Topical pine pollen

frankmp0

It's well known that pine pollen is a fantastic source of phyto androgens, and those are better absorbed sublingually than orally, so tinctures are preferred over powder. I tried the tincture, and it definitely worked, way more erections and stronger morning wood, but having high concentrations of alcohol in the mouth seems intuitively bad to me, so I stopped using it. I had an idea. What if you took pine pollen powder and put it into a lotion with grass fed beef tallow and then applied it to the testicles? For a while now I have been applying tallow to my testicles for the vitamin content, I have no reason to believe it works but I like the idea of it. I think it was @hansamato who said that the testicles have higher concentrations of 5AR, so applying DHEA straight on there would be more beneficial than topical DHEA in other places.

What do you guys think of this? I think that topical androgens straight on the testicles might actually be more bioavailable than sublingual, just because of the fat solubility and the ability of testicles to absorb things very well.

A teaspoon is the amount needed orally, so that's probably way more than enough for topical administration. If / when I try this, i will probably do 3/4 tsp per application.
@JamesGatz

Glacier_Sama

I used Pine Pollen tincture on the testicles. Didn't notice an extreme effect. Have also used it sublingual and powder form.

Stopped using it because it contains Beta-sitosterol a powerful 5-alpha reductase inhibitor

OP
F

frankmp0

I used Pine Pollen tincture on the testicles. Didn't notice an extreme effect. Have also used it sublingual and powder form.

Stopped using it because it contains Beta-sitosterol a powerful 5-alpha reductase inhibitor
Really? Wouldn't the andro and DHEA have a bigger impact on DHT levels than the beta sitosterol? I feel like it must be a small amount, I saw huge changes when using sublingual pine pollen.

Also, I think it would probably absorb better if it was in a fatty cream than just the alcohol tincture.

Glacier_Sama

Really? Wouldn't the andro and DHEA have a bigger impact on DHT levels than the beta sitosterol? I feel like it must be a small amount, I saw huge changes when using sublingual pine pollen.

Also, I think it would probably absorb better if it was in a fatty cream than just the alcohol tincture.
Well, I believe that the way these 5AR inhibitors work is by being a similar shape as a testosterone molecule. So the Beta-sitosterol chemical would attach to 5alpha reductase enzymes, basically leaving less available enzymes to convert Testosterone into DHT.

I'm not sure of the amounts of Beta-sitosterol in Pine Pollen, But I watched a video from Lost Empire Herbs, one of the top sellers of PP and they (thinking this is a positive thing) mentioned that PP should inhibit DHT.

Osukhan

Well, I believe that the way these 5AR inhibitors work is by being a similar shape as a testosterone molecule. So the Beta-sitosterol chemical would attach to 5alpha reductase enzymes, basically leaving less available enzymes to convert Testosterone into DHT.

I'm not sure of the amounts of Beta-sitosterol in Pine Pollen, But I watched a video from Lost Empire Herbs, one of the top sellers of PP and they (thinking this is a positive thing) mentioned that PP should inhibit DHT.
interesting, thanks for the info... another thing to learn about....

Sumbody

It's well known that pine pollen is a fantastic source of phyto androgens, and those are better absorbed sublingually than orally, so tinctures are preferred over powder. I tried the tincture, and it definitely worked, way more erections and stronger morning wood, but having high concentrations of alcohol in the mouth seems intuitively bad to me, so I stopped using it. I had an idea. What if you took pine pollen powder and put it into a lotion with grass fed beef tallow and then applied it to the testicles? For a while now I have been applying tallow to my testicles for the vitamin content, I have no reason to believe it works but I like the idea of it. I think it was @hansamato who said that the testicles have higher concentrations of 5AR, so applying DHEA straight on there would be more beneficial than topical DHEA in other places.

What do you guys think of this? I think that topical androgens straight on the testicles might actually be more bioavailable than sublingual, just because of the fat solubility and the ability of testicles to absorb things very well.

A teaspoon is the amount needed orally, so that's probably way more than enough for topical administration. If / when I try this, i will probably do 3/4 tsp per application.
@JamesGatz
I too have noticed an instant erection effect from PP sublingualy in the past. Typically within about 20 min of administration. Doesn't happen everytime, but when it does Its easily attributed to that.

But I think Peat has cautioned in the past about placing oily or fatty substances on the testicles as it can have an effect on natural processes taking place in that region. So over time, it could perhaps mess with things.

I feel like sublingual application might have a more profound effect due to the ability to circulate in the blood stream easier, getting to places that are required for those processes to happen. Perhaps areas of the brain, organs, etc, might be reached easier as opposed to testicle application alone, despite the absorbability of that particular tissue.

OP
F

frankmp0

I too have noticed an instant erection effect from PP sublingualy in the past. Typically within about 20 min of administration. Doesn't happen everytime, but when it does Its easily attributed to that.

But I think Peat has cautioned in the past about placing oily or fatty substances on the testicles as it can have an effect on natural processes taking place in that region. So over time, it could perhaps mess with things.

I feel like sublingual application might have a more profound effect due to the ability to circulate in the blood stream easier, getting to places that are required for those processes to happen. Perhaps areas of the brain, organs, etc, might be reached easier as opposed to testicle application alone, despite the absorbability of that particular tissue.
Yeah, but I'm not sure how to sublingual without the alcohol. My reasoning was that there is so much 5ar directly in the testicles that the androgens would be very well absorbed and converted to dht.

Do you have any idea why he thought that? Do you have the video? I've been applying tallow to my testicles for a while now, to try and change the cell membrane composition to a more saturated state, and to get fat soluble vitamins.

Sumbody

Do you have any idea why he thought that? Do you have the video? I've been applying tallow to my testicles for a while now, to try and change the cell membrane composition to a more saturated state, and to get fat soluble vitamins.
Someone else on the forum might be able to point you in that direction. Or you may find that info through the search feature.

But as others pointed out above, Secrets of The Tribe makes a PP tincture without alcohol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals