Niacinamide (B3) And It's Relation To Pantothenic Acid (B5) For Hair Loss?

Progesterone

Hi,

Long story short, I (and many others on acne.org forum) have taken mega doses (5-10g a day of Vitamin B5) for a few weeks to months, and the result has been hair shedding, thinning, lasting indefinitely for some, even years later. (WOMEN TOO)!

So naturally, I am worried about using another B vitamin in heavy dosage (Niacinamide).

Can someone please explain how Niacinamide (B3) differs from B5?

Also, shot in the dark but would theoretically mega dosing B5, alter B3 levels? I know it does alter B7 (Biotin) and whatnot..

There shouldn't be any harm to the hair (hopefully not benefits) dosing Niacinamide @ 1g a day?

Thanks!

Soren

Forum Supporter
From my own experience, I am always weary of "mega-dosing" anything. Better to start off with low doses and let the body slowly acclimatize to new substances and adjust accordingly to individual needs.

I'll leave it to others to explain Niacinamide in more detail but I personally don't think there would be any harm to 1g of Niacinamide a day.

Pointless

2 g niacinamide is the tolerable upper limit. Ray Peat recommend moderate doses, which is something like 50 -100 mg I think?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom