Please Help My Poor Suffering Little Sister! So Sadddd!

Xisca

Ho, and eggs are good on my stomach. I cook them sooo lightly! I put them in cold water and start to cook them, and I stop the heat before they boil, just with the big fizzing. And leave 3 mns. I do not mind if the white is not totally white, but the white part is much more tasty, I recommend for everybody, no more rubber texture of the white!

OP
Z

Zo-So

@Xisca Yes Lemon cooked liver - is what I meant by raw (we do lemon/chili/salt). Yes we are trying to increase the salads and ACV, she does forage for her own dandelion and I will tell her to keep it up. I have been giving her high carb easy to digest foods, but I am very skeptical as her breath has become a nasty - reminiscent of candida gut overgrowth and her tongue is white and furry. So this either tells me that the abundance of easily digested white things has fed her candida and started that up - or she isn't digesting her food - which is supposed to be white and the most readily digested.

Her diet is of late like this:
sweet rice dish with jaggery or white sugar in the morning with a good amount of butter or coconut oil
Sweet green tea and a pancakes for morning tea (white flour and white sugar Extra Virgin olive oil/butter)
Pasta dish for late lunch with extra virgin olive oil and a protein.
Some snacks for supper (as she needs a lighter gut for sleep as her digestion is better equipped the next day for digesting this way)

But even so, her breath smells off. Usually one's breath in our household smells worst upon waking (detox), but refreshed after eating and drinking water. Hers is noticeable from just under 2 feet away. I am concerned

StephanF

Forum Supporter
@StephanF _ very interesting. But she has slept in homes 300km apart and some of the symptoms persisted, and I have changed her room from east, to west, and south east and she has similar problems, even when she sleeps in the living area.
I will look into this though. So could something like a salt lamp actually cause bad dreams (as it promotes neg ions) or did I get that wrong?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Since you changed the location of her bed that often, I doubt that’s a problem. I have no opinion with regard to salt lamps. Someone gave me one as a gift, I never turned it on...

Regarding negative ions, I have thought about those, too. Actually, the positive potential of the screen connected to the 9V battery would attract negative ions.

In a salt lamp, a light shines through the salt and its reddish color stems from other substances in the salt, maybe iron? I don’t think that the salt lamp produces any ions. If it would, then it could only be due to photoelectrons from light hitting the salt crystals on the outer surface, where the emitted electrons would attach themselves to air molecules forming negative ions. It depends on the work function of the salt, how much energy is needed to ‘free’ an electron. However, if the salt is not conductive and not grounded, it would therefore become positively charged, up to the point that the photoelectric emission would come to a stop. That probably would happen very quickly and then there would be zero effect from that salt lamp. By the way, Einstein got his Nobel Price for explaining the photoelectric effect.

However, you could simply remove the lamp and see if your sister’s sleep improves. Who knows...

I really hope you find someone to help your sister. You are a wonderful, caring person.

Xisca

@Xisca Yes Lemon cooked liver - is what I meant by raw (we do lemon/chili/salt). Yes we are trying to increase the salads and ACV, she does forage for her own dandelion and I will tell her to keep it up. I have been giving her high carb easy to digest foods, but I am very skeptical as her breath has become a nasty - reminiscent of candida gut overgrowth and her tongue is white and furry. So this either tells me that the abundance of easily digested white things has fed her candida and started that up - or she isn't digesting her food - which is supposed to be white and the most readily digested.

sweet rice dish with jaggery or white sugar in the morning with a good amount of butter or coconut oil
Sweet green tea and a pancakes for morning tea (white flour and white sugar Extra Virgin olive oil/butter)
Some snacks for supper (as she needs a lighter gut for sleep as her digestion is better equipped the next day for digesting this way)

But even so, her breath smells off. Usually one's breath in our household smells worst upon waking (detox), but refreshed after eating and drinking water. Hers is noticeable from just under 2 feet away. I am concerned
A bitter salad is what I take for breakfast with orange juice and olive oil!
I hope you have listed only the "carb stuff" but keep the rest!
I think that her breath proves the trial is not what is needed. You need to eliminate the candida. I think when the traditional way of eating was mixing carbs with veggies in each mouthful, it was meant for hiding the carb and make the job of any bug more difficult! At the moment, you are making a monoculture and bugs thrive.
Also, have planned to give her enzymes?

vb2005

Starches are not easy to digest for someone with gut problems - especially grains, white sugar is disaccharide - so you need healthy intestinal villi to digest it - its not going to work for most people with candida - and white tongue proves it.
You have much better chances with low fodmap fruits like grapes - green grapes, oranges, mandarins etc and raw carrots because carrots have fructose not starch. Butter if not raw will feed candida - you need good stomach acid and working bile to digest it - this is questionable for ill people - they usually have low HCL and not working intestinal villi. If it is raw enzymes in it will digest it. Combining starches and protein - real disaster - this diet is not good at all. If you do some search online you will see most people have success with fruits diets - no sugar, no starches, no fats and oils. Regarding jiggery - it seems this is disaccharide - like white sugar.
Cooked proteins and fats are not good /coconut oil maybe exception / - typical candida diet never works for most people - the idea that proteins and fats don't feed candida and bacteria is completely wrong - if you eat butter and don't digest it - it will feed pathogens.
There is a theory that some starches are more easy to digest like - sushi rice and jasmine rice - unlike basmati rice which have more resistant starch. Jasmine rice have very high glycemic index like pure glucose which meant it is very easy to digest but I am not sure someone with damaged small intestine can digest it - it does not seems to work for me for example. I read a theory recently that acids in fruit kill pathogens in the gut and seeing so many success stories of people on 80\10\10 diet and fruitarian diets - the theory is maybe correct. The problem with fruits is fructose malabsorption - fruits that have more fructose that glucose like apples, pears, mangos and dries fruits.

vb2005

The whole idea that you can heal thyroid and cure the gut with carbs is total BS and the lack of much success stories on this forum proves it. The problem is in the gut not in the thyroid.
One can have low HCL or low pancreatic enzymes due to many deficiencies like - B1, zinc, magnesium, iodine, histidine - how eating more sugar will help - please someone to explain this here if he can.
Paleo is bad not because the lack of carbs but because
fatty meats, butter and eggs are not easy to digest and cause gut problems. But if paleo /cooked/ is not working this does not means that high starch diet will work also. Enzymes are everything so fruits and raw animal foods seems the best choice.

Xisca

Fat are not difficult to digest for everybody! I am trying with some success some raw animal food ATM, but if I increase fruits I run into problems, but this is me. If I keep raw minced beef in orange juice with a lot of raw veggies and some fruit all mixed, and greens with olive oil and eggs, and a lot lot lot of apple vinegar, I am really fine! The day I made too much apple juice, I crashed. No idea if I have fructose malaboorbtion, I don't think so, I have problems with high sugar and some insuline resistance and cortisol resistance, to give some background there....
But mostly @vb2005 I agree with you.

vb2005

Fat are not difficult to digest for everybody! I am trying with some success some raw animal food ATM, but if I increase fruits I run into problems, but this is me. If I keep raw minced beef in orange juice with a lot of raw veggies and some fruit all mixed, and greens with olive oil and eggs, and a lot lot lot of apple vinegar, I am really fine! The day I made too much apple juice, I crashed. No idea if I have fructose malaboorbtion, I don't think so, I have problems with high sugar and some insuline resistance and cortisol resistance, to give some background there....
But mostly @vb2005 I agree with you.

Xisca what do you mean by crashed? I read somewhere that people with fructose malabsorption when eat fructose it actually lowers their blood sugar - I watched a video on youtube where a guy with FM have confirms this.
I am very curious if what happened was high or low blood sugar. fans of low fat diets claim that combining fats and fruits causes high blood sugar - because of high fats in the blood - on the other side raw paleo people say that raw fats come with lipase and don't cause high fats in the blood. But it is possible that there is another factors that make combining or fats and sugars bad - maybe chromium deficiency or copper deficiency. I guess if you have glucose metter you can easy find out what is going on.

Xisca

I mean I have digestive issues with accelerated transit or bubbles, and fatigue for a few days. I have nothing to check my sugar, but on tests I have high sugar though still in the norm.
My problem is making lactic acid, so fats do not trigger the problem....
I am ok for copper, but have not enough compared to zinc.

Motif

@Hugh Johnson

In terms of goitrogenic activity, the way soy does this is through isoflavones which inhibit iodine uptake into the thyroid. Considering iodine is consumed in gross excess nowadays, I see no issue with this, it might actually be helpful. Peat himself warns of iodine excess in the modern diet.

If the soy milk is malted, phytic acid will be at zero. Soy is extremely nutrient rich, and when malted, would be a fine food. Oh yeah, and when soy is heated (like it is when thy make soy milk), the majority of the isoflavones and lectins and trypsin inhibitors are destroyed.

And honestly, the soy isoflavones might be helpful for this girl if she has zero blood estrogen. Don't get me wrong, I don't think soy is some magical estrogen boost that all the mainstream hacks think it is, and in fact I have argued against soy consumption for years. But in this case, it might be helpful. And the soy isoflavones have a lot of the same effects that the polyphenols in orange juice have, in terms of messenger activation in cells.

Trust me, malted grains are absolutely fine, and are potentially extremely healthy. It's like a predigested cereal, just a pure nutrient mix, which you then cook and digest again. And with brown rice, there is no allergens present, as long as there isn't arsenic, the malted rice is great.

But, as I said, I'm not even recommending these foods really, instead I am giving this women and her sister ways of preparing these foods they already eat to maximize benefits and minimize harm - I also happen to think other foods are worth experimenting with as well.

@Diokine

I think bromocriptine has it's uses, but I would only feel comfortable using it in an adult - preferably over the age of 25. It then has to be used correctly, and for good reason.

I was not attacking you at all, and I think you know that. I just felt I must speak firmly to let her know it's not harmless to use things like that, and that it could lead to harm. It was only a suggestion on your part, something to look into, but on her end, she could know nothing about it and accidentally have her sister take it. To a person uneducated about the topic, they could see "oh look, dopamine! It must be good!", and then hurt her sister on accident.

EDIT
I've taken a dopamine agonist before (memantine), in the worst way possible. I was ignoring any possible side effects, and was only focused on potential benefits. Then I had an experience from it where I genuinely thought I was going to die. And then after discontinuation, I had tics for months. Thankfully they're gone now, that ***t was getting soooo annoying, it was really weird.

Oh yeah, I also had "exploding head syndrome" for a few months, hahahaha... it actually stopped happening like two months ago. It was really weird, as I fell asleep every night, I'd hear an insanely large exploding/bang, and it would cause me to jolt awake and alert.

And I had some other weird stuff, like indescribable sensations that just felt bizarre, and that I cannot put into words. Crazy ***t.

I think the best bet for her sister in terms of normalizing the HPTA axis is to align her circadian rhythm (using red tinted glasses, and melatonin if needed), in addition to POSSIBLY using small amounts of hormone precursors like pregnenolone or DHEA, which could potentially help jumpstart the HPTA axis, and get the GnRH flowing, but that can be messy in terms of what they turn into.

Do you have advice for getting rid of tics?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals