Has Anyone Here Had Success With Minoxidil?

Progesterone

I use 1mg per day prescribed by my hair restoration surgeon. I don't see any side effects of note at this point after 18 months. I still think there is a safer way but I am afraid to lose my hair again if I quit just yet. My hair loss has stopped as far as I can tell.

Do you mind telling us which Surgeon?

Luckytype

I use 1mg per day prescribed by my hair restoration surgeon. I don't see any side effects of note at this point after 18 months. I still think there is a safer way but I am afraid to lose my hair again if I quit just yet. My hair loss has stopped as far as I can tell.

By chance did you have an idea of your thyroid or hormonal health before the transplant?

Hiwatt

By chance did you have an idea of your thyroid or hormonal health before the transplant?

Good question. My bloodwork never suggested hypothyroid and when I had the hair transplants I didn't know about all this information. I added some pro thyroid anti estrogen strategies about 2 months ago because I suspected borderline low thyroid. My core temps were in the 97 area and I felt estrogenic. Now I am am ~ 98.6 with this bump.

Since then I dropped all prescription depression/anxiety meds and add some TYROMAX to my regimen. I feel something positive is happening overall but it is difficult to say for sure. My hair loss is stable and the 2nd transplant is growing in nicely. The 2 FUT transplants put me back in the game like 15 years hairwise and I am doing the rest nutritionally to see if I can get hair to strengthen and thicken. I don't think I can grow all my hair back through hormone correction but it certainly can be stabilized, strengthened and density can be increased. Also the anagen growing phase can be restored to a more normal time frame IMHO.

A good hair transplant or two can get the ball rolling. I just don't see being able to achieve a result without using both a transplant and nutritional strategy. The gains would be modest.

tallglass13

@Hiwatt , oh ok thanks, I'm surprised you haven't seen a lot of new hair growth from the 2 meds. good luck. and that incredible you don't have any sexual sides. Minoxidl made me dizzy and short of breath.

golder

Good question. My bloodwork never suggested hypothyroid and when I had the hair transplants I didn't know about all this information. I added some pro thyroid anti estrogen strategies about 2 months ago because I suspected borderline low thyroid. My core temps were in the 97 area and I felt estrogenic. Now I am am ~ 98.6 with this bump.

Since then I dropped all prescription depression/anxiety meds and add some TYROMAX to my regimen. I feel something positive is happening overall but it is difficult to say for sure. My hair loss is stable and the 2nd transplant is growing in nicely. The 2 FUT transplants put me back in the game like 15 years hairwise and I am doing the rest nutritionally to see if I can get hair to strengthen and thicken. I don't think I can grow all my hair back through hormone correction but it certainly can be stabilized, strengthened and density can be increased. Also the anagen growing phase can be restored to a more normal time frame IMHO.

A good hair transplant or two can get the ball rolling. I just don't see being able to achieve a result without using both a transplant and nutritional strategy. The gains would be modest.
How is your hair now man? Have you had any good findings/developments? What is your current regime?