Anyone Had Success With Reversal Of Grey Hair?

GreekGod

I m in my mid 60 s and at most about 10 percent grey. Things I find helpful myself. Outdoor soil grown wheatgrass juice in summer and chlorophyll supplements in fall and winter. I ll attach the brand I ve used to reverse it.

Other things I do that seem to help, I take lugols iodine drops on a pretty regular basis, and about 500 mg of vitamin c w about 100 mg of grey sea salt. Some women I know have had success w pueraria mirifica which is a phyto estrogen.

Tyrosine seems to help darken the hair that's brown but doesnt seem to effect the greys much at all.

Attachments

• 20230125_082524.jpg
    20230125_082524.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 24

peatmoss

@GreekGod interesting.. I've noticed that during the warmer months when grass is accessible and I eat a handful that I feel a lot better and my brain works better. Have you ever compared chlorofresh with Wheatgrass juice powder? I've been thinking about getting some Wheatgrass juice powder to get me through the winter months but after your post I may try chlorofresh

ddjd

Probably already mentioned but I'm pretty sure A few rp forum people reversed grey hair with nettle tea. There's a thread on it

GreekGod

@GreekGod interesting.. I've noticed that during the warmer months when grass is accessible and I eat a handful that I feel a lot better and my brain works better. Have you ever compared chlorofresh with Wheatgrass juice powder? I've been thinking about getting some Wheatgrass juice powder to get me through the winter months but after your post I may try chlorofresh
I have tried things like freeze dried wheatgrass and barley grass , spirulina chlorella but the results really weren't that good, at least for me. I have done some fresh sprouts like broccolli, and alfalfa and they seemed to help sonewhat. Beet juice seemed to also be helpful. It's a powerful detoxer I believe. The clorofresh seemed to start working within days. I took 3 caps per day.

Sundog

Probably already mentioned but I'm pretty sure A few rp forum people reversed grey hair with nettle tea. There's a thread on it
Per ddjd's post Rinse & rePeat had a thread on The Root Of Gray Hair (listed below for similar threads) She used Nature's Way Nettle Leaf capsules with great results - she included before and after pics.

Birdie

When I had followed Ray's advice for about 4 months, not sure how long it was, I was surprised that my graying hair was blond again. My hair hadn't been solid gray, but I had been using a blond rinse about once a month for quite a while, maybe two years. I was surprised to see it didn't need any blond rinse any more.

It's been about 12 years now. My hair has gotten lighter. I have gray streaks in one small area that doesn't show up overall. But mostly it's still blond. I was 79 a month ago, so kinda amazing I think. I'm this old lady with long blond hair...

Wow! I notice @Rinse & rePeat has long hair too...and some others too I think. (I've always been a fan of women having longer hair. Looks like RP is helpful for this!)
I have given my hair a good trimming, myself, this past month (photo), but at sixty I still don’t color my hair, besides using some raw honey once every couple of months. Before finding Ray Peat six years ago, my hair was getting a lot of gray hair, thick gray ones, and wiry ones, especially on the underside of my hair. Reducing tryptophan, PUFA’s and getting more sunshine, and adding in bone broth, high biotin foods like egg yolks and copper foods have also been helpful. Even my eyebrows got thicker and darker.

1700669002779.jpeg

Peater

I have given my hair a good trimming, myself, this past month (photo), but at sixty I still don’t color my hair, besides using some raw honey once every couple of months. Before finding Ray Peat six years ago, my hair was getting a lot of gray hair, thick gray ones, and wiry ones, especially on the underside of my hair. Reducing tryptophan, PUFA’s and getting more sunshine, and adding in bone broth, high biotin foods like egg yolks and copper foods have also been helpful. Even my eyebrows got thicker and darker.

View attachment 58450

It must be satisfying to know it's 'all natural'. No dyes or extensions and whatever other products there are now!

It must be satisfying to know it's 'all natural'. No dyes or extensions and whatever other products there are now!
My hair isn’t always the most glamorous in the room, since I don’t use hairspray or do anything fancy with it, but it does take years off of my looks. Admittedly I do sometimes get frustrated when I am around women with the extensions and expensive salon treatments, because I work so hard to get mine naturally, and it seems like cheating to me, but I have to put myself in “time out” and be happy for myself and keep that negativity away.

Peater

My hair isn’t always the most glamorous in the room, since I don’t use hairspray or do anything fancy with it, but it does take years off of my looks. Admittedly I do sometimes get frustrated when I am around women with the extensions and expensive salon treatments, because I work so hard to get mine naturally, and it seems like cheating to me, but I have to put myself in “time out” and be happy for myself and keep that negativity away.

It is cheating - remember your health and vitality is real whereas theirs is quite literally 'skin deep'!

It is cheating - remember your health and vitality is real whereas theirs is quite literally 'skin deep'!
I do have more energy and cheer than anyone else I am around which I think makes my hair seem a little blonder! You know I am wondering now if my using Milk Of Magnesia for my deodorant may play a part too in my less grays?

Peater

I do have more energy and cheer than anyone else I am around which I think makes my hair seem a little blonder! You know I am wondering now if my using Milk Of Magnesia for my deodorant may play a part too in my less grays?

Possibly, I think it's probably a combination of getting a lot of smaller things right (That add up into a big 'whole) rather than just one thing.

Possibly, I think it's probably a combination of getting a lot of smaller things right (That add up into a big 'whole) rather than just one thing.
For sure! I noticed last year, and the year before, that I was getting more gray from stress, and from more grains I think too, needing those shortcuts. Now I take the time to make myself a proper healthy meal with shrimp, beef stew and chicken broth soups and I fry myself up a couple of corn and soy feee egg yolks once or twice a day and have it with raw buckwheat honey for a good natural boost of minerals.

Peater

For sure! I noticed last year, and the year before, that I was getting more gray from stress, and from more grains I think too, needing those shortcuts. Now I take the time to make myself a proper healthy meal with shrimp, beef stew and chicken broth soups and I fry myself up a couple of corn and soy feee egg yolks once or twice a day and have it with raw buckwheat honey for a good natural boost of minerals.

If I ever make it to California I know where I am going for lunch...!

@Peater
If I ever make it to California I know where I am going for lunch...!

Yes stop on by! Here is what has been on my recent seasonal menu!

Attachments

• 7DF12178-D1DA-4F77-8E5E-A4593EA8BE9E.jpeg
    7DF12178-D1DA-4F77-8E5E-A4593EA8BE9E.jpeg
    909.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 4ADB5A5D-C015-4FA7-8CDE-0E13191FFCED.jpeg
    4ADB5A5D-C015-4FA7-8CDE-0E13191FFCED.jpeg
    851 KB · Views: 14
  • BCEF3139-5697-466C-B3AC-0B392C809E8C.jpeg
    BCEF3139-5697-466C-B3AC-0B392C809E8C.jpeg
    983.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 60F7C1B1-4C1D-4B05-8565-A2305D669AB0.jpeg
    60F7C1B1-4C1D-4B05-8565-A2305D669AB0.jpeg