enough to sustain it without being defeated. And there will be a fight response, with some muscles tightening, that will be released, thanks to the capacity to sustain it. And it might come with a very big emotion of anger against somebody.

You can make SE after a big illness, just to feel fully that you are alive, because sometimes the body does not fully knows it! Also when you are off a medicine, because the body does not know it will not come back. The body has adapted to a situation, why undo the job, and if the chemical comes back, then have to do it all again?

Last edited:

CLASH

I think the issue here is obviously digestive issues and malnutrition. The ritalin is definetly a component. The emotional components are also huge but more difficult to address in this thread.

I think the goal should be to provide nutrient and energy dense foods with the least toxins and digestive inhibitors, hence my recommendation. Soy and brown rice (even sprouted/ fermented) are not the easiest to digest. Maltose is still a polysaccharide. And brown rice still contains digestice inhibitors and indigestible components that are an issue to compromised GI system, even when fermented as the weston A price article will show. Also fermentation and cooking doesnt eliminate all goitrogens from soy from what I remember reading. Starch is difficult for people with digestive issues in my experience, perhaps later on it could be added. Beans and legumes should be off the table completely for now as should all vegetables. Both are indigestible non-cooked and the neccesary cooking to eliminate the anti-nutrients, lectins etc destroys the nutrients and they still have indigestible components. Thus, They are mostly indigestible, and irritating. They are not ideal. Let the animals, who are fit to digest them, filter the nutrients from them for us. The goal is to provide monosaccharides, saturated fatty acids, animal protein and all of the nutrients and let her YOUNG body manage its own balance. Drugs and hormones are not addressing the underlying issue. Why is her estrogen/ hormones low? Not, her hormones are low so replace them. Very reductionistic and may cause more issues. We don't know how the DHEA will convert. Playine with neurotransmitters is even worse. Especially when the balance is already askew with ritalin. The treatment is always first do no harm. That goes for the hormones and drugs and also the foods. I think most people will heal, even without optimal nutrition, if all the harm is stopped to begin with.
Also, fructose is not toxic to the liver. Theres no logical evidence that shows this, its a complete misnomer. It doesnt increase AGES, it doesnt cause fat depostion in normal doses and it doesnt damage the liver when eaten or deplete its energy, thats only with injections of fructose in the bloodstream at massive quantities never seen in nature. Endotoxin from sucrose ingestion is toxic tho, hence why i think monosaccharides preferably close to 1:1 ratio of glucose: fructose would be helpful as the case with honey or invert syrup (The bacteria are able to get to the sucrose if the sucrase enzyme is effected from inflammation in the intestine, quantities are too high saturating the enzyme, temperature is right, PH isnt right etc). These dont require any enzymes to breakdown at the brushborder they are sinply absorbed. Salt and amino acids enhance the sugar absorption, pottassium and minerals enhance utilization. Thus raw milk and honey together can be very helpful. Meat and butter can be very helpful. Fiber is irritating to an irritated GI tract and indigestible promoting bacterial fermentation. If you have a dysbiosis supporting this isnt a good idea. Thus supply the body and dont supply the infection.
Shellfish is more nutrient dense and has less mercury in the quantities typically eaten than fish in quantities typicall eaten. Also there is much less PUFA in quantities typically eaten. Eggs can be difficult to digest in people with inpaired digestion as they contain trypsin inhibitors and vitamin/ mineral binders. Egg yolks are better but can still cause issues hence why I didnt list them.

Stop the harm.
Support the body with nutrition and rest.
The girl is young and should be able to heal with the basics in my opinion. If not then seek other aspects but first try the basics.

denise

That is so nice Denise to feel the work of SE through other words!
Yes it is! I'm still relatively new to using it, but it's been so powerful that I'm already an evangelist. It really does feel like the missing piece to my health puzzle. I know some of my health issues started after a traumatic event, so I'm hopeful that once I can get my system to feel safer, some of my health issues will resolve on their own (or at least my other interventions will start working better).

Lucenzo01

The raw milk diet has done wonders for a lot of people. Read The Milk Diet for Curing Chronic Disease. Do the protocol to a T and she will regain health. If you can't find good quality milk, the orthomolecular approach could work if done right. Good luck.

encerent

Sounds like a really tough case. Your sister is very young though. Everything about her can still be changed for the better.

tara

I think the goal should be to provide nutrient and energy dense foods
+1

Have you tried running her average/typical day's diet through cronometer or similar? Ignore their calorie recommendations - they are about restriction, and that's not what your sister needs - just look at their estimates of what she is getting out of her food. If you are a fully grown adult, the odds are your sister currently needs more than you do.
A taste for offal is not strange - I remember developing a clike for liver pate as a teenager too - no doubt I needed it - it has a wealth of nutrition.
Many would find it hard to get adequate nutrition on the diet you describe, especially if needing extra to catch up because of serious energy deficiency.
It's hard for anyone out here on te newt to know exactly what will work for her - her own body is probably the best source of knowledge about this - but some ideas, to see what she has an appetite for and works for her. Allow her tastes and the responses of her body to guide inclusions of:
cheeses
milk
liver, in whatever form tastes good
gelatinous stews
shell fish, fish, preferably wild and preferably less oily when possible
potatoes, sweet potatoes, taro, yams, other roots and tubers
white rice if preferred
jaggery/panela/some refined sugar may be OK
honey
smoothies - with milk, fruit, cream etc
rice pudding
custard, creme brulee
chocolate
Unless there's a bad reaction or coeliac disease, some people find they do Ok with some bread - long-leavened or sour dough may be easier on the gut - white bread can have some advantages too. (Peat does not generally favour gluten and wheat, but has said long-leavening reduces the problem)

Her digestion may be struggling because the food she is eating is hard to digest - I'd favour allowing for easier digested food as part of her diet. Legumes, whole grains etc are hard going if the digestion is struggling. refined foods can make it much easier.
We have tried her on white rice, which she likes but she says she feels more nourished on brown, and that its more wholesome and nutritious to her where as white rice she feels like she hardly ate.
That may mean she didn't eat enough of it yet. If she is needing to eat more, feeling like she hardly ate may allow her to eat more, or sooner, right? I wouldn't be aiming to satiate her with the least possible amount of food at this stage.

I'm not expert, but I gather a little iodine is necessary, but easy to get too much by supplementing.

Can monitor body temps to get an idea of metabolism.

This is Gwyneth Olwyn, not Peat, and they don't concur on everything, but you and/or you sister may find something relevant/useful here about energy needs (I'm not saying there is or is not any eating disordered behaviour/thinking at play in this situation):
Patients and General Public
for instance:
I Need How Many Calories?!!
I found this eye-opening compared with what I'd been lead to believe as a young woman.

OP
Z

Zo-So

Thank you all to all who have taken the time out to offer what they feel will best help this little girl (young lady should I say). I appreciate all that you have offered and I am reading very carefully all the responses multiple times to make sure I have really understood and considered them well.

I would love to personally reply to all but to be more resourceful of time I will reply collectively, if you don't mind, so please pardon my less personal approach - but as you can imagine I have lots to read and research from all these wonderful responses so I am trying to be time-wise.

We are doing everything we can to avoid pharmaceuticals and trying to treat dietarily and emotionally, but we tolerate supplements and herbs etc. Its a hard choice to make as parents but this is what we feel is best. If we fail we may resort to the pill but this would be the absolute very last resort. We want menstruation to occur naturally we do not want to force or drag the body to have a period when it is not inclined to do so. Having said this we are looking into SE and are very grateful for everyones input in relation to this, thank you and God bless. In terms of doctors, natural or otherwise - there is not much anyone can do unless they are an expert in that particular area which is why the internet "CAN" sometimes be better as one is able to connect with very good expert advice on that particular area. We use our family doctor as just a means to get the diagnostics we wish. And she has had her full blood work done (incl endo) and her other hormones seemed to be low reletive to her having not a single drop on oestrogen in her blood. I wonder about saliva test if it would show the same.... anyway - her lack of period for two years is as good an indicator i suppose!

We have tried before, but I am grateful for the suggestion to go with some of the "whites" (potato, milk and rice) but I would prefer her on homemade organic sourdough bread over white store bought. We have for a while been on a break of beans and lentils but I will further implement this to occur. I will look into the raw milk diet , thank you!

I don't feed any of my children low-carb. They are children who need to support growth. I myself do ketogenics but not my children. I have a condition that keto is a therapeutic treatments but my children do no and I do not believe limiting carbs for children.

I agree with the offal - but we are quite particular with what animal offal we feed her (it must be from a healthy organic animal - not a chemical factory animal) so when we have some spring babies old enough for slaughter I will give her all the innards till her hearts content (out of our whole family she is the only one to eat them!) and she eats it all (lungs, testicles, liver, kidney, brains, spleen, the lot!). Yes I do the rice puddings and I make natural chocolate things for her and there is ample honey there for her. She is okay with eggs and cheese. These are homeschooled children so their every single mouthful is home-cooked and non-processed, and they get good solid meals, not just a packed lunch like regular school kids in some parts of the world. I also have let her try the hunza protocol of loads of fresh fruit and healthy grains - But in hindsight she never sat quite well with the grains and legumes hence our natural deviation from them. Makes sense.

I am very curious as to the the zinc and copper deficiencies so I have taken note and I will look into these things thank you. She sleeps like a bear likes early nights and rises well and usually refreshed - though when she first came she would sleep 18 hours or more a day. and yes I am very interested in Lighting and sleeping. I believe there is lots that will help there. We have recently purchased a Himalayan salt lamp but I will look into the other lighting also. Many thanks and blessings for that!

We have never as a family eaten SAD, but we have tried it for her only as a cure (not ourselves). We thought something may trigger her to menstruate but she doesn't like that way eating. She is very insistent that she wants to eat real food and heal on real food.

In terms of the link about how many calories do I need. I read it and it struck some notes for myself particularly as I am quite thorough with that in my own eating... but I have seen that my girls eat around 3000 calories a day - thats without treats, with treats its much more and they seem to be ok but Im fine with increasing it and monitoring and seeing how they go.

I think candida, sibo, leaky gut and possibly parasites all go hand in hand and as one said - they are merely a symptom of poor immune.
I think with the fermenting beans and legumes out of the gut, we may be safe to proceed with some of the above mentioned white things.

My main instinct says to just get her to a good weight of around 50kg (110lbs) with a high body fat percentage, and the oestorgen will reside in her naturally in her fat cells and her body will say "we are now healthy enough to support reproduction" and she should menstruate - the though part is just getting this weight to stick to her if that makes any sense... She gains 3kg, and then looses, gains 2 then looses, gains 5 then looses... I dont know why? is her lack of hormones causing the wight to not stick?

Many thanks and God bless

SQu

My main instinct says to just get her to a good weight of around 50kg (110lbs)

That would be my instinct too. I just got pages of great advice like you did, for my own daughter, and it reminded me that the basics like enough nutritious calories, are often the main thing. I have been missing that point in my own family because I was losing confidence in my ability to help. But getting the basics right is - in an analogy that I have internalized but I am sure it came from this forum first - like treating the problem at the level of the trunk (if it was a tree) from where it can branch off into the thousands of leaves and twigs of the details of the rest. I got lost in the leaves and twigs. I'm now stepping back to the basics.

It is confusingly different to begin with. Sugar is good? Yes, but ideally as fruit, accompanied by sufficient potassium etc. White bread is better than brown? Yes, because it lacks the anti-nutrients that cancel out the nutrients and can leave you with a net deficit. Make your own from non fortified white flour, ferment it overnight to lower gluten. Coffee is good because of the caffeine and the minerals, but she may not be able to have much at the moment. Digestion is key, and she needs to build up from what she digests well and enjoys. A craving for offal is great. Liver is a true superfood.

Seeing as you already have put so much into an alternative path, you are really well placed to adjust to Peat ways if you want to. I did, and I can confirm that it's worth it. Especially for the hormones and thyroid.

Xisca

White bread is better than brown? Yes, because it lacks the anti-nutrients that cancel out the nutrients and can leave you with a net deficit. Coffee is good because of the caffeine and the minerals
Mind that the coffee is a seed with the same anti-nutrients!

If weigth is going up and down, I would test for gluten sensitivity. I was sensitive enough and with digestion speed issues to be fixed about it as soon as 1 week after starting a trial off gluten. But some people are not reacting the same or so fast.

For me, the life change for guts was also using Dr Clark products, the parasite cleanse. Then I could put on weight! Her 3 products are real good and well tolerated.
I might have missed it, how is she for digestion? I just remember she is off the candida problem. All yeasts are also linked to a copper zinc imbalance.

OP
Z

Zo-So

Her digestion can be very good, or at times poor. We know to seer clear of beans/legumes for this reason.
We have done some of Clarks protocols but it hasn't helped in weight gain.

We have tested for gluten sensitivity, and doctor said it was fine, but I know that one should take it easier on breads than not.

I think emotions disturb digestion,

tara

My main instinct says to just get her to a good weight of around 50kg (110lbs) with a high body fat percentage, and the oestorgen will reside in her naturally in her fat cells and her body will say "we are now healthy enough to support reproduction" and she should menstruate ...
That'd be my guess too.
... the though part is just getting this weight to stick to her if that makes any sense... She gains 3kg, and then looses, gains 2 then looses, gains 5 then looses... I dont know why? is her lack of hormones causing the wight to not stick?
Tricky.
Sounds like you've considered possible parasites stealing her food. Not sure if I got whether you have thrown something at them just to make sure?

Is she getting zinc in? Oysters are one of the richest food sources (maybe the richest?), if you have access to some and she'll eat them. I think zinc may be important for strong appetite? Red meat has some.
Even if it looks like she's eating a lot of food, maybe she needs even more for a while?

Have you/she had a go at monitoring body temps and resting heart rate? I'm not expert, but you can get some idea of how the metabolism's running from the numbers and the patterns over a few days - eg whether they rise or fall between waking and after breakfast, and what they are in the early afternoon, which is typically the high point for metabolism.

OP
Z

Zo-So

Is she getting zinc in? Oysters are one of the richest food

I'd love to get my hands on oysters but we are a few hours inland, and I think this will compromise the freshness and quality. We do red meat at least once a week. We do chicken once or twice, and the rest is fish (her pref).

I do increase her food periodically but I believe her emotions burn this up or prevent absorption. So it really comes back to having the correct thoughts so that the food benefits.

I do think it's worth monitoring her body temp. Good point.