Topical DHEA for hair loss?!?

tallglass13

Here is a pic I took 10 minutes ago. The lighting is not exactly the same since I’m not in my office. I go back to work next week and I can take one with more similar lighting once I’m back in my office. You be the judge (my older pics can be found earlier in this thread).

And yes… still doing the regiment.
Wow , things are looking great! You have inspired me to try DHEA topically. I bought one in oil so I can also control the dosage. It has been a few months since you last post. Any updates, thanks

PeskyPeater

Can anyone explain the biology behind this? And why has he never mentioned this before? I have heard he and others talk about topical progesterone for hair growth, but I don't recall him ever saying topical DHEA can return hairs to their terminal state.

01:02:15 - Question: How to shift vellus hairs to terminal? DHEA, estrogen, cortisol, prolactin, aldosterone, frontal fibrosing alopecia, PTH

I know how DHEA works. It activates certain part of the mitochondrial electron transport chain

PeskyPeater

Thank you. I'm in a "liberal" state in the US, which makes it illegal to purchase these. I believe I can get a very potent spirit, called Everclear, but it will still have a percentage of water. Another member suggested that I want to avoid water, as it would hinder the absorption of prog and dhea. I realize, to some degree, I'll probably have to have some water in the mix, but I'm attempting to make it as minimal as possible.
Progesterone is soluble in ethahol per 1mg/ml.
DHEA is also soluble in ethanol per 10 mg/ml.

Although they are not soluble in water, doesn't seem that water will hinder their absorption in an alcohol /aqua solution. It will be suspended in the alcohol part, I think. Rubbing it in well on the areas until it's almost dry should work.

Mossy

Progesterone is soluble in ethahol per 1mg/ml.
DHEA is also soluble in ethanol per 10 mg/ml.

Although they are not soluble in water, doesn't seem that water will hinder their absorption in an alcohol /aqua solution. It will be suspended in the alcohol part, I think. Rubbing it in well on the areas until it's almost dry should work.
Very good to know. Thank you!

Mossy

Is anyone doing this regimen? I haven’t had the opportunity to experiment myself yet.

@Gungnir , any news to report?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals