My Lady Has BRUTAL Period Symptoms and Needs Help

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I found this quote from Ray Peat in his book From PMS to Menopause on page 89:
"To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking 10mg at a time, allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled."
I hope that is helpful information. :D

A

Adnada

For me the key is to learn and apply that knowledge to my own self experimentation. While our bodies may all work the same on a cellular level and have the same needs overall, our hormonal imbalances, organ strengths and weaknesses, etc, differ and, subsequently, our supplementation and dietary needs will differ. Therefor, only the individual can really solve his own unique health puzzle.

I have been "Peating" for 5.5 months, and have greatly alleviated PMS and menstrual symptoms. Besides eating a calcium/sodium/magnesium rich, low PUFA diet, here's some of what I do:
*daily carrot salad (helps both with estrogen and digestion issues)
*Progest-E (I have experimented with different doses and have used it both post ovulation and throughout my full cycle with varying positive effects) Here are some recommendations on dosing: https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites ... ctions.pdf
*Aspirin (650mg daily, occasionally more if I get any cyclical discomfort)
*Lots o' sugar (OJ and other fruit juices, white sugar, chocolate bars & ice cream!)

A

Adnada

From Ray's article Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient (http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml):

"Caffeine has remarkable parallels to thyroid and progesterone, and the use of coffee or tea can help to maintain their production, or compensate for their deficiency. Women spontaneously drink more coffee premenstrually, and since caffeine is known to increase the concentration of progesterone in the blood and in the brain, this is obviously a spontaneous and rational form of self-medication, though medical editors like to see things causally reversed, and blame the coffee drinking for the symptoms it is actually alleviating. Some women have noticed that the effect of a progesterone supplement is stronger when they take it with coffee. This is similar to the synergy between thyroid and progesterone, which is probably involved, since caffeine tends to locally activate thyroid secretion by a variety of mechanisms, increasing cyclic AMP and decreasing serotonin in thyroid cells, for example, and also by lowering the systemic stress mediators."

TeslaFan

When my girlfriend has PMS related problems, she squeezes Progest-E under her tongue, and it helps a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals