Drinking Pepsi/Coke freely is androgenic for males, enlarges testicles, ups testosterone

Jo Ro

Personally I prefer RC Cola, a bit hard to find though. I wonder if that will still spike my testosterone.
Don't know about in your area, but my local Dollar Trees often carry 2 liters for $1.25. About as cheap as it gets.

Nfinkelstein

What else are they eating/drinking?
ok let me be more specific. In my life I have never met a committed cola drinker who appeared healthy or in good shape. Maybe someone on this forum (please post pics, because if you drink a lot of cola I bet you're fat and/or have wretched looking skin) will prove to be the exception. Occasionally a study is referenced (like in this thread) that is interesting but only in a qualified sense --- way too short term and leaving more questions unanswered than not.

nymuscle89

Why did it rise with Water as Control Group aswell though? Seems weird although I do love Coca Cola daily

DonLore

Interesting finding but doesn't mean it's healthy to do it long term, unless you are adding a crap load of vitamin/mineral cofactors that support the push in metabolism. I can imagine just adding unrestricted amount of coca cola to a standard western diet would eventually deplete nutritional stores over time, causing the person to crash and burn.

I see granulated sugar as more of a supplement really.
I actually dont understand the hype for white sugar on this forum.
Its just tasteless, nutritionally devoid processed product. Meanwhile, molasses have huge amounts of magnesium, potassium, Anti-oxidants, uridine, B6, and so on. And the taste is far, far superior to white sugar..

S.Holmes

"Fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose, so this means that eating ORDINARY SUGAR, sucrose (a disaccharide, consisting of glucose and fructose), in place of starch, WILL REDUCE THE TENDENCY TO STORE FAT." - Ray Peat

dukesbobby777

Its just tasteless, nutritionally devoid processed product. Meanwhile, molasses have huge amounts of magnesium, potassium, Anti-oxidants, uridine, B6, and so on. And the taste is far, far superior to white sugar..

How does it taste compared to say, maple syrup or honey, and how do you eat it?

DonLore

How does it taste compared to say, maple syrup or honey, and how do you eat it?
Its good in cold and hot drinks, and many recipes include it too. Ice coffee? Perfect in it. Hot chocolate? Also perfect. In milk. In lemonade. In some smoothies. On pancakes or any other dessert. Mix it with bananas, cacao powder and eggs and cook.
It tastes really caramel like, rich and strong taste

:M :B.

View: https://youtu.be/cnYUfhfVdsQ

32:35 minute mark Ray explains white sugar is "freedom from toxins and inflammation". We can get all the minerals from safer sources.

:M :B.

I'm not sure Peat is advocating for refined white sugar here.
Oh ya you're right, he's saying staying away from the brown substances is freedom from toxins and inflammation. my bad. Well we all know he likes white sugar. the whiter the better.

Veritas IV

Probably due to some of the things we've read about it. Things ranging from processing contaminations in the past, high iron content, burnt sugars etc. If one is to buy molasses then organic unsulphured, lower iron content, and if possible slightly lighter colored product would be the one to choose. I've always used it btw, on occasion, am more careful with the brands now. Am also more partial to honey and maple syrup when seeking alternates to white sugar.

A partial list of decent brands: Blackstrap molasses brand comparison - Toxinless

DonLore

View: https://youtu.be/cnYUfhfVdsQ

32:35 minute mark Ray explains white sugar is "freedom from toxins and inflammation". We can get all the minerals from safer sources.

Yeah, except studies show that molasses and honey is far superior in blood sugar control, inflammation, etc. And molasses have so many beneficial substances like uridine and betaine and magnesium and B6. Where is the evidence it has "toxins and inflammation"?

Comstock

ok let me be more specific. In my life I have never met a committed cola drinker who appeared healthy or in good shape. Maybe someone on this forum (please post pics, because if you drink a lot of cola I bet you're fat and/or have wretched looking skin) will prove to be the exception. Occasionally a study is referenced (like in this thread) that is interesting but only in a qualified sense --- way too short term and leaving more questions unanswered than not.

N=1, I'm 5ft 9, weigh 120 lbs, and have averaged probably a Mexican coke a day for the last 5 years. My intake varies wildly, some days I'll have 4 or 5, some days I'll have none. I've never weighed more than 135 lbs. Generally toned. No skin issues. Won't post pics unfortunately, so take it fwiw.

Why did it rise with Water as Control Group aswell though? Seems weird although I do love Coca Cola daily

Good point, curious about this too.

Nfinkelstein

N=1, I'm 5ft 9, weigh 120 lbs, and have averaged probably a Mexican coke a day for the last 5 years. My intake varies wildly, some days I'll have 4 or 5, some days I'll have none. I've never weighed more than 135 lbs. Generally toned. No skin issues. Won't post pics unfortunately, so take it fwiw.
Well if you are female then I stand corrected, thanks for sharing. If you are male then you are absurdly underweight. Regarding cola drinking, I guess an exception would be people I knew back in university days, early twenties or late teens, could sometimes get away with what you are describing, probably not sustainable though.

laoa

What mexican coke are you all drinking? The coke here in mexico right now tastes like ***t and is laced with artificial sweetener.

Comstock

Well if you are female then I stand corrected, thanks for sharing. If you are male then you are absurdly underweight. Regarding cola drinking, I guess an exception would be people I knew back in university days, early twenties or late teens, could sometimes get away with what you are describing, probably not sustainable though.

I am male, and definitely underweight :laughing:. That being said, I've never had issues relating to weight, and have always been energetic and athletic. I'm in my late 20's. It definitely varies, as of right now, I haven't had coke in a week. But I have been eating a ton of caramel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals