A 40yo women in a coma after brain cancer surgery. The doctors say they don't know why.

DeadCatBounce

Today I made a promise to a mother who's daughter is in a coma for the last 63 days after a brain cancer surgery to research if something can be done. Hard to find a better place for a sound advice than this forum.

The cancer was about 3cm long in the cerebellum. They said it was a metastasis after a breast cancer surgery that was done 5 months ago which is very soon after so not so sure about that. The daughter is 40yo with absolutely no health issues prior to the cancer. Didn't ask any questions about vaccines or anything of this sort as it felt wrong.

The doctors don't give a lot of info to the mother. They said to her they don't know why she is not waking up.

The daughter is showing signs of awareness, her mother said one of them is tears when she spoke to her. Which is extremely sad... They also kept the daughter in a cold room, her daughter showed signs of being cold (teeth grinding) and the mother asked the doctors to move her to a warmer place. They moved her to a warmer room but she is now having high fever and is on antibiotics. From 40C, now it has fallen to 38C in a few days. Unfortunately the girl is already very very skinny.

I have no idea what they treat her with and the mother could not explain as she kept saying the doctors tell her almost nothing. No idea what potential reasons for the coma have been checked for also.

Of course they advised her to stop the machines. Which I told her NOT to.

I cannot recall anything more than that. If something comes up I will add an edit to the post. We exchanged phones and I can gather more info.

edit1: She said her hands were getting swollen recently.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Today I made a promise to a mother who's daughter is in a coma for the last 63 days after a brain cancer surgery to research if something can be done. Hard to find a better place for a sound advice than this forum.

The cancer was about 3cm long in the cerebellum. They said it was a metastasis after a breast cancer surgery that was done 5 months ago which is very soon after so not so sure about that. The daughter is 40yo with absolutely no health issues prior to the cancer. Didn't ask any questions about vaccines or anything of this sort as it felt wrong.

The doctors don't give a lot of info to the mother. They said to her they don't know why she is not waking up.

The daughter is showing signs of awareness, her mother said one of them is tears when she spoke to her. Which is extremely sad... They also kept the daughter in a cold room, her daughter showed signs of being cold (teeth grinding) and the mother asked the doctors to move her to a warmer place. They moved her to a warmer room but she is now having high fever and is on antibiotics. From 40C, now it has fallen to 38C in a few days. Unfortunately the girl is already very very skinny.

I have no idea what they treat her with and the mother could not explain as she kept saying the doctors tell her almost nothing.

Of course they advised her to stop the machines. Which I told her NOT to.

I cannot recall anything more than that. If something comes up I will add an edit to the post. We exchanged phones and I can gather more info.

edit1: She said her hands were getting swollen recently.
So very sorry for this sad situation. What comes to mind is what I've read in Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's writings about thiamine. Thiamine is known to get severely reduced in times of stress in the hospital, especially with IV feeding. The brain needs energy to work and is very sensitive to thiamine deficiency. Perhaps Dr. Lonsdale's writings could be of help to you? Thiamine status is something the hospital should be monitoring.

also these:

LeeLemonoil

Which country? USA?

Definitely get a lawyer onto the case just to increase the pressure on the hospital. The very least is to know exactly what they did and what they now give her both medication and feeding.

If she is really reacting emotionally to her situation then awareness and cognition is under a thin veil of coma. As the poster above stated, metabolic and energy factors now need to be modulated quickly to enable regeneration (if possible)

They might have destroyed tissue though beyond repair. „We don’t know why“ hints at that possibility.

OP
DeadCatBounce

DeadCatBounce

So very sorry for this sad situation. What comes to mind is what I've read in Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's writings about thiamine. Thiamine is known to get severely reduced in times of stress in the hospital, especially with IV feeding. The brain needs energy to work and is very sensitive to thiamine deficiency. Perhaps Dr. Lonsdale's writings could be of help to you? Thiamine status is something the hospital should be monitoring.

also these:
Getting the docs to check b1 is a very good idea !

I was in the hospital today where I met the mother. My wife's grandmother who is 85 and got super severe pneumonia( chemtrails are in overdrive in our city, everyone having coughing issues thinking its viruses and it started in September, nobody notices it was too early for the severe cold season) and is now having oxygen saturation issues and falls to 70 range even with supplemental oxygen. We convinced the doctors to start her on Vit D which means the docs will be open to such suggestions.

LeeLemonoil

How can they suggest the mother to decide ending the life support but not give her detailed info abou the treatment? That stinks

OP
DeadCatBounce

DeadCatBounce

Which country? USA?

Definitely get a lawyer onto the case just to increase the pressure on the hospital. The very least is to know exactly what they did and what they now give her both medication and feeding.

If she is really reacting emotionally to her situation then awareness and cognition is under a thin veil of coma. As the poster above stated, metabolic and energy factors now need to be modulated quickly to enable regeneration (if possible)

They might have destroyed tissue though beyond repair. „We don’t know why“ hints at that possibility.
Its not the USA, Its a bulgarian private hospital. Thank you for the brilliant advice to get a lawyer on the case and cause pressure. Will contact my lawyer to ask who of her colleagues is the best for medical cases.

How can they suggest the mother to decide ending the life support but not give her detailed info abou the treatment? That stinks
Yes it does. Keeping her in a cold room too. Trying to doubt my dark mind sometimes. @LeeLemonoil

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Its not the USA, Its a bulgarian private hospital. Thank you for the brilliant advice to get a lawyer on the case and cause pressure. Will contact my lawyer to ask who of her colleagues is the best for medical cases.

Yes it does. Keeping her in a cold room too. Trying to doubt my dark mind sometimes. @LeeLemonoil

You’re welcome. It’s always an escalation to bring a lawyer into affairs, but with medical malfeasance it’s often the only realistic option to influence hospitals. Sadly.

Patient protection has also been included into some EU-wide legislation that might supersede Bulgarian law

Meecho

Check this thread about brain injury: Head Injury

My posts start on the third page. Seems to me that what works for traumatic brain injury also works for other brain injuries. Also, check out my Twitter @meechomee for more info.

As for my head recovery, CO2 therapy (”CO2 hat”) helped enormously. I’ve tried most other things, and it's the most powerful, by far. Together with a high-sugar diet, and significant amounts of thyroid – I can’t imagine something more effective than that. (My situation might be a special case.)

That hand swelling you mentioned might be caused by estrogen. Anticholinergic drugs inhibit that estrogen activity. In my opinion, anticholinergic drugs such as Dimenhydrinate and Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) would be the second most helpful thing. They also inhibit nitric oxide formation.

haidut explains it well here (at 1:08:25):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X76QESufHk&t=4105s

In his articles, Ray writes about the cholinergic system and brain injuries.

The third most helpful thing might be thiamin and niacinamide, along with other B vitamins. There are studies about that posted on the pages I linked.

When I look back, my biggest mistake was not overdosing with progesterone and B vitamins – hundreds and hundreds of milligrams daily. I'll try this thiamin product next: Source Naturals Coenzymated B-1 (amazon.com/dp/B000K96XPC). It should absorb into the brain fast, and you only put that candy (lozenge) under the tongue.

I wrote about the CO2 hat story to Ray Peat, and here’s his response: “Vitamin D and vitamin K are other things that help repair.”

---
“Bright light can reverse the cholinergic effects of inescapable stress (Flemmer, et al., 1990).” – Ray Peat

“Ethanol potentiates the B-vitamins 15-20x. It's in the first page of the Energin thread.“ – DaveFoster

“May be that's also the reason B vitamins go so well with drinking. A shot of Energin and some booze leaves me feeling a lot better than Energin or booze by themselves.” – haidut

---
Also, I’ll leave this post from haidut here:

“In similar doses, thiamine can substitute for acetazolamide in those people that do not have access to acetazolamide or are unwilling to take a prescription drug. In addition, thiamine and acetazolamide are synergistic as mentioned in the studies on mental health I posted earlier today, so in theory one could get away with much lower doses when using both substances together. For instance, there is some data showing that 250mg acetazolamide + 300mg thiamine is as effective as 750mg - 1,000mg acetazolamide in terms of raising CO2.”

“But more importantly, a 1,500mg of oral thiamine has been shown to be well tolerated and without any serious side effects. In fact, an human study on Alzheimer treatment with thiamine used 1,500mg doses up to 5 times a day and did not observe any toxicities. But given the synergism of thiamine and acetazolamide, one can probably get the full effects by taking lower doses of both substances together. ”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals