What makes a woman fat?

shanny

Forum Supporter
How is your friend doing? Any better? I just saw this thread today. Such a shame that people automatically accuse her of overeating. I would agree with the one post about the toxicity of our environment with non-native EMF's, 5G and just the general stress of everything that's been going on. I think we underestimate the burden we've all had to endure through much of this. ESPECIALLY if you're a non-vaxxer/person who sees what's actually going on with all of this.....I feel like I'm way more stressed than people around me that believe in the narrative.

Interested to hear if the thyroid helped her!!

Birdie

I want a quick fix
And thyroid organs aren't readily available anymore. They used to be but organs are regulated now. Where I live you can't even get a whole chicken.

Waynish

This thread is serious and fake illnesses discussion won't be tolerated.
Haha nice.
Fatness in both males and females is caused by the same stressors. Females often eat less and have worse livers, though. So less nutrition and fuel for the metabolism. I would work on that, get her walking a lot more throughout the day, deal with whatever personal stresses, see her response to a bit of NDT, cutting out grains and anything else making her more inflamed.

sunny

Have you taken temperatures and pulses rates as described by Broda Barnes (hypothyroidism, the unsuspected illness book) and Dr Peat? Sorry if it was already mentioned. If you become hypothyroid you absolutely can gain weight on the same amount of food. Estrogen may have become a problem.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

How is your friend doing? Any better? I just saw this thread today. Such a shame that people automatically accuse her of overeating. I would agree with the one post about the toxicity of our environment with non-native EMF's, 5G and just the general stress of everything that's been going on. I think we underestimate the burden we've all had to endure through much of this. ESPECIALLY if you're a non-vaxxer/person who sees what's actually going on with all of this.....I feel like I'm way more stressed than people around me that believe in the narrative.

Interested to hear if the thyroid helped her!!

I've been giving her 50mcg T3 / day and 100mg pregnenolone (both split in two doses) for a few weeks now, didn't make a single difference.
Next experiment will be augmentin and apple cider vinegar to attack both potential bacteria and yeast.

shanny

Forum Supporter
I've been giving her 50mcg T3 / day and 100mg pregnenolone (both split in two doses) for a few weeks now, didn't make a single difference.
Next experiment will be augmentin and apple cider vinegar to attack both potential bacteria and yeast.
Sounds like a good plan! Keep us in the loop.

DDRB

I have a similar person in my family, I don't lose weight even at 1000 calories a day.
It's probably hormonal, the majority of people like that I've seen also have poor body composition, how is your colleague?

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I have a similar person in my family, I don't lose weight even at 1000 calories a day.
It's probably hormonal, the majority of people like that I've seen also have poor body composition, how is your colleague?
99% chance the weight she's gained is water because of increased inflammation because of gut bacteria and candida.
Still pretty good shape in spite of the extra weight.

P

Peatness

I wonder if she was exposed to more radiation in the past year? Tissue damage can cause water retention and eventually fibrosis.

mostlylurking

99% chance the weight she's gained is water because of increased inflammation because of gut bacteria and candida.
Still pretty good shape in spite of the extra weight.
There's a tie-in between candida and thiamine problems. It's a little confusing because there's more than one perspective. Something about candida increasing acetylaldehyde which blocks/uses up thiamine vs. thiamine is used by candida. But both of these theories seem to point to the idea that candida would lower available thiamine, thereby causing a deficiency. Thiamine deficiency causes inflammation via blocking oxidative metabolism which results in lactic acidosis.

Personal story: My thiamine function was blocked by taking some Bactrim antibiotic summer of 2020. Even though my diet mainly consisted of 1% milk, gelatin, and oranges, I packed on 25 pounds in about 30 days because my oxidative metabolism was blocked so my inefficient body stored all the calories as fat while I felt like hell with no production of ATP.

I did manage to lose the weight after addressing the thiamine deficiency/functional blockage for about a year. However, the weight did not come off until I started taking a smallish dose (about 90mg) of niacinamide 4Xday. Then the weight came off pretty quickly even though I did not change what I was eating.

shanny

Forum Supporter
There's a tie-in between candida and thiamine problems. It's a little confusing because there's more than one perspective. Something about candida increasing acetylaldehyde which blocks/uses up thiamine vs. thiamine is used by candida. But both of these theories seem to point to the idea that candida would lower available thiamine, thereby causing a deficiency. Thiamine deficiency causes inflammation via blocking oxidative metabolism which results in lactic acidosis.

Personal story: My thiamine function was blocked by taking some Bactrim antibiotic summer of 2020. Even though my diet mainly consisted of 1% milk, gelatin, and oranges, I packed on 25 pounds in about 30 days because my oxidative metabolism was blocked so my inefficient body stored all the calories as fat while I felt like hell with no production of ATP.

I did manage to lose the weight after addressing the thiamine deficiency/functional blockage for about a year. However, the weight did not come off until I started taking a smallish dose (about 90mg) of niacinamide 4Xday. Then the weight came off pretty quickly even though I did not change what I was eating.

This is interesting, thanks for sharing. Explains why every time I take Niacinamide I feel so much better! I know Georgi has posted articles about it's anti fungal properties, so this makes sense. Did you supplement with zinc at all? I've heard mixed things about zinc and candida. Most people with candida end up zinc deficient, though. Any thoughts on that?

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I tried giving her Thorne's B-complex for 2 months, no change either.

mostlylurking

This is interesting, thanks for sharing. Explains why every time I take Niacinamide I feel so much better! I know Georgi has posted articles about it's anti fungal properties, so this makes sense. Did you supplement with zinc at all? I've heard mixed things about zinc and candida. Most people with candida end up zinc deficient, though. Any thoughts on that?
I just eat oysters for the trace minerals (including zinc). Too much zinc is problematic.

Here's a link to a compilation of Ray Peat quotes on niacinamide: Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

about zinc: The transparency of life: Cataracts as a model of age-related disease
"Several years ago, I saw what appeared to be oxidant-induced cataracts. Two women had a very sudden onset of cataracts, and I asked about their diet and supplements; it turned out that one of them had begun taking 500 mg of zinc daily a few months earlier, and the other had begun taking 600 mg of zinc and 250 mg of iron, on her doctor’s recommendation, just a couple of months before the cataracts appeared."

and this:

I had a problem with low copper a while back. I think just eating oysters once a week is the safest way to supplement trace minerals.

I think that candida problems are tied in with high estrogen. Taking progesterone and avoiding polyunsaturated fats (they're estrogenic) would be helpful.

mostlylurking

this one?
1654616973188.png

1654617008508.png

If yes, how many a day did she take? I like to use the pure vitamin powders like the ones sold on bulksupplements.com because they don't have any excipients.

The excipients (other ingredients) are problematic. Some of these things cause inflammation and worse.

View: https://youtu.be/78NLoF2lVEw?t=3061

Last edited:

Jessie

If it's not caloric surplus or hormonal imbalances I would check bacterial overgrowth next. There's been case reports of people actually losing weight from cycling antibiotics. Tetracycline is a good one, well tolerated by most people. Penicillin is fine provided there's no allergic response.

EDIT: People who are scared by antibiotic usage (there's quite a few that are) could potentially see comparable results with activated charcoal. But it can absorb nutrients out of your food, so I'd take it at night time right before bed, well after your last meal.

mostlylurking

If it's not caloric surplus or hormonal imbalances I would check bacterial overgrowth next. There's been case reports of people actually losing weight from cycling antibiotics. Tetracycline is a good one, well tolerated by most people. Penicillin is fine provided there's no allergic response.

EDIT: People who are scared by antibiotic usage (there's quite a few that are) could potentially see comparable results with activated charcoal. But it can absorb nutrients out of your food, so I'd take it at night time right before bed, well after your last meal.
Another option would be to consider why there might be bacterial overgrowth and address that.
"In the stomach, thiamine deficiency inhibits the release of hydrochloric acid from gastric cells and leads to hypochlorydria (low stomach acid). The rate of gastric motility and emptying also grinds down to a halt, producing delayed emptying, upper GI bloating, GERD/reflux and nausea. This also reduces one’s ability to digest proteins. Due to its low pH, gastric acid is also a potent antimicrobial agent against acid-sensitive microorganisms. Hypochlorydria is considered a key risk factor for the development of bacterial overgrowth."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals