Food Combination, Diet Flexibility

Runenight201

So I was watching a Paul Chek YouTube video, and he noted how some days he’s a vegan, some days he’s vegetarian, other days a carnivore, etc... and that really resonated with me because I essentially do the same thing, following what I believe my body needs at any given moment and ignoring any type of dogmatic dietary model.

For myself I noted how my ways of eating don’t shift by the day, but rather by the hours, and I’ll find my body in different “phases”. I think they may be tied to my digestion, energy, and activity. I usually have a fruitarian phase, where all meat or starch doesn’t sound appealing, and I need fruit and sugar to maintain energy and appetite. Then I have a carnivore phase, where I sense the need for animal flesh and fat, and any type of starch seems way to heavy. I usually consume fruit juice still in this phase, so it’s not true carnivore.

About an hour ago I had a craving for white rice, which is nice because I haven’t wanted much starch the past couple days, and so I wonder if I may have a cooked plant phase. I felt good after eating some white rice with onions, mushrooms, avocado, and oj. However I prepared some shrimp and so I figured I’d eat that too. However, upon finishing all the shrimp (half pound) I realized it may have been a bad decision, because that combo sat very heavy in my stomach, and I didn’t feel energetic and good. I wonder if perhaps it’s better for me not to combine starch with animal flesh, and I’m curious to know if anyone else has experimented with that?

I also note that I can only tolerate coffee after a starch meal, and it seems the coffee helps its digestion, so I poured up a nice hot cup of joe and luckily my stomach feels much better :)

fradon

low stomach acid. eat your protien first with lots of salt to increase acid.

Sugar Bun

I've wondered if maybe that is the ultimate point of fixing digestion and other health issues; reaching homeostasis and then eating intuitively.

Paul Chek was at one stage a fan of seasonal eating. I'm not sure if he still clings to that philosophy.

I followed Chek loosely for a number of years long before Peat. He's a good collator of information and has read vociferously on many topics. What was particularly enlightening was a 10 part lecture he did called "Nutrition: The Dirt Facts".

He has created a patch work of nutritional ideas from his extensive reading, but he isn't a researcher so I fear he falls into a number of common mainstream traps ie. Demonizing sugar.

Sugar Bun

Keep in mind that Paul Chek is a level 9000 Shaman, so his diet is probably required to facilitate his rain dancing. He has some quasi-amerindian beliefs I'm not entirely caught up on.
He also fasts for spiritual reasons, I believe.

There were some unsubstantiated rumours he went vegetarian for a few years for some serious health complications.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals