Tricks For Reducing Face Puffiness

FredSonoma

My face is a lot puffier than it used to be - I'm trying to figure out how to reduce it.

From what I've read - these are things that should help:

1. Reducing cortisol - Vitamin B6 and Magnesium should help with this?
2. Fixing hypothyroidism (LLLT, supplementing thyroid, Peating in general)
3. Vitamin B1 (doesn't help me - seems to make it worse actually)

What have you done in the past that seemed to help face puffiness?

OP
F

FredSonoma

Daimyo said:
When I limited the amount of liquids I drink, the puffiness went down (and body temperature went up).

Hmm I've been suspecting that I drink too much liquid for a while, but it's so hard to not drink tons of juice! Other than eating tons of honey (which sometimes gives me diarrhea, and I don't like the taste) I'm not sure what to do. Dehydrated fruit?

Nicholas

"tons" of juice and "tons" of honey may be your intuition speaking up.
root vegetables are low-liquid and even pboy, who is anti-starch, has recommended them before.
gradual changes...

Daimyo

Just limit the amount of liquids you consume. If you drink a lot of juice, then reduce the quantity (and add some sugar/honey for calories). Dry fruits are also good.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Nicholas said:
"tons" of juice and "tons" of honey may be your intuition speaking up.
root vegetables are low-liquid and even pboy, who is anti-starch, has recommended them before.
gradual changes...

I have a long history of issues with any kind of starch, even white rice. I have (or used to, idk) Reactive Arthritis, and starches give me diarrhea and sometimes joint pain. What about frozen juice concentrates? Like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Minute-Maid-P ... z/13908196

mt_dreams

FredSonoma said:
I have a long history of issues with any kind of starch, even white rice. I have (or used to, idk) Reactive Arthritis, and starches give me diarrhea and sometimes joint pain. What about frozen juice concentrates? Like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Minute-Maid-P ... z/13908196

I have the same problem with starches, especially white rice made by others, as most people undercook it for some reason.

I don't have access to quality oranges so I consume a lot of the frozen concentrate. I buy the pulp free variety, and usually consume 3/4 to a full can every day. It amounts to about 400-450 carb calories. I mix with mineral water high in cal & mag or mix with goat cheese or ricotta when I'm limiting my liquid.

Frozen concentrate is probably better than the same brands fresh variety simply orange, as minute maid is pretty sketchy. My hope is that they don't need to add anything to the concentrate like they do for the regular orange juices.

OP
F

FredSonoma

mt_dreams said:
FredSonoma said:

I have the same problem with starches, especially white rice made by others, as most people undercook it for some reason.

I don't have access to quality oranges so I consume a lot of the frozen concentrate. I buy the pulp free variety, and usually consume 3/4 to a full can every day. It amounts to about 400-450 carb calories. I mix with mineral water high in cal & mag or mix with goat cheese or ricotta when I'm limiting my liquid.

Frozen concentrate is probably better than the same brands fresh variety simply orange, as minute maid is pretty sketchy. My hope is that they don't need to add anything to the concentrate like they do for the regular orange juices.

Awesome thanks!! What kind of issues do you get from starch?

mt_dreams

FredSonoma said:
Awesome thanks!! What kind of issues do you get from starch?

With regards to undercooked tubers & grains, I get pain in my right elbow & knee. My neck also becomes very crackly when I move it stevie wonder style. So it seems that inflammation is the issue taking place.

Even if starch is cooked to my liking, if I cool and eat/re-cook, which is big in the resistant starch crowd, my anus itches when I try and go to sleep, which is annoying.

Onehumin

The Mayans used a wooden head vice. this also elongated their head giving them an Alien look which was desirable to separate the classes of people. its more like..."Look at me..
These ar filed under the "Issues with Tissues folder. if you read mt_ Dreams issue with the tissue. theres an itchy Anus..
im not sire if the head clamp will reduce double chin or itchy Anus butt, its worth a try.
or you could just try exercise and balancing your food intake, then you would not b looked at with you head clamp device, its rather hard to explain, but it may fit in the Paleo diet plan.

cyclops

I been peating for years and still have a rather bloated face. Somedays are worse then others. I wonder what the real cause is.

cyclops

salt and protein should help, co2 as well so bag breathing and sodium bicarbonate

I eat plenty of salt and protein. Ive done the bag breathing before, guess I'll start again. How much baking soda per day?

superhuman

I eat plenty of salt and protein. Ive done the bag breathing before, guess I'll start again. How much baking soda per day?
How much protein in grams are you eating a day and how much salt in grams?

baking soda you can go as high 0.68 g / kg

cyclops

How much protein in grams are you eating a day and how much salt in grams?

baking soda you can go as high 0.68 g / kg

230+ grams of protein a day. Salt I have no idea. I just salt everything so it tastes great to me. I guess I'll have to do the math on the baking soda.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals