To TCA300 : What Is Your Daily Regimen (diet And Supplements)?

Antonello

@Mito Yes My PUFA is higher and is currently at ~2.8 grams per day, but my calcium has risen to ~7200mg per day, which seems to increase my metabolism. Also my palmitic and stearic acid intake is way higher than before ( which are very stimulating). My temperature is still in the high 98's low 99's and pulse is 85-95 bpm. I dont think there is a difference that I can tell metabolism wise yet. If you would like I will keep you updated. Also a side note, my meat intake only consists of small amounts of liver, and maybe a few ounces of grassfed beef every few weeks. I'm basically living off of milk, and every few days some cheese.
Are you not concerned of copper deficiency? That's what I noticed on a milk diet

Koveras

No.. I'm very strict and watch my calories and weight closely, while adjusting calorie intake based on variations in my metabolism. My appitite has increased noticeably since increasing fat, but that could just be because my calcium, palmitic, and stearic acid intakes are much higher than before. On a low fat diet, I can comfortably lose weight on 2500 kcals, but on mostly 1% and lesser amounts of 2% milk @ 2700kcals has me 99.2° F and very hungry.

And just to clarify, Im not certain that low fat is what caused my issues. For whatever reason, I can't digest fructose/fructans and can't tolerate salicylates anymore.

Did you mention somewhere you thought there was a genetic issue related to the fructose digestion?

Jsaute21

Alright thanks for the clarification. I am wondering if you are experiencing acid reflux? I have heard a few people complain about that after consuming large amounts of orange juice in their diets.
Baking soda in OJ helps with this. It is also delicious.

T

tca300

But they have to be raw for keep the C content right?
Pasteurization loweres is a little but not completely. They have shown that with juices that are raw vs unpasteurized. This has been my diet for almost a year now and no scurvy to report. Maybe for fun I will check my urine like Ray has done and see how much I am excreting.

Koveras

Liver biopsy after the Doctor suspects it. I'm not sure if there are other ways.

Had some similar symptoms recently to what you've described.

I've been low PUFA for maybe 6 years now then started playing around with methionine/cysteine restriction right at the beginning of 2018

Noticed a big increase in metabolism from the latter change (although I'm sure it was part of everything else).

Because I wasn't eating much dairy at all to keep the methionine & cysteine low, I'd been taking a calcium supplement.

Changes intensified a bit when I started taking more B3.

Started to lose my ability to tolerate caffeine. Lowered the dose at first, then cut it out completely. Too stimulating. Didn't feel the same as any stress responses I've had in the past. Felt great.

Wasn't sleeping as much, didn't seem to need as much, but things kept getting a bit more intense and I started to get heart palpitations, was getting short of breath some times.

Knew the palpitations weren't from the usual suspects as I had those covered.

Some of those usual things (sugar, salt, magnesium) made things better in some ways but worse in others.

All in all think I'd given myself clinical or borderline clinical hypophosphatemia.

Think the worsening with sugar, salt, magnesium, food was basically a form of refeeding syndrome - insulin driving phosphate intracellularly and causing it to drop further.

Phosphate had already been on the bottom end of the reference range since picking up some things from Peat, then:

Combination of:
-Low phosphorous intake/especially low with the sulfur amino restriction (low grains, low meat, low dairy)
-High calcium intake + some vitamin D suppressing PTH
-Phosphate binders (fructose from food + B3)
-Good thyroid function

Switching the calcium supplement to a bone meal supplement that has a decent amount of phosphorous and increasing my dairy intake made an immediate difference.

That fixed all the main concerning immediate issues for me, and anything that slowed down my metabolism seemed to help as well.

For the time being am increasing my meat/sulfur intake ...think there's probably some connections between the way naked mole rats look and their longevity unfortunately lol.

Was curious about the biopsy though, whether they'd checked for some of the genetic issues or if they just noticed a back up of certain products and inferred an enzymatic deficiency from that.

Antonello

@tca300 I'm actually fructose intolerante too and my diet like yours consist of mostly milk and meat/fish.
I'm wondering if you can handle some leafy greens as they seems to be the only source of magnesium for balance all this calcium.

T

tca300

@tca300 I'm actually fructose intolerante too and my diet like yours consist of mostly milk and meat/fish.
I'm wondering if you can handle some leafy greens as they seems to be the only source of magnesium for balance all this calcium.
I dont know, I have zero desire, nor do I think eating vegetables of any kind is beneficial, other that for survival purposes.

T

tca300

@Koveras I told my doctor exactly what was going on, so he said he wanted to do some blood tests. About a week later he had me come in and said based on my results he thinks it's extremely important to to a liver biopsy as it could be a life threatening matter. I was insanely miserable so I didn't even question, as I figured it wasn't something to fuss about. After receiving the results from that he said I had extensive liver and most likely kidney damage ( which explained my kidney pain, especially when I took in a deep breath ), and ran me through all the info on fructans, etc.. that my body cannot completely process. He said if the enzyme had been completely absent I would have died a long time ago. :eek:

Im super grateful for keeping pufa extremely low and nutrition very high for so long as I think that is what allowed me to feel ok for most of the last decade of my life. But since removing it from my life completely, I cant honestly say I have ever felt this way.

I also realize my specific situation is pretty rare and not likely to be applicable to the majority of others.

Antonello

I dont know, I have zero desire, nor do I think eating vegetables of any kind is beneficial, other that for survival purposes.
I agree with you 100%
I feel intoxicated when I eat greens, I can even feel my liver start spasms

T

tca300

@tca300 Are you still using thyroid? If yes how much
No thyroid. I dropped all supplements except K2, magnesium bicarbonate, and occasional vitamin E, approximately when I started milk and liver almost a year ago. My temps, pulse, cholesterol level and sense of well being suggests robust thyroid function.

Antonello

No thyroid. I dropped all supplements except K2, magnesium bicarbonate, and occasional vitamin E, approximately when I started milk and liver almost a year ago. My temps, pulse, cholesterol level and sense of well being suggests robust thyroid function.
Can you share what dose of K2 and magnesium you take?
I'm getting symptoms of hypercalcaemia from this high milk diet

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals