Seeking Advice: Rheumatoid Arthritis And IBS/Anxiety

Charger

I'm looking for advice to help both my sister and mother with their longstanding health issues.

My mother is in her mid-50s and has been suffering from severe Rheumatoid Arthritis for as long as I can remember. She told me she has been on Prednisone for the majority of my life (I'm 31). She was getting injections that gave her a lot of relief with the pain, but she is no longer able to get on health insurance to continue receiving that treatment. I can get Prednisone for her again, but I'd really like to hear from others on their own experiences with RA and what helped them the most.

My sister (mid 30s) has been dealing with severe anxiety and IBS. I suggested supplements such as ginger, cyproheptadine, lysine, and taurine, as from what I understand... anxiety and IBS are highly linked to serotonin. She went to see a psychiatrist for these issues and was prescribed Lexapro (an SSRI, go figure.) I tried to encourage her to use the supplements I recommended first before getting on an SSRI, as I was worried about her experiencing SSRI-induced side effects similar to what I dealt with from Finasteride. She went the SSRI route as she's desperate for relief and trusts psychiatrists more than her crazy brother. Guess I can't blame her, live and learn, I guess.

Any suggestions and insight would be appreciated. I've learned a lot over the past year or so, but I read and learn stuff from a mostly male perspective, so I'm not entirely sure what to suggest for my sister and mother that would help them optimize their health and alleviate their issues, I don't want them relying on pharmaceuticals.

This is controversial here, but I would suggest a low to no Vitamin A diet. Read the free ebooks on this site. He's not selling anything and there are no ads. www.ggenereux.blog. Vitamin A toxicity may be the cause of autoimmune and stomach issues.

bluewren

You could look into LDN.....Low Dose Naltrexone. There are a couple of great Facebook groups.

Blue Water

My mother says that Cat's Claw has given her some relief. But she still relies on things like Prednisone.
What brand of cat's claw did she use? I'm seeing a bunch of people say that some brands that have TOA in them (tetracyclic alkaloids) are inferior to those that filter these out. But the studies might be biased. All the patented TOA-free versions are super expensive.

gallahad

Hi Charger,
as i can tell from my own experience - thiamine did help tremendously with anxiety / ibs / joint muscle pain. I would suggest to give it a try with plain thiamine hcl + magnesium. If possible start both your sister and mother with the same dose and then they should tell if it is working or not. Results should be seen quickly. Dont be afraid to start right of the bat with 500mg to 1000mg. Stay there for a couple of days if the dose gives positive results that are repeatable.
all the best for now

K

Kaur Singh

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals