East West: Milk,Calcium And Hormones

Inaut

I think this interview was done in 2018 but I was revisiting it due to my recent interest in milk and thought it was worth a repost.

I thought I had problems with milk in the past (acne and bloating) but since drinking about 1.5L a day for about 3 weeks, I've only found benefits. I attribute my recent gains from working out to mainly increased milk intake (1% fat). I have received many compliments recently in and out of the gym about my body shape and "thickness".
My bowel movements have never been better and my skin is clearing up as well. I know a lot of people have problems with milk but it's working for me. Lastly, Edgar Cayce had orange juice and milk as staples of his diet in addition to liver and oysters a couple times a week. This is in line with Peat and for some reason I've always been interested in Cayce's stuff. Just another push for me to keep drinking milk I guess.

Thanks again to @tca300 @schultz @lampofred and @Hans.

PS. I apologies for scattered thoughts in this post.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

1:30:20 a caller asks Ray about the high phosphate content of milk and that being problematic... Paraphrasing but Ray says because the calcium content is so high in milk that it isn’t a concern and actually works to balance phosphate in other foods as well.

The ratio is 1.5:1 - calcium to phosphate.

I believe this issue was discussed in another thread @Blossom @Jennifer ?

Jennifer

Thanks for tagging me, @Inaut! Is it not problematic because of the overall high calcium content or because calcium is higher than phosphorus? I prefer cottage cheese to milk, but its calcium to phosphorus ration is in favor of phosphorus.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear milk is treating you so well. That's great! :)

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Thanks for tagging me, @Inaut! Is it not problematic because of the overall high calcium content or because calcium is higher than phosphorus? I prefer cottage cheese to milk, but its calcium to phosphorus ration is in favor of phosphorus.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear milk is treating you so well. That's great! :)

I believe because calcium is so high in the amount of milk he drank (gallon a day in the past), now just 2-3 quarts.

Jennifer

I believe because calcium is so high in the amount of milk he drank (gallon a day in the past), now just 2-3 quarts.
Ah, okay. Thanks! I guess it would have to be milk then and not cottage cheese, not that I can consume either at this point anyway. lol With the concentrated herbal infusions I make, I've been able to keep calcium well above phosphorus, even with shellfish and eggs as my protein sources.

jacob

Why are your results different now than in the past? Why are you no longer bloating and experiencing acne like in the past?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Very good question... It would be hard to pin point it but I think maybe I’m getting enough vitamin A now from eggs and liver (so as to prevent the acne). Another contributing factor is my gut and liver/gallbladder health which seems to have improved. Lastly, I was drinking full fat milk previously and having issues. Since switching to 1% with sugar, collagen and instant coffee, I feel it’s made a big difference. I’d like to eventually get back to fall fat organic dairy but I’ll take my time on 1% for now.

Dave Clark

Regarding Peat's talk at the end on CLAs; does anyone know whether the supplement form (which I believe is made from sunflower oil) would be okay to use, he didn't mention it? I had read somewhere before that the supp form had an isomer (12?) that was different than what was found in dairy, and therefore was not as good, but I haven't found anything elaborating on that.
Just curious if CLA supps were Peat friendly, and if not why (the source material not withstanding).