Anyone Had Success With Reversal Of Grey Hair?

RNR

Liver has a ton of copper. Is that not enough to meet the need? Why the need to supplement?

AlexanderCPPR

www.raypeat.com
You should read the articles there :rolleyes:

Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient, or adaptogen. Questions about tea and coffee, cancer and other degenerative diseases, and the hormones.
You are not supposed to megadose coffee. And coffee + keto is obviously bad since you don't have any carbs to burn. Coffee raises metabolism. If there is nothing or not enough to metabolize you can guess what happens next.

Burning fat causes saggy appearence since stress hormones are involved in that process which ultimately catabolize your tissues.

Makes no sense, autophagy & lack of carbs are what keeps one longevive and youthful as proven in tests on teleomere lengthening ,

A diet on high fat low carb has caused many many people to reverse gray hair, and halt the aging process. It's full of such accounts on various forums , on keto communities people reverse gray hairs by mistake and don't know why after cutting carbs, especially wheat and coffee. When they take coffee again, gray hairs are reported.

I have read tons of pages like this so I' m 100% sure that something is wrong in your statement.. Please don't take my comment as an offense or something

AlexanderCPPR

@AlexanderCPPR

Because keto diet cult and that lifestyle is pro inflammatory in a big way and saggy skin is a sign of systemic inflammation moving towards death.

I randomly found this on instagram just now for you.

Yes leaner but bad skin, less hair, more greys and calls himself fat adapted.

View attachment 15752

What has that instagram photo have to do with anything at all ? Do we know the individual ? who is he ? what did he do ? how many years have passed ? what is his coffee intake ?

I am just here to try and help myself and you, as a whole community to find out how to reverse aging, and more exactly gray hair in this one.

I said again, I've read thousands of comments on coffee effects and keto /low carb diet on hair and skin.

Problably more than 80% users noticed reversal of gray hair when cutting carbs / wheat and coffee while fasting and / or being on keto .

Those people had no interest in gray hair but noticed the effects, there are also tons of studies who show the healing / age reversal qualities of fasting and low carb high fat diet.

So there is def. something going on , who is wrong and why ? let's find it ... because I find it really interesting and I wanna find out what is going on.

My gray hairs started at 24 after massive loads of coffee to be honest and it's not a coincidence.

Give me your opinions, cheers

boris

Makes no sense, autophagy & lack of carbs are what keeps one longevive and youthful

If that is true than Atkins should be alive and thriving right now. Yet he died at 72, way earlier than even people on the standard american diet of Twinkies and fries. Many people on Ray Peat Forum are here because these low carb ideas you are proposing destroyed their health and Peat proposes the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Not talking about coffee right now, I would just like to see you refute his ideas on sugar. It seems you haven't really informed yourself about his research?

AlexanderCPPR

If that is true than Atkins should be alive and thriving right now. Yet he died at 72, way earlier than even people on the standard american diet of Twinkies and fries. Many people on Ray Peat Forum are here because these low carb ideas you are proposing destroyed their health and Peat proposes the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Not talking about coffee right now, I would just like to see you refute his ideas on sugar. It seems you haven't really informed yourself about his research?

I really doubt that mentioning a person would prove it's true or false. We know noting about that guy.

As we know that dr. Ray Peat looks very old and not very healthy and he surely follows his own diet.

Compared to a guy like Tom Cruise who looks like this at age of 52, defying common sense... we can say that Tom Cruise (check the photo below) has the best diet in the world, yet we don't know what he does to look like that.

Where are these people you speak of ? who got bad health from low carb ? all I see on keto forums and no carb forums, people who reverse gray hair and stop aging.

I mean, regarding carbs from grain is pure poison as gluten is bad, wheat is super dangerous.... why would someone even consider taking carbs from grains? it makes no sense.

SIIM LAND is a guy who promotes keto and studies this subject a lot,

he even builds muscle on keto/fasted and by far his students / followers get super results on low carb high fat...

check his post Siim Land on Instagram: “I've been doing intermittent fasting for 7 years and 4 years of it I've eaten only once a day Okay, like 90% of that time I'm eating one…”

What are we missing here... ?

Attachments

• tom-cruise-2 (1).jpg
    tom-cruise-2 (1).jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 32

boris

As we know that dr. Ray Peat looks very old and not very healthy and he surely follows his own diet.
Compared to a guy like Tom Cruise who looks like this at age of 52, defying common sense... we can say that Tom Cruise (check the photo below) has the best diet in the world, yet we don't know what he does to look like that.
You are comparing someone who's over 80 to someone in his 50s :lol:? I can tell you why Tom Cruise looks good. He has a low stress millionaire lifestyle and probably spends a good amount of time on private islands and the like.

Where are these people you speak of ? who got bad health from low carb ?

Me for one.

This forum is full of people who f***ed up their health from low carb diets. Just look around and read some posts here. A lot of people only find Peat after going through all kinds of ridiculous diet trends.

AlexanderCPPR

How is it going ill on low carb ? I know people who fast for years and look the same, there are tons of people on OMAD who reverse aging, there are tons of people on FASTING who slow down aging, studies shown increase in telomeres after fasted states... as we are repairing ourselves when in autophagy... why would one not fast ?! what is the evidence that makes you think it s bad ?

boris

It supresses thyroid function and raise stress hormones and a whole cascade of destructive events. Really you are best off just reading Peats articles and listen to his interviews and make up your own mind. I can't convince you.

Low Carb Diet – Death to Metabolism – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Edited: For me I couldn't fall asleep anymore. Felt my heartbeat through my whole body. No bowel movements, going to the toilet once a week. Always cold. Flaky skin falling off my face. Hairs falling out. Emaciation. Extreme brain fog. Twitching eyelids. And the list goes on..... According to keto gurus this was all DETOX and adaptive period.
I discovered Peat because I was researching manically why I couldn't fall asleep anymore because my heart felt like it will explode any minute.

I did keto only a few months. Before that years of intermittent fasting + low carb (sugar was the enemy) and my health was slowly declining, but on keto it went downhill fast.

Last edited:

AlexanderCPPR

I don't want to do that. I had read thousands of accounts who got healthy and reversed aging on low carb (and 0 grains)

I talk about evidence not theory, I Talk about people who noticed stuff, I spent months of reading testimonials on various forums to see which diet is best. I doubt really doubt that you had problems because of low carb... as you don't even share your story, so there is something fishy goin on..........

boris

What are you doing on Ray Peat forum if you don't want to read his articles?
They are pretty entertaining and they are fully referenced (there you have your evidence).

Last edited:

LuMonty

How is it going ill on low carb ? I know people who fast for years and look the same, there are tons of people on OMAD who reverse aging, there are tons of people on FASTING who slow down aging, studies shown increase in telomeres after fasted states... as we are repairing ourselves when in autophagy... why would one not fast ?! what is the evidence that makes you think it s bad ?
You're getting a lot of good feedback from some great posters here. They're trying to guide you to Ray's work so you can learn at your own pace instead of making a Reader's Digest version. Even just reading the first 5 articles on raypeat.com that look interesting would be a good guidestone.

Self ninja pre-post edit: Adding back in a comment I deleted while composing. @AlexanderCPPR if you're set on arguing your point, it may be a nice idea to post your main thoughts as a new topic post in the Anti-Peat section.

More on topic: I'm in my late twenties and have had a few grey hairs several times, as well as the hair around my temples turning white. I need a lot of copper (more than I can stomach in any form/food) because I have a laundry list of allergies. In fact, I'm about to get my bonded retainer out because it's allergenic. I'll try to remember to see if the grey hair I have turns back.

I can't eat liver enough for the copper, I get nauseous easily when I eat it. It's too bad because I love liver. Oysters are nice but any high zinc food is even worse. So I have a decent supplement, I think it only has two ingredients besides the copper. Because stainless steel is one of my allergies, I'm on the lookout for a portable copper cup like a travel mug or thermos.

If I can get my copper back in order, I'll see about some of the other ideas in this thread. Maybe for my folks, they've gone awfully grey starting in their early 50's (around 60 now).

Sofia

I had some gray hair and dont have them anymore. I took alot of minerals, copper and proteins. I am 36 year old, grey hair are gone forabout 10 years. My sister is younger 2 years, she has some gray hair, and she follows usuall diet, no supplements.

baccheion

I had some gray hair and dont have them anymore. I took alot of minerals, copper and proteins. I am 36 year old, grey hair are gone forabout 10 years. My sister is younger 2 years, she has some gray hair, and she follows usuall diet, no supplements.
What minerals were relevant? Any protein (meats, etc) or particular kinds?

EXCarni Lady

I am 53.5 years old and do not have one single grey hair, it's genetic, my mother who is 71 eats a crap diet and same with here, at 71 not a single grey hair. Of course there are other factors that come into play but it is largely genetic, just my opinion. Also I have had Hashi's diagnosed since I was 20.

Sofia

What minerals were relevant? Any protein (meats, etc) or particular kinds?
All minerals that are in a regular list to use: magnesium, calcium, copper, trace minerals, all i could get my hands on, and i went on high protein diet, a bit like keto, just lower in fat: pork, cheese, beef. ,supplements were generic, proteons cheap, some whey powder. I was dieting a lot before, and i went on higher calories, from 1400 to 1800/2000. It wasnt my goal , it just happened, i actually wanted more energy. Also Q10, carnitine,there was this website in my country homosanitus.lt, where they are big on minerals, they actually are against Pufas, but they are on keto side, but only saturated fat, also succinic acid, i didnt use that one. As i said, it was a side effect the return of hair color.

Birdie

My hair was getting gray when I first started following Ray Peat. I was using a blond rinse at that time. I'm not sure how long it took, but after less than a year, I found the blond rinse was no longer needed. I was surprised.

This is about 10 years later and I'm getting some pale gray, but it still looks, overall blond. I am not following his advice as thoroughly as I was. But, also, I am 75 now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals