THE ROOT OF GRAY HAIR

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Just a quick post to help anyone out there wanting to regrow their hair.

A lot of things have stopped my hair loss: Preg, prog, dhea, dht etc.

Only one thing has regrown my hair and increased beard growth = Massive amounts of sugar.

Went through some difficult financial times. Had to cut back on a lot of things. Including diet and supps.

The only thing i ate/drank (2 months), 2-3 liters of Chocolate milk (with added sugar), coffee with added sugar, potatoes (mashed potatoes, air fried with coconut oil)

Regrew:
1 cm of lost temple area (75% regrow)
1 cm of lost temple area (25% regrow)

Dandruff disappeared completely

What i would change:

Replace sugar: either 100% honey. or a syrup (equal parts: honey, water, sugar)
add Liver
add oyster
add niacinamide”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Research shows that taking gelatin can also improve hair thickness and growth.

One study gave either a gelatin supplement or a placebo for 50 weeks to 24 people with alopecia, a type of hair loss.

Hair numbers increased by 29% in the group given gelatin compared to just over 10% in the placebo group. Hair mass also increased by 40% with the gelatin supplement, compared to a decrease of 10% in the placebo group (16).

Another study reported similar findings. Participants were given 14 grams of gelatin per day, then experienced an average increase in individual hair thickness of about 11% (17).“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thyroid disorders: Hormonal changes caused by thyroid problems, such as hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid hormone levels) or hypothyroidism (decreased thyroid hormone levels) can cause premature graying hair.
  • Neurofibromatosis (Von Recklinghausen disease): This group of inherited diseases causes tumors to grow along nerves and abnormal development of bones and skin.
  • Tuberous sclerosis: This is an uncommon, inherited condition that causes benign (noncancerous) tumors in multiple organs (including the brain, heart, kidneys, eyes, lungs, and skin) and may be associated with early graying.
  • Medications: Certain medications can cause early graying of hair:
    • Chloroquine (used for malaria)
    • Mephenesin (a muscle relaxant)
    • Phenylthiourea (used in DNA testing)
    • Triparanol (used to reduce cholesterol)
    • Dixyrazine (used to treat various psychiatric disorders)”

J.R.K

Ohhhh! Your egg whites are chock full of tripyophan which is aging too! I ditched egg whites a two or three months ago and feel better for it!

"Whey has been promoted as a protein supplement, but it contains a much higher proportion of tryptophan than milk does. Cheese (milk with the whey removed) contains even less tryptophan. Some people have been encouraged to eat only the whites of eggs, “to avoid cholesterol,” but the egg albumin is disproportionately rich in tryptophan." -Ray Peat
The egg albumin or white is also rich in avidin, which if eaten raw will bind to the B vitamin biotin. Cooking will denature the avidin but most of the nutrients that you desire are found in the yolk.
Paul Saladino had this to say about egg whites.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/BzzuQS8gl3k?si=Ep8MkNMxBCNr1h1_

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The egg albumin or white is also rich in avidin, which if eaten raw will bind to the B vitamin biotin. Cooking will denature the avidin but most of the nutrients that you desire are found in the yolk.
Paul Saladino had this to say about egg whites.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/BzzuQS8gl3k?si=Ep8MkNMxBCNr1h1_

This may explains as to why my gray hair has reversed even more these past few months. I started upping my biotin for my skin and hair, by eating more egg yolks, and fortunately I ditched the whites because the tryptophan in them is aging. Studies have said that tryptophan is highest in gray hair. My gray hair on top has totally disappeared and my temples are reduced to not even noticeable anymore unless I pull my hair back.

J.R.K

This may explains as to why my gray hair has reversed even more these past few months. I started upping my biotin for my skin and hair, by eating more egg yolks, and fortunately I ditched the whites because the tryptophan in them is aging. Studies have said that tryptophan is highest in gray hair. My gray hair on top has totally disappeared and my temples are reduced to not even noticeable anymore unless I pull my hair back.
This could be a contributing factor, although the avidin is in the egg whites, and cooking the whites should denature the avidin, each person is going to be different so it stands to reason that one person may have a sensitivity to the avidin even when it is denatured post cooking and react differently than another person might.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This could be a contributing factor, although the avidin is in the egg whites, and cooking the whites should denature the avidin, each person is going to be different so it stands to reason that one person may have a sensitivity to the avidin even when it is denatured post cooking and react differently than another person might.
Nevertheless the extra biotin from my two to three egg yolks a day is doing the trick!

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“If you’re supplementing with high levels of Zinc – this can actually lead to low Manganese levels”

“Manganese plays a crucial role in the production of collagen in your body. Collagen is a hugely important protein that improves elasticity of your skin (very important for keeping those wrinkles away!) & strengthens your hair & nails. It becomes even more important with age, as once you hit 25, you start to produce less & less collagen.”

“THE SYMPTOMS OF LOW MANGANESE LEVELS:

– Loss of hair colour

– Weak hair & nails

– Chronic fatigue syndrome

– Anemia

– Loss of hearing

– Poor digestion

– Weak bones or osteoporosis

– Getting sick a lot (due to poor immune function)

– Hormonal imbalances“

“ARE YOU AT RISK?

So now that you know what a powerhouse mineral Manganese actually is – The question is – What can cause you to have low levels?

Most commonly, it’s either because of poor gut health (when you suffer from dysbiosis – meaning that you have more ‘bad bugs’ than you do ‘good bugs’ – your unable to absorb minerals properly!) – OR – because you’re consuming foods grown in poor quality soils (If the minerals aren’t in the soil to begin with – like much of the soil that conventional food is grown in – then the plants can’t absorb that nutrition).

It could also be a result of the contraceptive Pill (which can interfere with manganese absorption) or high zinc supplementation (especially significant for those with Pyroluria who are generally required to take high doses) as high amounts of zinc in the body can drive down your manganese levels. Excess sweating or a low-calorie diet can also put you at risk of a manganese deficiency.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“So reduced blood flow is the cause of hair loss but the way by which the blood flow is reduced makes it appear that it is not. Really you could say that scar tissue is the cause of hair loss because this leads to the reduced blood flow. Either way it is the reduction of blood through some means that results in the hair loss.

"Fascinatingly, we see scar tissue accumulation in two locations surrounding AGA hairs: the dermal and connective tissue sheaths. And in later stages, this scar tissue creeps up to the surface — known as perifollicular fibrosis — which creates the infamous “shine” of a decades-bald scalp."“

“So when the muscles contract, the tops of our scalps pull tightly (like a drum)."

"This causes two things to happen in AGA-prone scalp tissues: Blood flow reduces to balding regions Inflammation increases"”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Drareg posted…

“I got the idea of grey hair being caused by melatonin from Peats article on Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues,he mentions animal hair colour changes with light.
It seems at this point their are many ways to influence grey hair from research posted on here,this is another angle I wanted to highlight if anybody ever gets anymore info on it,it seems to be the one thing we haven't achieved on here or through Peats work is reversal of grey hair,surely this is a potent sign of improving health. In relation to the tryptophan-serotonin link to grey hair we could apply the same thinking to tryptophan and melatonin relationship.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1707324396881.png

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A Japanese researcher found that each hair color is asso- ciated with a certain pattern of several trace minerals. When he removed all the trace minerals, every type of hair became white. When he added a characteristic pattern of trace miner- als, associated with a particular hair color, to a sample of de- mineralized hair, the color which was produced corresponded to the minerals added, and not to what the original color of the hair had been. He concluded that people inherit a tendency to concentrate certain minerals in their hair.

People who studied the effects of steroids on aging skin found that the steroids which reversed structural age changes in the skin (progesterone, testosterone, pregnenolone) some- times restored hair growth. Occasionally, the hair that grew was pigmented. Estrogen and cortisone accelerated the struc- tural changes of aging in the skin, but their effects on hair were not mentioned. Vitamin A has anti-estrogen effects in skin and other tissues, and part of this effect might result from its ability to promote synthesis of pregnenolone and progesterone.

Physicians have mentioned that a depigmented spot some- times appears in the skin over an area where they have in- jected cortisone. The familiar association of severe stress with sudden greying o f the hair also would suggest that exces- sive cortisone destroys melanin. The average stress caused by a particular climate would probably combine with any other factors that are involved in regions where there is more or less white hair than average.

1 think oxygen wastage is a central event in aging. Just as a cut potato requires oxygen to make melanin, so do our tis- sues. Iron tends to keep accumulating in our tissues with ag-
ing, and iron appears to be a factor in wasting oxygen (especially in age pigment).”
-Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals