My hair regrowth success

theantagonist

Just a quick post to help anyone out there wanting to regrow their hair.

A lot of things have stopped my hair loss: Preg, prog, dhea, dht etc.

Only one thing has regrown my hair and increased beard growth = Massive amounts of sugar.

Went through some difficult financial times. Had to cut back on a lot of things. Including diet and supps.

The only thing i ate/drank (2 months), 2-3 liters of Chocolate milk (with added sugar), coffee with added sugar, potatoes (mashed potatoes, air fried with coconut oil)

Regrew:
1 cm of lost temple area (75% regrow)
1 cm of lost temple area (25% regrow)

Dandruff disappeared completely

What i would change:

Replace sugar: either 100% honey. or a syrup (equal parts: honey, water, sugar)
add Liver
add oyster
add niacinamide

Last edited:
OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

What type of chocolate milk did you use?
Some grocery store brand Choco mix nothing great or organic. It did have added vitamins + calcium and magnesium.
Doubt the vitamins/minerals to be of good quality

Peatful

Did you have a restrictive dietary history?

Do you know your daily kcal?
Before the sugar?
Than with the sugar?

Ive been pushing the ole eat more kcal agenda here for years.

Would love to know if it was an increase in calories
Or
Simply an increase in sugars

I also think balanced blood sugar is paramount as well
So i look forward to more data from you

Thank you

OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

Could you speak more about your supplement regiment that you took earlier? Timing and dosage?

You mention hair regrowth. Is this remission of a receding hairline or increased hair density as well

Difficult to say. I was on and off a lot off molecules (preg, progesterone, thyroid, methylene blue vitamin D, K, A)
If i would to point to one, it would be thyroid T3 and T4

Remission of receding hairline and increased hair density. I saw new hair sprouting along the hairline, and when going through my hair i could feel individual new short hairs growing in
Did you have a restrictive dietary history?

Do you know your daily kcal?
Before the sugar?
Than with the sugar?

Ive been pushing the ole eat more kcal agenda here for years.

Would love to know if it was an increase in calories
Or
Simply an increase in sugars

I also think balanced blood sugar is paramount as well
So i look forward to more data from you

Thank you

Dietary history: Minimal PUFA for 5 years, however was restricting sugar. Reintroduced sugar, regression stopped 1 year after sugar intrduction + peaty supplements.
Never bothered tracking caloric intake.
Could have been in a caloric surplus, gained some weight (3-4kg) but could have been from not working out too.

So increasing sugar and calories could be the biggest contributors

Peatful

Limon9

Refreshingly simple. It should be noted that you went very low on iron at that time too. Somewhat cliche observation, but it can be challenging to eat enough on a liquidy fruit type of diet. Sweetening the milk definitely helps.

OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

Refreshingly simple. It should be noted that you went very low on iron at that time too.

True, probably low on a lot of stuff (selenium, copper, Vit D etc) Just an interesting observation that hair responds that well to sugar.
+ i've had little exposure to the sun, with winter.
Excited for sugar + peaty supps + DHT + SUN. I think that's gonna regrow everything

dreamcatcher

True, probably low on a lot of stuff (selenium, copper, Vit D etc) Just an interesting observation that hair responds that well to sugar.
+ i've had little exposure to the sun, with winter.
Excited for sugar + peaty supps + DHT + SUN. I think that's gonna regrow everything
Chocolate is high in copper.

OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

Chocolate is high in copper.
True, but it probably depends on quality and where it's grown. In my case, the quality is very poor. So would 20 grams of low fat, low quality cacao sustain healthy copper levels? Couldn't say for sure. But it might be contributing factor, Thanks @dreamcatcher

jameske

Could it be that your sugar restriction caused your hair loss and then ending the restriction caused the hair to return? It would be an interesting experiment to see if middle aged men not restricting sugar and losing hair could regrow with a suitable addition of sugar in their diet.

Ben.

chocolate in sufficient amounts as with chocolate milk for example seems to increase stem cell activity. If i remember correctly twice as high in controls in a one month period or so by drinking high % cocoa (hot chocolate) twice a day. I think david made a post about it:

Apple

Could it be that your sugar restriction caused your hair loss and then ending the restriction caused the hair to return? It would be an interesting experiment to see if middle aged men not restricting sugar and losing hair could regrow with a suitable addition of sugar in their diet.
I think the OP is 29 yo by now... He is using Preg, prog, dhea, dht , t4 and t3, but attributes his hair regrowth to sugar. :rolling
Let's wait for 15 years more , hehe

OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

I think the OP is 29 yo by now... He is using Preg, prog, dhea, dht , t4 and t3, but attributes his hair regrowth to sugar. :rolling
Let's wait for 15 years more , hehe
Using (on and off, ) preg prog, dhea, etc. stopped my hairloss. (T3/4 was the only supplement with consistency) That was 1,5 years ago. Stopped most supplements 6-9 months ago. Only thing i took on a consistent basis was aspirin

2 months ago was the start of the high sugar diet. I have taken zero supplements since then. (not even aspirin) Almost all of my regrowth has occurred in this period.

For anyone interested in the subject of hair regrowth. This is my experience/experiment, i share it because i couldn't believe it myself, that something so common as sugar could have such an impact on my hair. Do with the information as you wish, i am not here to convince you of anything.

OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

My sugar restriction was a long time ago. I restricted sugar from 16-22. (28 now)

I think scalp stiffness, calcification, increases the longer you've lost your hair. This could make regrowth more difficult. And i doubt sugar is 'strong' enough.
If i were completely bald. I would switch over to a peaty diet, high in sugar. Then take minoxidil to start the progress. I believe this diet would then sustain the new hairs. And you won't lose them. I think that's why people lose their hair after minoxidil. The environment is still unhealthy and unable to support the new hairs.

OP
theantagonist

theantagonist

chocolate in sufficient amounts as with chocolate milk for example seems to increase stem cell activity. If i remember correctly twice as high in controls in a one month period or so by drinking high % cocoa (hot chocolate) twice a day. I think david made a post about it:

Interesting. I was drinking about 3 liters of chocolate milk a day (low fat 2%)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals