Vegetarians Look So Young

Jennifer

Love 'em. Whole different level than the orange ones, lol. Do you have a secret to getting them perfect every time? IME, roasting them (say at 350°F for 90 minutes) it's annoying cooking a bach where some of them have that perfect texture you're talking about (dry like cake with that chestnut flavor, or sometimes even like a fruity, vanilla cereal) while others are still totally starchy or moist!!1
I guess it's pretty dependent on the curing process. But maybe I should try the method where you cook them for sevreal hours at a low temp.

For sure! It was so long ago but if I remember correctly, I steamed them in their jackets on the stove for around 105 minutes to avoid creating “toxic” compounds from caramelizing the potatoes, however, if I were to eat them again, I would bake them. I’m not sure how to get uniform baking if kept whole, I’ve only ever roasted them. Maybe wrapping them in tinfoil? For roasting, I peel, dice and coat them in some melted refined coconut oil, spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven at 425° for 25-35 minutes, flipping them once halfway through. They end up caky on the inside and caramelized and crispy on the outside.

I'm 42 and a vegan and I get told I look good for my age quite frequently. Not sure how much of that has to do with my diet, probably mostly just genetics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals