What makes a woman fat?

Matestube

A very good female friend of mine has gotten increasingly fat over the last year.

What strikes me is that her food intake and exercise have both remained almost identical.
She doesn't have any added stess compared to before. She eats some bread and some starch, very little PUFA, some dairy, meat.
I told her to get some bloods done: all thyroid hormones are in check, e2 and progesterone in check.
She has basically gone from 50kg to 57kg. It looks mostly like water weight and inflammation, although I could be wrong.

She complains from fatigue, getting up in the morning has gotten increasingly difficult.
Her digestion has become very bad too, she is constantly bloated.

I had her try progesterone cream for 2 weeks, but it only made her slightly depressed with no clear change on her weight.
Gave her B vitamins for a few months, no change.

1) would it be worth having her try thyroid hormones eventhough bloodwork is in check?

2) would it be worth having her try antibiotics for her digestive issues?

tankasnowgod

A very good female friend of mine has gotten increasingly fat over the last year.

What strikes me is that her food intake and exercise have both remained almost identical.
She doesn't have any added stess compared to before. She eats some bread and some starch, very little PUFA, some dairy, meat.
I told her to get some bloods done: all thyroid hormones are in check, e2 and progesterone in check.
She has basically gone from 50kg to 57kg. It looks mostly like water weight and inflammation, although I could be wrong.

She complains from fatigue, getting up in the morning has gotten increasingly difficult.

I had her try progesterone cream for 2 weeks, but it only made her slightly depressed with no clear change on her weight.

1) would it be worth having her try thyroid hormones eventhough bloodwork is in check?

I assume by "in check," you mean within the normal lab ranges. The problem is that those lab ranges don't necessarily mean much, and are usually established from an average of the general public, without taking into account how healthy they are. You know the "normal" testosterone range for men is huge, from about 300-1100. Do you think a guy with "normal" testosterone at about 350 could benefit from some type of TRT? Thyroid lab ranges have the exact same issues.

That's one of the reasons that Dr. Peat has recommended morning temperature as a good metric to track. It's easy, too. If all the thyroid tests come back as "normal" but waking temperature is like 97 degrees, then hypothyroidism is likely, and thyroid supplementation would likely help. It's certainly a good idea to at least measure waking temps for a 3-5 days, also cheaper and easier than more blood work.

When it comes to weight gain, cortisol is also a likely factor. There are some threads on the forum about fat gain and obesity possibly being a form of low grade Cushings Disease.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I assume by "in check," you mean within the normal lab ranges. The problem is that those lab ranges don't necessarily mean much, and are usually established from an average of the general public, without taking into account how healthy they are. You know the "normal" testosterone range for men is huge, from about 300-1100. Do you think a guy with "normal" testosterone at about 350 could benefit from some type of TRT? Thyroid lab ranges have the exact same issues.

That's one of the reasons that Dr. Peat has recommended morning temperature as a good metric to track. It's easy, too. If all the thyroid tests come back as "normal" but waking temperature is like 97 degrees, then hypothyroidism is likely, and thyroid supplementation would likely help. It's certainly a good idea to at least measure waking temps for a 3-5 days, also cheaper and easier than more blood work.

When it comes to weight gain, cortisol is also a likely factor. There are some threads on the forum about fat gain and obesity possibly being a form of low grade Cushings Disease.
Yes, I'm well aware of how misguiding ranges can be and how low a trust we can have in them, as they are a direct reflexion of the absence of health of the general public. I fully agree with you on that.

I have extensive personal experience with male hormones of all sorts, but no experience at all with thyroid.
What to start with? T3? T4? Mix of both? What dosages?

L91

Is she very short? 57kg on the average height woman would not be very fat.

Giraffe

The issue here is she is fatTER than before, and not happy with it.
50 kg is underweight for most women. Maybe it was not sustainable in the long run.

Has your friend checked blood pressure and pulse?

Last edited:
P

Peatness

In the past year during lockdown our government has been busy furnishing our streets with 5g and LED lights, these must have an impact on metabolism. The quality of the food and water has been compromised even more than normal during this time. A food shortage is imminent; the extra weight might come in handy. Meanwhile, could she be magnesium/thiamine/vitamin d deficient? Stress can deplete nutrients.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

A food shortage is imminent
Because of the fake war in Ukraine and artificial food price increase that they want us to link to the "war" in Ukraine but that are actually dictated by traders in a room?

DonLore

This thread is serious and fake illnesses discussion won't be tolerated.
Maybe he/she meant the kind of situation normally called long covid, really meaning stress/infection triggered immune dysfunction and some chronic bacterial/lyme etc situation

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Maybe he/she meant the kind of situation normally called long covid, really meaning stress/infection triggered immune dysfunction and some chronic bacterial/lyme etc situation
To which Augmentin would be the cure then?

Ben.

Mhhhh either she is not completly honest ( or more likely, aware) that she has eaten more than usual or there is something in the environment (food, air or water) or body that is off.

Can you elaborate on her digestive issues? Have they been present when she was at a "ideal" weight aswell?

Peating4life

Check her foods for environmental toxins. MSG is hidden in a ton of products, even 'health' foods. Search for "MSG rat" to see the obesity connection.
Other names for MSG are; glutamic acid, hydrolyzed protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, hydrolyzed plant protein, autolyzed plant protein, textured protein, calcium caseinate, sodium caseinate, yeast food, yeast extract, yeast nutrient, autolyzed yeast, maltodextrins, hydrolyzed oat flour, and many more.

aniepodam

7kg in a year is ~150kcal more a day. It is very easy to overlook that amount of calories daily and i think it easily match the "almost identical" diet.

DonLore

7kg in a year is ~150kcal more a day. It is very easy to overlook that amount of calories daily and i think it easily match the "almost identical" diet.
But thats not how it works, isnt it. If a healthy person adds 150kcal from say, sugar, he/she will just burn more calories and not get any fat mass. Fat gain is always something other than just calories

psans

why do you think long covid is fake?

personally I consider it highly likely long covid is caused by the jab weakening the immune system and causes a reactivation of latent stealth infections.

are you absolutely certain that she is avoiding PUFAs like the plague ?
per Dr Michael Eades they are approximately 33% of all US calories these days?

id say do the dr wu protocol with flushing niacin, that he used to treat gulf war syndrome, ie detox

get the coconut oil way up, it can replace the pufas in cell membranes,is pro thyroid/pro metabolic, by replacing PUFAs sugar gets into mitochondria to be burned easier, VCO as an MCT absolutely can't be stored as fat, getting into ketosis improves willpower, and also Coconut oil is much better than antibiotics as it solves all main 3 problems with antibiotics

1 it only kills bad flora,and doesn't harm good flora
2 coconut oil is broad spectrum anti microbial, and doesn't just kill bacteria,but also kills vuruses,fungus,parasites as well
suppressing the microbiome with antibiotic's often leads to fungal infections
3 coconut oil can erode biofilms

do whatever you can to boost her metabolism

best books on obesity imo
obesity code
the fat switch
the hungry brain
the secret life of fat
the book about obesogens

Jerkboy

Hypothyroidism (on cellular level), SSRI's, birth control, etc. Then when they feel bad from bad body chemistry they get into eating ***t foods for comfort.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals