Gray Hair REVERSAL ! WE`RE ALMOST THERE GUYS ! We Can Do It !

boris

Didn't Peat use copper acetate though to remineralize that eyebrow hair in his experiment? I have no clue about chemistry but searching google copper acetate shows the blue stuff.

Fexxx

I used the Mitosynergy SuperStrenght Caps and some months later the powder also. It did nothing for my low Ceruloplasmin and Copper. And yes i followed their root cause protocol. Very disappointing.

mouse

I used the Mitosynergy SuperStrenght Caps and some months later the powder also. It did nothing for my low Ceruloplasmin and Copper. And yes i followed their root cause protocol. Very disappointing.

Did you find anything that worked for your low copper? Were your vitamin D and estradiol levels adequate?

Fexxx

@mouse

Yes, vit d levels are fine. I have a kind of adrenal Fatique and low hormones. So I'm trying to fix that with thyroid/Prog now and are hoping that my Ceruloplasmin will work better...
I also eat beefliver and use Cocoa regularly. So I believe Coppersources i should have enough and the issue must be a storage problem.

I also tried all the liver cleanse supps but it did also nothing in this case.

mouse

@mouse

Yes, vit d levels are fine. I have a kind of adrenal Fatique and low hormones. So I'm trying to fix that with thyroid/Prog now and are hoping that my Ceruloplasmin will work better...
I also eat beefliver and use Cocoa regularly. So I believe Coppersources i should have enough and the issue must be a storage problem.

I also tried all the liver cleanse supps but it did also nothing in this case.

Do you have any strategy for dealing with the high lead content of cocoa?

Inaut

I was blaming milk for acne as I was making chocolate milk with cocoa powder. Since I've cut out the cocoa but maintained milk, my acne is clearing up...
I like cocoa so much especially for coppaz

CrystalClear

Sorry I cannot believe this one after reading thousands of accounts on hair / caffeine experiences / dairy, I`m 100% coffee will only cause grey hair and destruction of skin.

Balanced coffee along with the other basic Peat approaches are working for my hair because stress has been reduced and I am taking in far more nutrients now. I have kept hair samples of individual strands so the repigmentation can be seen.

Haidut has posted several studies of late showing how different aspects of "aging" have been discovered to be reversible just by getting nutritional factors on point. I am 60 and hypothyroid. Little by little over time I am seeing subtle improvements. My hair subtly recolouring is one of them. But feel free to disbelieve me if you must.

Fascinating content mr. Axor !

with all due respect to the Ray peat forum and brilliant Ray Peat himself,

I tend to agree with Axor on this one, caffeine does cause aging and somehow gray hair aswell, I'm not sure how yet but during my holiday in brazil I drank tons of coffe, exactly that time my grays doubled and I got wrinkled. Each time I went to brasil I drank tons of coffe, when I was home after a few months I noticed I was looking older. I am not sure why, all I can find is this study so far : Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts. - PubMed - NCBI

I want to reverse gray hair, I will try everything on this thread, if anyone has anymore info... please do share

blessings

CrystalClear

I want to reverse gray hair, I will try everything on this thread, if anyone has anymore info... please do share

blessings
Is your liver healthy? Did you drink coffee the way Dr Peat recommends? I find I can only drink a small amount of coffee in the morning, as my liver is not fully healed. Coffee is still in my system at night and can cause stress due to the metabolic stimulation if not enough fuel is available. Keeping stress down, increasing nutrients has helped my hair to start recolouring.

Alright guys, after 2 months of intense research I have finally found how coffee causes gray hair, indeed the OP was right

It is the homocysteine pathway > coffee causes huge levels of homocysteine inside the blood / body and that causes hydrogen peroxyde accumulation > super-rapid aging.

IT is clear to me now that coffee causes gray hair and wrinkles and probably even worse, worse worse things.

My claims and sources :

Coffee drinking elevates plasma homocysteine and risk factors for coronary heart disease

Possible mechanisms of homocysteine toxicity - ScienceDirect

Coffee drinking increases levels of urinary hydrogen peroxide detected in healthy human volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

Goobz

Alright guys, after 2 months of intense research I have finally found how coffee causes gray hair, indeed the OP was right

It is the homocysteine pathway > coffee causes huge levels of homocysteine inside the blood / body and that causes hydrogen peroxyde accumulation > super-rapid aging.

IT is clear to me now that coffee causes gray hair and wrinkles and probably even worse, worse worse things.

My claims and sources :

Coffee drinking elevates plasma homocysteine and risk factors for coronary heart disease

Possible mechanisms of homocysteine toxicity - ScienceDirect

Coffee drinking increases levels of urinary hydrogen peroxide detected in healthy human volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

Maybe you need to eat more methyl donors such as choline / betaine / b12 / folate? Homocysteine is generally kept under control with these. I can't imagine the Hcy from coffee would be much of a problem if you were taking a betaine supplement (reliably lowers elevated homocysteine).

I had high ish homocysteine for a while (due to taking an AI i suspect, as estrogen is needed for endogenous choline production), when I wasn't drinking coffee. I got it under control with consuming these methyl donors. I now drink more coffee, and despite the coffee, my Hcy was much lower when I last tested it.

Then again, maybe coffee can cause a temporary uplift in Hcy which causes changes in the body, but doesn't show up on tests.

I doubt coffee is that much of a culprit for homocysteine though, as coffee has been shown to be hugely protective of the liver. In alcoholics who also drink coffee, the incidence of severe liver damage is greatly reduced.

md_a

Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-20: Stimulates hair pigmentation, prevents, delays or reverses the hair greying process

CONCLUSION:
The current findings demonstrate the ability of the biomimetic PTP20 peptide to preserve the function of follicular melanocytes. The present results suggest potential cosmetic application of this newly designed agonist of α-MSH to promote hair pigmentation and thus, reduce the hair greying process.

Efficacy of an agonist of α-MSH, the palmitoyl tetrapeptide-20, in hair pigmentation. - PubMed - NCBI

Error - Cookies Turned Off

mrchibbs

On the KMUD shows, copper in the form of shellfish weekly was attested to have stopped the gray hair progression for one of the talk show hosts. The places in the world where 90y.olds can be found still with darkly pigmented hair are often coastal areas where lots of seafood is eaten in a traditional way, this may be changing with the oceans being contaminated.

RP also mentioned DHEA as an anti-graying agent, I think rubbing it into the scalp could help, but ultimately, eating lots of shellfish and little red meat for a few months during summer should help a lot

baccheion

Grape juice fast has been said to reverse grays. Gerson therapy.

Need more catalase. Something is leading to an excess of hydrogen peroxide. Copper deficiency can cause such an event, due to unchecked/excess iron. Iron deficiency can also have a similar effect (catalase is a heme enzyme).

Selenium clips peroxyl radicals before the event and is associated with glutathione peroxidase.

"Zinc results in increased abundance of hydrogen peroxide"

mrchibbs

Grape juice fast has been said to reverse grays. Gerson therapy.

Need more catalase. Something is leading to an excess of hydrogen peroxide. Copper deficiency can cause such an event, due to unchecked/excess iron. Iron deficiency can also have a similar effect (catalase is a heme enzyme).

Selenium clips peroxyl radicals before the event and is associated with glutathione peroxidase.

"Zinc results in increased abundance of hydrogen peroxide"

I think labelling out Zinc as the culprit in graying is not quite right.
In orthomolecular medecine, deepening of hair colour on zinc supplementation was a common thing.
Zinc/Copper and selenium and other act on a very fundamental level of energy production, that's why I think sourcing the best seafood/shellfish and more variety than just oysters is probably the best bet to keep the hair pigment, without going nots on supplements.

baccheion

I think labelling out Zinc as the culprit in graying is not quite right.
In orthomolecular medecine, deepening of hair colour on zinc supplementation was a common thing.
Zinc/Copper and selenium and other act on a very fundamental level of energy production, that's why I think sourcing the best seafood/shellfish and more variety than just oysters is probably the best bet to keep the hair pigment, without going nots on supplements.
Zinc also increases catalase activity. Just pointing out it could likely be due to increase H2O2.

Many many things seem to increase catalase. Most antioxidants. It appears grey hair is associated with oxidative stress and balding with inflammation/stress.

mrchibbs

Zinc also increases catalase activity. Just pointing out it could likely be due to increase H2O2.

Many many things seem to increase catalase. Most antioxidants. It appears grey hair is associated with oxidative stress and balding with inflammation/stress.

I think both balding and grey hair are symptoms of stress to the hair, and greying/miniaturization is an adaptation to reduced energy.

David PS

Broken man

I don't know about the subtle anecdotes you guys posted about what I said on genes, but I do have a feeling that we were ' PROGRAMMED ' to age, and that our genes are set this way, maybe some do know how to hack this already
I think that this is true little bit.