Topical Vitamin A & Hair

TubZy

Anyone try it? Peat mentioned vitamin A increase progesterone in the skin and renewing skin cells? Since progesterone and dhea are good for hair I wonder if applying vitamin A (retinil) on scalp could work. Thoughts?

Scenes

Anyone try it? Peat mentioned vitamin A increase progesterone in the skin and renewing skin cells? Since progesterone and dhea are good for hair I wonder if applying vitamin A (retinil) on scalp could work. Thoughts?

No one ever did this? Did you Tubzy?

LukeL

Nah, I haven't, although it has been talked about in the other thread. I think @LukeL is trying it now
I didn't give Vitamin A enough of a try...I was trying too many things at once so I eliminated Vitamin A. Also Danny Roddy told me he thought there was a chance it could increase mast cells

Scenes

I didn't give Vitamin A enough of a try...I was trying too many things at once so I eliminated Vitamin A. Also Danny Roddy told me he thought there was a chance it could increase mast cells
I think @sladerunner69 was talking about vitamin A and K topically recently. Not sure if he tried either...

I think theoretically it should help with fibrosis as well as being pro-dopamine. Have to make sure you don't let vit d get too low as a result though.

sladerunner69

Wait - what is?

Vitamin A, mister J-Dreamer-dude. A truly miraculous blessing of the creator it is. A tonic for the skin, for the libido, for the mind, for the spirit and msot of all, for the heart. Truly, I query: is there any ailment this wonder-substance cannot relieve?

JDreamer

Vitamin A, mister J-Dreamer-dude. A truly miraculous blessing of the creator it is. A tonic for the skin, for the libido, for the mind, for the spirit and msot of all, for the heart. Truly, I query: is there any ailment this wonder-substance cannot relieve?

I'm taking a single pill (10,000 IU) at the moment. Should I boost it?

EIRE24

I'm glad you find some relief with vitamin A and think of it so highly. It hasn't done anything for my acne but again maybe I'm not vitamin A deficient.

Scenes

Soooo did you try it on your scalp?

sladerunner69

Take more? Should it be applied topically?

That's really up to you. Variability through indivuality, or everyone is a bit different. I know Peat has mentionned some people needing as much as 100k iu daily to feel supreme, but for me that would be far too much. There isn't any harm in experimenting though, as long as you aren't using Dry vitamin A or beta carotene, which are toxic in those dosages. If it's retinil you can use it liberally. If I go above 10,000 iu my estrogen will begin to get too low but it does have a noticeable affect on my androgens and skin quality. Due to the amount of supplements I take daily and worrying about my estrogen becoming too low and my joints cracking and aching, as all Peaty supps will lower estrogen, I stopped taking retinyl or cod liver A. Now I simply eat a large serving of beef liver twice a week. Liver is extremely rich in vit A and is one fo the few good sources of copper, which are both good for the skin, likely because of the improvements to the cAMP enzyme function, which has been linked to skin elasticity. Ive noticed improvements in skin smoothness and quality even a day after eating liver after avoiding it for a few weeks, the effect on my skin is similar tot he effect many people notice after taking pregnenlone for a few days.

EIRE24

That's really up to you. Variability through indivuality, or everyone is a bit different. I know Peat has mentionned some people needing as much as 100k iu daily to feel supreme, but for me that would be far too much. There isn't any harm in experimenting though, as long as you aren't using Dry vitamin A or beta carotene, which are toxic in those dosages. If it's retinil you can use it liberally. If I go above 10,000 iu my estrogen will begin to get too low but it does have a noticeable affect on my androgens and skin quality. Due to the amount of supplements I take daily and worrying about my estrogen becoming too low and my joints cracking and aching, as all Peaty supps will lower estrogen, I stopped taking retinyl or cod liver A. Now I simply eat a large serving of beef liver twice a week. Liver is extremely rich in vit A and is one fo the few good sources of copper, which are both good for the skin, likely because of the improvements to the cAMP enzyme function, which has been linked to skin elasticity. Ive noticed improvements in skin smoothness and quality even a day after eating liver after avoiding it for a few weeks, the effect on my skin is similar tot he effect many people notice after taking pregnenlone for a few days.
If it is dry skin I suffer from which in turn causes acne, would you say that maybe vitamin A isnt what will help my skin? I know that vitamin A is suppose to slow sebum production so I am not sure the mechanisms behind it helping your skin get smoother? I am not trying to argue or say it doesnt happen in case you think I am, its just I get a very different experience and it is dissapointing as I thought vitamin A would fix my skin problems

Mossy

If it is dry skin I suffer from which in turn causes acne, would you say that maybe vitamin A isnt what will help my skin? I know that vitamin A is suppose to slow sebum production so I am not sure the mechanisms behind it helping your skin get smoother? I am not trying to argue or say it doesnt happen in case you think I am, its just I get a very different experience and it is dissapointing as I thought vitamin A would fix my skin problems
My experience with oral vitamin A has been just that -- dryness and joints aching, and a feeling of dehydration throughout my body. I tested a dose of 12,500 iu emulsified A.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals