Vegetarians -- are they harming themselves?

Lin

Milklover wrote " Didn't Ray say if your diet does not provide enough niacin (i.e., restricting meat), then the tryptophan from milk gets converted to niacin not to serotonin?"

Would this mean that supplementing niacinamide would cause the tryptophan to be converted to serotonin instead of niacin?[/quote]

schultz

Nicholas said:
The idea that limiting milk to be anti-Peat is absurd.

Yah what I said was a bit extreme I must admit. What I meant though was strictly in regards to tryptophan, and not some other reason. I've never had a problem drinking milk myself, no matter what the brand, fat content, raw, pasteurized, homogenized, goats, whatever, but I do know people who seem to have problems with it. We all have different issues it seems.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Lin said:
post 99008 Milklover wrote " Didn't Ray say if your diet does not provide enough niacin (i.e., restricting meat), then the tryptophan from milk gets converted to niacin not to serotonin?"

Would this mean that supplementing niacinamide would cause the tryptophan to be converted to serotonin instead of niacin?

There was a thread on this site that might help answer your question.

https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1554

Please check it out :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Vita3

When I asked Ray Peat about vegetarianism, he was positive about it, he himself doesn't eat much meat, he prefers protein from milk and eggs. You can be vegetarian and be healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals