Ideal Meal Frequency Representing Supreme Health

tara

As far as I can tell there is zero reason not to tell people to stick to three meals a day, with one or two snacks. Where "snack" means a few sugar cubes in coffee or a banana.
As far as i can tell, there is zero reason to assume the same advice will work for everyone.
I went years assuming advice like that 'should' work for me in my twenties, since it seemed to for the people around me. And wondering why I was so often so close to a quivering, nearly fainting, unfocussed wreck. Till I learned to eat 5-6 meals a day, sometimes with snacks. It's possible that if I'd learned to eat much more substantial breakfasts and lunches, I'd have fared better, but that's not how things were done where I lived, and others seemed fine with it.

OP
J

Jsaute21

As far as i can tell, there is zero reason to assume the same advice will work for everyone.
I went years assuming advice like that 'should' work for me in my twenties, since it seemed to for the people around me. And wondering why I was so often so close to a quivering, nearly fainting, unfocussed wreck. Till I learned to eat 5-6 meals a day, sometimes with snacks. It's possible that if I'd learned to eat much more substantial breakfasts and lunches, I'd have fared better, but that's not how things were done where I lived, and others seemed fine with it.

This. Treat the individual, not the concept.

J

James IV

You tell people this "Eat frequently to support metabolism" line and then they wind up fat.

As far as I can tell there is zero reason not to tell people to stick to three meals a day, with one or two snacks. Where "snack" means a few sugar cubes in coffee or a banana.

Eating 5 times a day is eating pretty darn frequently, no? Breakfast lunch and dinner feels like a chore to me!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom