Magnesium Made A Grey Hair Return To Normal Colour

Herbie

Hi,

I had some milk of magnesia by San Pellegrino which has magnesium and bicarb soda in it and took it for 5 days and noticed the one grey hair on my head has returned to normal colour, Ive noticed some others mentioning it in different threads, this is what got me to look for the grey hair, nice surprise.

I would recommend topical magnesium, I did get pretty bloated in the stomach from it.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

When you say topical magnesium, what do you actually take?

I drank a powder its magnesium hydroxide and it made my stomach bloated as others have experienced, next time I would buy from magnesium from idealabs.

Repas du soir

I put magnesium chloride mixed with baking soda under my armpits. Makes a hell of a mess, but I actually feel the effect pretty instantly compared to just spraying it on my legs. I coat my armpits with a little bit of coconut oil beforehand to prevent any itching from the salts.

I haven't tried epsom salt footbaths yet.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I put magnesium chloride mixed with baking soda under my armpits. Makes a hell of a mess, but I actually feel the effect pretty instantly compared to just spraying it on my legs. I coat my armpits with a little bit of coconut oil beforehand to prevent any itching from the salts.

I haven't tried epsom salt footbaths yet.

Great, I already use baking soda for deodorant, ill give the magnesia a try.

Repas du soir

Great, I already use baking soda for deodorant, ill give the magnesia a try.

Someone on this forum recommended it, but I can't remember in what thread. I have only done this with magnesium oil (mag chloride), so I don't know how well hydroxide would work. Give us an update if you notice any effect.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Someone on this forum recommended it, but I can't remember in what thread. I have only done this with magnesium oil (mag chloride), so I don't know how well hydroxide would work. Give us an update if you notice any effect.

Will do in regards to noticing if its absorbing. I just read that magnesium hydroxide is used in anti perspirant deodorants.

Glassy

I made a magnesium chloride spray and put it in a fancy spritzer bottle (from a health food shop). I use it as a deodorant and it seems to do pretty well. I accidentally spritzed my nipple and felt an intense burning later in the day. Took me a while to put 2 and 2 together.

I put some drops of cedar oil in for smell (left over from my home made beard balm). Works well (i assume essential oils have PUFAs but don’t care too much given the volume). Just keep it off ya nips

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi,

I had some milk of magnesia by San Pellegrino which has magnesium and bicarb soda in it and took it for 5 days and noticed the one grey hair on my head has returned to normal colour, Ive noticed some others mentioning it in different threads, this is what got me to look for the grey hair, nice surprise.

I would recommend topical magnesium, I did get pretty bloated in the stomach from it.
Mmmm.. I’ve been using the idealabs Mg.. I do love it and I generally just rub it all over my stomach before bed.. grey hair.. I’ll have to check the patch I’ve got..
do you reckon proximity is important? I guess I could rub it along my hair line..
Anyone else done something along these lines??

i dont think that's possible, hairs grow out of your head take time to grow out, the hair doesn't change color from the root onward, the hair would grow out a different color

tara

and took it for 5 days and noticed the one grey hair on my head has returned to normal colour
Are you sure the one grey hair didn't just fall out? :)

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Are you sure the one grey hair didn't just fall out? :)

Lol I can’t be sure, it’s definitely MIA.

I’ll report back in a month and see if this elusive hair returns or not.

kayumochi

Back in 2006, my hair began to grey - suddenly. People I knew would glance out of the corner of their eye to get another look. A few brave souls commented. The woman who cut my hair seemed dumbfounded it could happen so quickly. Then it just as quickly returned to its normal color. I can't explain it.