Seborrheic Dermatitis Thread

yerrag

Actually here i will explain explanation for why i think this works and ill post one link where someone else did all the research.

So my belief is there was always a vitamin a issue involved many many people report retinol making their dandruff worse and then there nuenrous accounts of people claiming tretinoin causing dandruff.

well how is it not all people experience this same negative. Well it most likely has to do with retinol dysregulation.

So i soon find out that If SCD1 is defecient in the skin you end up with high retinol activity in the skin regardless of how much retinol is in your body. Which could explain how more retinol exacberated the issue in people and myself. I mean literally i took retinol and the next day my flaking doubled undeniably.

guess what increases scd1 mrna significantly tmg.

not to mention tmg is an osmolyte. And my dandruff wdry and flaky.

here is the link where everyone did all the research.

Also i think tmg increases choline as it can revert back and this is what causes the stimulation perhaps. Perhaps b complex and inositol are needed to balance things out
Would be nice though if you can summarize it. That would confirm also your understanding of what's going on. And what is SCD1?

Kaka

Has anyone tried allithiamine for seb derm? I've taken 50mg every other day this week, and it seems to have helped things. My skin feels clearer, less oily and the dermatitis has improved (but not completely disappeared).

Coderr

Has anyone used colloidal gold water? I've heard of those that cure skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis

rr1

Has anyone tried allithiamine for seb derm? I've taken 50mg every other day this week, and it seems to have helped things. My skin feels clearer, less oily and the dermatitis has improved (but not completely disappeared).
Mine has fully cleared. Seems that the b-vit supp Energin from @haidut is what has helped the most. Taking 30-40 drops spread out through the day and mixed in OJ. So it makes sense that the vitamin B1 is helping you.

GorillaHead

Btw people tmg only worked for a few days or it seemed too. I was reading that if u want to cure sebboric dermatitis it usuually take 2 months of treatment because of epidermal differentiation. Not sure how true this is.

anyways my beard continue to flake. Rub my mustache and little white specks continue to fall

Kaka

Btw people tmg only worked for a few days or it seemed too. I was reading that if u want to cure sebboric dermatitis it usuually take 2 months of treatment because of epidermal differentiation. Not sure how true this is.

anyways my beard continue to flake. Rub my mustache and little white specks continue to fall

Yes, that's what I found. the TMG worked for a few days and then the seb derm came back (although not to the same extent as when I wasn't taking TMG).

Allithiamine and Pantothenic Acid (B5) seem to be helping the most. I've tried vitamin B2 and B6 and neither of them had much of an effect.

Yes, that's what I found. the TMG worked for a few days and then the seb derm came back (although not to the same extent as when I wasn't taking TMG).

Allithiamine and Pantothenic Acid (B5) seem to be helping the most. I've tried vitamin B2 and B6 and neither of them had much of an effect.
For me allithiamine or any b1 makes it worse. B2, B6 and biotin helps it, but doesn't cure it. Liver doesn't seem to
make it worse as it seems. Also, most shampoos make it worse on the long run. Wheat makes it worse too (not 100 % sure though). HAd weird reactions to TMG ,haven't noticed too much improvement. Weird stuff.

Last edited:

GorillaHead

This is absolutely bizzare. Why cant we get a grasp on this. Its related to ceramides? Mine isnt even red really its just constant flaking on my scalp and beard. Even if i shave i can see the skin flaking. The long level of remission i had was from amoxicllen. My hair shed less and everything

GorillaHead

Here some more info i gathered during skin infection. Sodium increases in the skin. In fact they found that in dermatitis patients sodium levels of the skin in those areas were elevated significantly.

so our issue is clearly like irritable bowl disease but on our skin to some degree.

its either some immune dysregulation or some skin biome imbalance.

We cant stop until we solve this !! Its embarassing that in 2021 a skin disease like this is running rampant

Ive tried every topical there is. Yall should list out every topical oral you hve tried and place it in a category of effectiveness.

if yall want i can start discord group and we can try to pinpoint a solution. Its more likely that we share a similar cause since all the common remedies dont work for us

Thoughts on this?

GorillaHead

For me allithiamine or any b1 makes it worse. B2, B6 and biotin helps it, but doesn't cure it. Liver doesn't seem to
make it worse as it seems. Also, most shampoos make it worse on the long run. Wheat makes it worse too (not 100 % sure though). HAd weird reactions to TMG ,haven't noticed too much improvement. Weird stuff.

becareful with b5 it can trigger hairloss

becareful with b5 it can trigger hairloss
Thanks! I remember somebody on the forum reported hair loss with b5. I have a history of long standing b1 deficiency so have to supplement it, but even that gives me weird reactions, probably since I went. hard on it for a long time to fix the deficiency. Gonna go easy on the b-s from now on - balance is key.

Birdie

I have flakes in my eyelashes. A part of blepharitis. But my scalp doesn't get flakes unless I wait too long to wash it.

In my case, the scalp flaking didn't stop until I installed a water filter on the shower. I moved to an area with lousy water.

brix

my seb derm and hair loss halted for the longest time but have since come back. Was using ACV topically with either caffeine or aspirin mixed in, but now seems to have no effect.

GorillaHead

jaype

Bumping this thread. Has anything worked long term for anyone?

I actually get it mostly on my face, which sucks. for my hair I can control it perfectly with a selenium sulfide shampoo and find that once or twice a week is enough to keep it away for good, problem is it's too harsh for the skin on my face.

I've had this for about 15 years with long periods of remission where I dont even have to think about it.

I suspect there's something intristically wrong with our skin barrier. Some people get relieve from topical niacinamide, probably because it reinforces the skin barrier by boosting ceramide production.

Could more dopamine help? D2 receptor agonists accelerate barrier repair.

I'm curious about the TMG reports, does it still work for those using it?

GorillaHead

Bumping this thread. Has anything worked long term for anyone?

I actually get it mostly on my face, which sucks. for my hair I can control it perfectly with a selenium sulfide shampoo and find that once or twice a week is enough to keep it away for good, problem is it's too harsh for the skin on my face.

I've had this for about 15 years with long periods of remission where I dont even have to think about it.

I suspect there's something intristically wrong with our skin barrier. Some people get relieve from topical niacinamide, probably because it reinforces the skin barrier by boosting ceramide production.

Could more dopamine help? D2 receptor agonists accelerate barrier repair.

I'm curious about the TMG reports, does it still work for those using it?
Sadly tmg was a bust.

jaype

bumping this, anybody that have had long-term success treatments? I ******* hate when I get flare ups

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals