Post pregnancy fat loss

aquila2009

Does anyone have any advice for a still nursing mom for fat loss? My wife has been trying to follow me in my journey to regain my metabolism but appears to be only gaining weight. She has all the symptoms of low thyroid function still… just keep at it and keep eating good foods? It’s difficult because she’s getting discouraged even when I try to convince her the weight it least important right now.

She was low on progesterone, identified during the first trimester. Thinking about giving supplementing it a shot. Any I’ll effects on milk production?

Beastmode

Does anyone have any advice for a still nursing mom for fat loss? My wife has been trying to follow me in my journey to regain my metabolism but appears to be only gaining weight. She has all the symptoms of low thyroid function still… just keep at it and keep eating good foods? It’s difficult because she’s getting discouraged even when I try to convince her the weight it least important right now.

She was low on progesterone, identified during the first trimester. Thinking about giving supplementing it a shot. Any I’ll effects on milk production?
I think emotional support is more important than trying to help her lose weight. Sometimes speaking to other mothers who've been through this, and have a stable head on their shoulders, can be helpful as well.

Keeping good quality food, and things like progesterone levels up (my wife took plenty and breastfed for 2.5 years) are good.

Ray Peat says calcium and vitamin D are necessary for proper thyroid function. This video, posted by -Luke- today, has some great insights for some better strategies for your wife.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals