Let's Work Together To Create A Working HairLoss Regimen

Undertone

Hi Guys,
I’m creating another post related to hair loss because I feel like there’s just too many conflicting info here and on the other forums,

I’m not necessarily what you call a peatarian but I believe 100% hair loss can be halted without the use of harmful chemicals.

I’m nowhere near a full recovery myself but I’ve managed to achieve pretty decent regrowth and stabilization of my hair loss. I came here looking for ways to fill my receding hairline back to a more mature shape, but it seems that even though people tend to provide great info or things to try (which is great!!) there’s just too many things mentioned and you end up confused and doing nothing (paralysis by analysis) or with a list of 70 supplements to try out.

So I’m creating this post to centralize everything that is considered crucial in the fight to reverse MPB.

First of all, here’s what really worked for me and basically of what consist my current regimen :
  • PerfectHairHealth massage regimen 20mins massages 2X daily
  • Paul Taylor’s compression exercises 3X 15mins daily
  • ZIX (topical zinc sulfate + B6P5P)
  • Daily sun exposure (underestimated!!)
  • Derminator II (micro-needling)
  • Ketoconazole 2% (nizoral)
So I would like this thread to be as clean as possible, please provide us with concrete steps or regimen to try out or that have worked for yourself, thanks!

If you have any questions please ask them in private, I don't want this thread to be 40 pages long :)

Hairfedup

I've not been following hairloss/regrowth for a while cuz I'm at NW5/6 and I believe there's no point for me, but great idea for a thread hope it does well. I think I saw someone say Dr Peat mentioned Tabasco/Hotsauce topically, sounds crazy but I wonder how effective it is.

skincareman

The cause of baldness is inflammation and poor blood circulation to the top of your scalp. On your sides you don't bald because the skin is deeper and blood is able to flow to remove the DHT that was released to deal with the inflamation. But on the top the skin is too thin so the blood doesn't flow and doesn't remove the DHT which is why propecia and RU work. So do something to remove blood circulation to your scalp if you want to regrow back your hair(like massage it) and you should probably also reduce inflammation. I was a almost nw4 and going back down to nw0.

brix

The cause of baldness is inflammation and poor blood circulation to the top of your scalp. On your sides you don't bald because the skin is deeper and blood is able to flow to remove the DHT that was released to deal with the inflamation. But on the top the skin is too thin so the blood doesn't flow and doesn't remove the DHT which is why propecia and RU work. So do something to remove blood circulation to your scalp if you want to regrow back your hair(like massage it) and you should probably also reduce inflammation. I was a almost nw4 and going back down to nw0.

You can't just say you went from bald to complete regrowth without pics.

postman

I've not been following hairloss/regrowth for a while cuz I'm at NW5/6 and I believe there's no point for me, but great idea for a thread hope it does well. I think I saw someone say Dr Peat mentioned Tabasco/Hotsauce topically, sounds crazy but I wonder how effective it is.
Really? If someone has the quote, please share it

Hairfedup

I'm not posting my pics but take a look at this guy:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/3wbfxma-png.114315/

Plus look at this thread of people micro-needling, most had great results:
Microneedling Photo Results Summary

Amazing if true but how do we know its not a transplant?

Really? If someone has the quote, please share it

I saw it around here somewhere, I think in one of the Ray Peat interview threads, I'll try find it.

skincareman

Amazing if true but how do we know its not a transplant?

Well you can take my word for it. But I have extremely thin hair, I doubt a transplant would even work on me because of that. But I'm going down to NW0, haven't yet, right now I barely regrew the hair on my crown, now I'm working on regrowing my hairline but I already see tiny hairs growing.

The man in the pics used 5% minoxidil alongside micro needling

Yeah but I'm not and it's growing in ways I never thought possible. The key to regrowing your hair is having the blood flow up to your scalp, blood heals, it's the source of life, this has been known since biblical times, we don't have to understand why. If you want to regrow your hair, micro-needle your scalp at least once a day until it turns red every day for a year.

Ableton

Well you can take my word for it. But I have extremely thin hair, I doubt a transplant would even work on me because of that. But I'm going down to NW0, haven't yet, right now I barely regrew the hair on my crown, now I'm working on regrowing my hairline but I already see tiny hairs growing.

Yeah but I'm not and it's growing in ways I never thought possible. The key to regrowing your hair is having the blood flow up to your scalp, blood heals, it's the source of life, this has been known since biblical times, we don't have to understand why. If you want to regrow your hair, micro-needle your scalp at least once a day until it turns red every day for a year.

I have thought about this. Basically never let it heal lol.
How much mm? How long?
Any regimen at all?

I will prob give daily microneedling a shot at some point. But can't see myself doing it for a year if I don't get crazy progress

Hairfedup

Well would love to give it a go soon as my gastro stuff gets sorted Lord willing. Like the other guy said, what mm of needle and any other particulars or topicals?

gaze

for me healthy nails= healthy hair and strong nails for me come from milk, eggs, and meat (i think b12 has a big thing to do with it). nails should be strong and have a nice pink tone i think.

Matt C

I hear a lot of good things about microneedling and minoxidil .

I've got a 830 red light man device coming in the mail, gonna try needling and then using the light which will stimulate healing and collagen production.

I really don't wanna use minoxidil so i'll try the more drawn out approach

Ableton

I hear a lot of good things about microneedling and minoxidil .

I've got a 830 red light man device coming in the mail, gonna try needling and then using the light which will stimulate healing and collagen production.

I really don't wanna use minoxidil so i'll try the more drawn out approach

you do not want collagen production on your head, I think
minox inhibits collagen, and it's probably one mechanism on how it works

A lot of collagen is needed for fibrotic skin I think

Ableton

Hmm so I just towel massaged for the second time, and not kidding, it massaged the scalp cracks away that I had in my crown area. Wasn't able to do that with my hands. They have been there for weeks now
It also slightly wounds your head.
You need to screw the towel so that it gets hard and go berserk mode.
Might be a solid alternative to needling, and im quite sure it's better than hand massaging, and less work
It's slightly "burning" your skin as well, and that's probably a good thing given that some patient with burning wounds grew hair lol

def added to my regimen

Last edited:

Matt C

Not too long ago i started pinching intensely and hear a slight pop. It was extremely satisfying this feeling, didn't hurt at all. Since then the scalp around those areas I could do this to were much easier to manipulate - like i could actually fold the scalp inwards by pinching hard enough.

I really think this was the detachment of fibres of the galea to the scalp and should only increase blood flow. My hair feels better, looks a lil better, but its also too early to tell and i've been getting heaps more sun lately since i now work at home so could be a combination of things.

Hairfedup

Hmm so I just towel massaged for the second time, and not kidding, it massaged the scalp cracks away that I had in my crown area. Wasn't able to do that with my hands. They have been there for weeks now
Might be a solid alternative to needling, and im quite sure it's better than hand massaging, and less work
It's slightly "burning" your skin as well, and that's probably a good thing given that some patient with burning wounds grew hair lol

def added to my regimen

How do you massage without causing those creases/lines? I've had some creases from massaging since 2016, no lie. Something wrong with my scalp? Im heavily balded.

skincareman

@Ableton @Hairfedup

I do 1mm to 1.5mm

I stopped using everything else.

def added to my regimen

This is great. I was also reading that the folds that form in your scalp is because of your diet. Essentially we need to fix our diet, it's too acidic or something like that. Inflammation causes DHT to be released to fight the inflammation but in the scalp, since the skin is so thin, blood doesn't flow to rinse the DHT away so it causes us to bald.

Ableton

@Ableton @Hairfedup

I do 1mm to 1.5mm

I stopped using everything else.

This is great. I was also reading that the folds that form in your scalp is because of your diet. Essentially we need to fix our diet, it's too acidic or something like that. Inflammation causes DHT to be released to fight the inflammation but in the scalp, since the skin is so thin, blood doesn't flow to rinse the DHT away so it causes us to bald.

I am fixing it at the moment. I already made progress regarding that. How do I know? When I press my knuckles or semi sharp objects in my scalp they leave less of a indentation then a couple months before, and they fade quicker.
I suppose if your scalp is healthy it does not/barely do this at all.

Man 1,5mm 1-2x a day sounds impossible

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom