What stopped your hairloss?

jondoeuk

That is an unscientific response. If you tried it and it did not work you may have simply failed it or did not dose it approprietely. There is over a 90% response rate. Side effects can occur with any medication.

No, it isn't. Oral minoxidil has a [black] boxed warning. This is the FDA's most stringent warning for drugs and medical devices on the market, design to highlight serious and sometimes life-threatening, or even fatal adverse reactions. So, do not use it, when topical is available. As for the efficacy of the latter, it depends, but for those that either respond poorly or not at all, there are other products that should overcome that, like Dualgen-5R

Pablo Cruise

No, it isn't. Oral minoxidil has a [black] boxed warning. This is the FDA's most stringent warning for drugs and medical devices on the market, design to highlight serious and sometimes life-threatening, or even fatal adverse reactions. So, do not use it, when topical is available. As for the efficacy of the latter, it depends, but for those that either respond poorly or not at all, there are other products that should overcome that, like Dualgen-5R
Oh, my, my. The FDA says......I have a few years in medical biz. I have a few years studying remedies to hair loss. That does not mean I am an expert. I will say only this, FDA is a joke and will not go into that. Very low doses (1.25mg, 0.625mg) of Minoxidil can be very effective and the side effect profile is low. Do some research on Australian docs that have been using it for years with great results and just keep reading FDA warnings. In perspective their information can be useless.

Also, topical Minoxidil is ineffective for 90-95% because of a lack of an enzyme most do not have in the scalp. If I were starting to lose my hair I would take lo dose Finasteride (1mg)orally or use a low dose topical that has no side effects that I know of. Finasteride 0.25% topical soln. Sold over the internet. And low dose oral Minoxidil. That has worked very well for myself. Use at your discretion.

Pablo Cruise

After 40 years of hair loss my loss has stopped. This has worked well for me for the last 7 months and pray it continues. Virtually all hair loss has stopped.
1. I massage the scalp with high power deep massage 2xday for 5-10min
2. Oral minoxidil 1.25mg bedtime (lower dose may be effective)
3. Castor oil 1/2 ml daily
4. Topical Finasteride 0.5% every other night
5. BosleyMD Men's Revive + Densifying Treatment Foam
6. Anti Seborrhea shampoos twice a week- Coal tar 2%, or Zinc Pyrithione 1% or Ketoconazole 2%, or Seleniun Sulfide 2.5%

Hair loss stopped when I started the scalp massage, the Bosley foam and the oral castor oil. One of these or maybe all made the difference but would guess massage and the Bosely were key. The Bosley foam has new science behind and as one researcher said it may be a "game changer". Good luck.

Dutchie

After 40 years of hair loss my loss has stopped. This has worked well for me for the last 7 months and pray it continues. Virtually all hair loss has stopped.
1. I massage the scalp with high power deep massage 2xday for 5-10min
2. Oral minoxidil 1.25mg bedtime (lower dose may be effective)
3. Castor oil 1/2 ml daily
4. Topical Finasteride 0.5% every other night
5. BosleyMD Men's Revive + Densifying Treatment Foam
6. Anti Seborrhea shampoos twice a week- Coal tar 2%, or Zinc Pyrithione 1% or Ketoconazole 2%, or Seleniun Sulfide 2.5%

Hair loss stopped when I started the scalp massage, the Bosley foam and the oral castor oil. One of these or maybe all made the difference but would guess massage and the Bosely were key. The Bosley foam has new science behind and as one researcher said it may be a "game changer". Good luck.
Do you leave the Castor oil on your scalp/hair or do you wash it out? Or do you take it orally?

Pablo Cruise

Do you leave the Castor oil on your scalp/hair or do you wash it out? Or do you take it orally?
I take it orally but forgot to mention I rub in some topical oils (all in one mixture) that contains Castor oil, Rosemary, and few others at bedtime sometimes but not regularly.

Dutchie

I take it orally but forgot to mention I rub in some topical oils (all in one mixture) that contains Castor oil, Rosemary, and few others at bedtime sometimes but not regularly.
Thanks.
I've seem many videos on YouTube about using Castor oil for hair growth, but they all say to massage it into the scalp and then wash it out after 2 hours.
I have a leave in conditioner which also has Castor oil in it, but I see no new growth and still take out a good amount of hair after washing my hair.
I think some of the other ingredients in it aren't working in my favor (and possibly also me eating coconut oil, my body creating alcohol or who knows what's going on).

L_C

For me, hair loss and scalp itch stopped when I eliminated dairy. Also, I stopped using the shampoos with SLS (which is in majority of them) that caused my hair to fall out too.

Peater

Also, I stopped using the shampoos with SLS (which is in majority of them) that caused my hair to fall out too.
That's interesting, any idea how it causes it? As you say, it's in everything.

I would love for people to try that topical niacin hair solution i found. It's reported to help growth. Touch wood, my hair is fine so i can't report any improvements. I like it as a condition improver.

dreamcatcher

My hairloss has sped up like crazy over the last year, especially the last couple of months, I've also noticed that during this time,. I've had a lot of scalp inflammation and itch. Sometimes I can calm it and other times it out of control and I shed like crazy. Really dont wanna lose my hair and starting to get desperate.

If you were able to stop your hairloss, how did you do it? And if you got regrowth, how did you achieve that?

And please don't say just Peating.. cause I've been doing that and it hasn't helped.
In my case removing vegetables from my diet and increasing my calcium intake helped.

dreamcatcher

Or.... Maybe he shouldn't obliterate his male hormones and instead fix metabolism, metabolism goes way deeper than diet/supplements and the right move here is to fix the environment and address stressors
Right. Gut irritation is major.

grapes

For me, hair loss and scalp itch stopped when I eliminated dairy. Also, I stopped using the shampoos with SLS (which is in majority of them) that caused my hair to fall out too.
What brand do you use now?

ivy

I would love for people to try that topical niacin hair solution i found. It's reported to help growth. Touch wood, my hair is fine so i can't report any improvements. I like it as a condition improver.
Which one? It's not mentioned in this thread.

Peater

Which one? It's not mentioned in this thread.
This is the product but it is simply niacin and sodium bicarbonate in distilled water. I make my own and add some SSKI to stop it going stagnant.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 18
  • s-l1600.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 10

ivy

This is the product but it is simply niacin and sodium bicarbonate in distilled water. I make my own and add some SSKI to stop it going stagnant.
Oh, thanks.

I've been able to foster growth with Scandinavian Biolabs, whose products already contain niacin. I am flirting with the idea of trying the newly relaunched Intact:

Many years ago, Danny Roddy actually made a post about the arrector pilli muscles. It's not such a wild idea to try and keep hair from falling by contracting those muscles, especially if most loss occurs with washing.

ivy

Oh, thanks.

I've been able to foster growth with Scandinavian Biolabs, whose products already contain niacin. I am flirting with the idea of trying the newly relaunched Intact:

Many years ago, Danny Roddy actually made a post about the arrector pilli muscles. It's not such a wild idea to try and keep hair from falling by contracting those muscles, especially if most loss occurs with washing.
In case anyone wants to check it out:

View: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=734763256546000&vanity=thedannyroddyweblog&slug=a.166254416730223&locale=it_IT

L_C

No idea by what mechanism SLS causes hair loss but read it somewhere on reddit. I always speculated that it must be something in a shampoo because my scalp would itch as well.

Andy316

Keeping scalp clean by applying antifungal shampoo 1-2 times every month for 3 months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals